2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot about Courtney Lee BigJ
laugh.gif

But I never understood his hype.
The only memory of him I'll ever have is missing the wide open alley oop Lay Up that SVG brilliantly drew up for him in the finals against the Lakers.

That miss single handedly cost them a chance at winning the finals, and inevitably led to SVG's downfall with the Magic.

Anyone else remember?

Lee FTL.
laugh.gif
Who could forget that.

Took a day off today and watched first take it was horrible.

The thing is, Jeremy Lin is a good player. He could be the starting PG of the Rockets, a playoff team. However, he's not a great defensive player. He plays defense, he's just not nearly as good as Beverly. Flipside of that coin is that Beverly is a horrendous offensive player, whereas Lin is not. Harden, who will play side by side with whomever guard starts, plays absolutely NO DEFENSE WHATSOEVER, so McHale starts Beverly in order to not have two weak defensive players on the floor. Whether you want to believe it or not, NYK was better off with Lin, Amare, Chandler, etc than Melo and whatever options they have now. They went with Melo, the offensive black hole.

George Hill is doing just fine. Last I checked, he was being guarded by LEBRON JAMES for a pretty decent duration of the ECF. Sure, he's not a top 10 PG in the league, but he's not even a real point guard to begin with.
first jeremy is NOT good. and lets be real the only reason they wanted him cause houston has the fastest growing area of asian/chinese ppl in the usa... and ticket sales dropped significantly once yao left. So lets not dismiss the money/draw trolls gonna troll aspect of it all. He is serviceable and if any decent/good pg was available they would take him EASILY.

So there basically making the best of a bad situation. Kinda like miami is doing with mario... NYK wasnt really better because it was such a short stint and no real way if it was better long term. Cant realy say a team is better off with a player based on a handful of games. 

George hill is basically not doing fine. he has been on the bubble of being traded for how long...just there arent many suitors and they arent really in the position to draft nor trade to get a good/great starting pg. Granted he isnt a natural pg... but he isnt much of a sg either. He isnt a good/great perimeter shooter. He isnt an exceptional ball handler nor command a double team. And he isnt a key component to the pacers success (one could argue he is the epitome of their failures) Whereas he was a key player and played a positive role while being in san antonio.

Dont get me wrong i dont root for frizzy k to fail. But being a garbage/clean up man...do all the little things type of player in san antonio... and having ONE breakout game in a 4/5 yr career....its kinda busting a load saying stuff like he easily could be a starter for most nba teams.. or he can be an allstar etc..

Diaw's basketball iq is underrated. Wish he had this much impact on the hawks back in the day though :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom