2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I can see a potential nationwide NBA Boycott (or at the very least an attempt) if that happens, then what?

Nationwide boycott? Huh? What for :lol: :lol:

In truth, it would be awesome for the NBA from a popularity standpoint. The NBA has only benefitted from the big 3 forming in Miami. Would only make it all the more grandiose. A Must watch spectacle.

People said that four years ago.
They did and now its the same as 4 years ago, plus another guy. Basketball has gotten so much more media attention since then, that I can see them pushing for it way harder this time around

Man Carmelo has had an awesome career from an individual standpoint. He's had an incredible career.

Join the heat and win it all :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: win at all cost. They don't love you anyway, and for sure won't love you if you stay in NY or go somewhere else and lose. Take the paycut, join Miami, and win, win, win.

******* tryna build an olympic team out in Miami
mean.gif

They did and now its the same as 4 years ago, plus another guy. Basketball has gotten so much more media attention since then, that I can see them pushing for it way harder this time around

You do know that the biggest reason for that increase of attention is the Miami Heat right? :lol:

You do know that the biggest reason for that increase of attention is the Miami Heat right?
laugh.gif
Yup and it came with anger, now this would bring more anger. Dont underestimate peoples propensity to complain. 

I dont think it would for sure happen, but I wouldnt be shocked if it did.

Come 2017, the only thing the owners can do prevent anything like this from happening would be a hard cap. Or maybe franchise tagging.

I agree, the only way the NBA can stop these mega star teams will be a hard cap. The only way i can see a way around it is if multiple All-Stars take huge paycuts to stay on the team to be under the cap.

I don't think this will happen, I look at melo as more of a legit dude to do that (I hope). I do see that soft *** Bron trynna recruit him tho since he sees wade falling apart. Its like when u were younger and couldn't beat the CPU in live on the hardest setting so u start trading your favorite players to the same team to finally win.

If they do it anyplace but Miami, that fanbase doesn't deserve the team they have right now, let alone adding Melo to the mix. I can't be mad though, I wanted Melo and Bron to team up on the Lakers before they gave Kobe that crazy contract.

Players taking their careers by the horns and not leaving it to chance to bumbling GMs/organizations. :pimp:

At a point it isn't sport anymore. It hurts the integrity of the game.

There's nothing cool about stacking the deck to such an extreme amount. It's lame and I don't see why it's encouraged by anyone other than a fan of the team.

Last edited:
Would Melo to MIA hurt or help the Heat? I say let them do it, Melo is a cancer to teams he is on. Chemistry would be all out of wack. Only thing that would be saving them at that point would be Bosh

Players taking their careers by the horns and not leaving it to chance to bumbling GMs/organizations. :pimp:

At a point it isn't sport anymore. It hurts the integrity of the game.

There's nothing cool about stacking the deck to such an extreme amount. It's lame and I don't see why it's encouraged by anyone other than a fan of the team.
Didn't the Celtics and Lakers dominate the 80s with stacked teams compared to the rest of the league? The same time period that gets romanticized. Was that okay because the players didn't have as much freedom as now? Or nah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom