2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my coaches had a saying, "sometimes you just run into a buzz saw" the heat ran into a buzz saw last night. Nothing they coulda done to win that game. Even with bad defense, for a team to shoot 75% from the field in a half is a once in a blue moon event. If the Spurs play like that for two more games the heat will gladly hand them the title shake their hands and walk off.
But alas, that insanely calm interviews that Lebron and Wade had after this game reminds me of last years I believe, game 5 interview after Danny Green exploded with 3pointers.
Wade and James were so calm because when you look at the stats the heat didn't play that badly. They scored 90+ points, shot 51% from the field, 47% from 3, had 17 assists, and 8 steals. That wins you games 9 out of 10 times. The only bad stat was the 20 turnovers and their inability to match the spurs energy early.

The heat just need to turn their intensity up, get down to 10-12 TOs, and match up with Diaw being in the starting line up now. All things they are capable of doing (getting something ANYTHING out of Chalmers would help to) If they do that they'll have as good a chance as any to win this series.
Dude all of this. Spurs are just hot as could be shooting right now. No team on Earth is going to beat a championship team that shoots 75% in the first half of a game. And let's not act they were all wide open uncontested shots. Lebron was all over Leonard, dude just couldn't miss. Same way Lebron torched everybody game 2 and made everything he threw at the rim. It was just one of those nights. By my count the series is where it should be, 2-1.

And can we stop downing the Heat because they're having a hard time beating a championship team. Good lord. They're playing the best team next to them, of course they're going to struggle, but there's still four games to make adjustments and get back in this.

And the Lebron hate now is like never before. Seriously he can't play 1 on 5 for 48 minutes. No great in the history of the game has done that. Lebron had a slightly off game last night, but not really. He still had like 22-5-7 and 5 steals. He can't bring them all the way back from a 24 point deficit by himself. It doesn't work that way. And he can't guard all five people on the court at one time. I've never seen any player in the history of the game get this kind of scrutiny. He won't be considered great (not greatest of all time) unless he scores every point, D's up everyone on the floor at one time and shuts a team down to 75 points. It's just ridiculous.

anywhere to stream first take? tried the watchespn but it was trying to make me log in with a cable provider and big dawgs only rock with directv

And the Lebron hate now is like never before. Seriously he can't play 1 on 5 for 48 minutes. No great in the history of the game has done that. Lebron had a slightly off game last night, but not really. He still had like 22-5-7 and 5 steals. He can't bring them all the way back from a 24 point deficit by himself. It doesn't work that way. And he can't guard all five people on the court at one time. I've never seen any player in the history of the game get this kind of scrutiny. He won't be considered great (not greatest of all time) unless he scores every point, D's up everyone on the floor at one time and shuts a team down to 75 points. It's just ridiculous.

:lol: I know right...revisionist history. To hear some people talk; MJ averaged 50/20/20 never passed the ball, took every last shot, made all of them, and turned water into wine for fans to drink after the game. It's cray.

Is anyone still concerned about the Spurs as I am. They shot 75% in the 1st half but somehow the Heat made it back to 8 at one point in the game.

I felt like the Spurs took the foot off the pedal by the 2nd half and just barely did enough to win. They didn't have that fluid, beautiful passing in the 2nd half.

Just like last year's Finals, the Spurs won a close game 1, Heat won game 2, Spurs shot lights out game 3...

The big diff between this year's Spurs and last year's Spurs is this year's ball movement. If they can keep that up for the rest of the Finals, they should be good to go.

Is anyone still concerned about the Spurs as I am. They shot 75% in the 1st half but somehow the Heat made it back to 8 at one point in the game.

I felt like the Spurs took the foot off the pedal by the 2nd half and just barely did enough to win. They didn't have that fluid, beautiful passing in the 2nd half.

Just like last year's Finals, the Spurs won a close game 1, Heat won game 2, Spurs shot lights out game 3...

The big diff between this year's Spurs and last year's Spurs is this year's ball movement. If they can keep that up for the rest of the Finals, they should be good to go.

its hard to keep up that kind of play for 48 minutes man

i knew they would slow down in the 2nd half, no way they can keep that up unless they were playing the bucks or something.

they won by 19 you ham. heat made a run, spurs had an answer for everything.

Not concerned at all. These are two even teams. It won't be a surprise if either wins. A break here or there is gonna decide this series. The Spurs had the juice last night, we'll see if they know the ledge :tongue:

I'm more concerned with how Kawhi's bone structure is even possible.

Has anyone seen his traps? the hell is going on there.

He's an alien

nah

Oh. And my obligatory Lebron jab - the Heat came within 8, he couldn't find a way in his GOATness to close the gap? :smh: BEST IN THE WORLD

Not concerned at all. These are two even teams. It won't be a surprise if either wins. A break here or there is gonna decide this series. The Spurs had the juice last night, we'll see if they know the ledge :tongue:
Bro you got me rapping that song in my head, "crazy juice"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom