2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
KD officially named MVP, LBJ runner up.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Brian Windhorst ‏@WindhorstESPN 9s

Kevin Durant wins MVP in a landslide over LeBron James, getting 119 of 125 first-place votes.
That first place vote disparity is shocking. I'll wait for this to stir up controversy

Last edited:
I still think we'll win in 5 or 6. Wizards are a tough team, though. Speed and quickness in the back court and a tough front court. If Hibbert can stop playing like the ******ed kid with goggles on my youth team growing up, it would get ugly.

Credit to Coach Wittman for having his guys come out firing. Next game we shutting that **** down boy! I'll be sitting court side rooting my ****** on. Shoutouts Paul George and Born Ready!
Sorry to say pal but your team's fate lies on Hibbert. Not a good look...

Damn, I missed the whole NBA reg season and didn't realize how big the gap for MVP would be. When I look at KD and LBJ numbers they look similar, boy must have been beasting or that 40+ games of 25 points really help, congrats to the young fella tho.

Indiana can't shut anyone down defensively anymore. Hibbert is a lost cause at this point. There is no coming back off that cliff. Pacers D is garbage and totally different without AllStar Hibbert. Wizards D is better honestly and overlooked. It's hard for people to wrap their head around Washington being legit contenders, so I get it. Wizards in 5 or 6.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Kevin Durant wins MVP in a landslide over LeBron James, getting 119 of 125 first-place votes.
That first place vote disparity is shocking. I'll wait for this to stir up controversy

Is it really that shocking?

Yes Bron was amazing but not as good as he was last year and voter fatigue. He made it interesting after the AS break but fell off a bit at the end of the season.

Let's act like KD wasn't out of his mind while Russ was out.

He could've won it unanimously IMO.

Last edited:

I still think we'll win in 5 or 6. Wizards are a tough team, though. Speed and quickness in the back court and a tough front court. If Hibbert can stop playing like the ******ed kid with goggles on my youth team growing up, it would get ugly.

Credit to Coach Wittman for having his guys come out firing. Next game we shutting that **** down boy! I'll be sitting court side rooting my ****** on. Shoutouts Paul George and Born Ready!
Sorry to say pal but your team's fate lies on Hibbert. Not a good look...
How about we put our money where our mouths are shall we?

Hibbert is playing bad. Historically bad. Terribly. Like I wanna talk to this guy and instill my optimism into him or something.

If Hibbert can do the little things (block out, rotate on help side, talk on defense when guarding the pick & roll, get deflections) I swear we don't even really need him to score. If he does, we win the game.

If PG can continue to get 20 and 10 every game then we really have a good chance... just don't see John Wall or Beal being a consistent force every game to take us down. Wall hasn't been shooting well throughout the playoffs ... so I see that continuing against our fire *** defense.

YUNG ***** MOVE DAT DOPE

How about we put our money where our mouths are shall we?

Hibbert is playing bad. Historically bad. Terribly. Like I wanna talk to this guy and instill my optimism into him or something.

If Hibbert can do the little things (block out, rotate on help side, talk on defense when guarding the pick & roll, get deflections) I swear we don't even really need him to score. If he does, we win the game.

If PG can continue to get 20 and 10 every game then we really have a good chance... just don't see John Wall or Beal being a consistent force every game to take us down. Wall hasn't been shooting well throughout the playoffs ... so I see that continuing against our fire *** defense.

View media item 956721

YUNG ***** MOVE DAT DOPE

What about Indy's troubles to score the basketball? If Paul George isn't on what do you rely on David west and his back down then shoulder charge the defender in the chest then fadeaway?

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Is it really that shocking?

Yes Bron was amazing but not as good as he was last year and voter fatigue. He made it interesting after the AS break but fell off a bit at the end of the season.

Let's act like KD wasn't out of his mind while Russ was out.

He could've won it unanimously IMO.
To me it is, I knew KD would win, but I thought the race would be closer. I'm gonna chalk it up to voter fatigue. What I'm most interested in is how people are going to react. I expect to see 40 charts and graphs of how LeBrons season was basically equal to KDs.

Indiana can't shut anyone down defensively anymore. Hibbert is a lost cause at this point. There is no coming back off that cliff. Pacers D is garbage and totally different without AllStar Hibbert. Wizards D is better honestly and overlooked. It's hard for people to wrap their head around Washington being legit contenders, so I get it. Wizards in 5 or 6.
Last night was not a fluke but i guess people wont realize that til the series is over. Who on the Pacers can score legitimately consistently? ill wait on it if I'm not mistaken PG went 4/17 last night and yea Lance Stephenson can score but he is inconstant and hops around the court to much after he makes a couple of shots.

Wizards don't need Wall to shoot well to win nor Beal to do what he did last night every game. That's what makes us such a problem. For example Gooden 12 and 13 last night.

Happy BG finished top 3. Kind of shows just how far he's come as a basketball player. Congrats to KD though, definitely well deserved. Could be the first of a few in a row for him honestly.

Chris Paul has two good playoff games out of 8 and all of a sudden he's MVP material. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kyle Lowry deserved more MVP votes than Chris Paul.

Man what?

19/10 while playing great defense and the best assist to turnover ratio with a 26 PER.

Show me another PG who did that, cause it definitely isn't Kyle Lowry.

He missed 20 games so that's the only knock against him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom