2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Brett Favre on a motorcycle :pimp:

Need to bring in some Jucos all over the defense (could use a DL, LB, and S). If Luke Joeckel leaves this year, we really need Jake Matthews to stay. Don't wanna have to replace two OTs...if both leave we need to hit the Juco ranks and try to get Josiah St. James.

I wasn't fully on board with Johnny being named the starter, but after what he's shown so far, I love the potential of the offense for the next few years.

Last edited:
WVU Vs. UT

Winner of this wins the Big XII and I'll be at the game.

Let's go Longhorns. Can Ash score at least 40?

uscstumble_medium.gif

Looks like BJ Daniels after he took that hit last week....smh

WR Marquez North out of NC will commit to Volunteers :smokin

I covered Marquez as a freshman at Lumberton before he moved to Charlotte to play at Mallard Creek. Spoke to him a few months ago and he said he had no favorite but liked the SEC. He's been to countless games in-state here (North Carolina) but like the big-time CFB atmosphere. I think Tennessee or Florida will be where he ends up. He was a quarterback when I covered him, he's since blossomed into an ATH/WR. He'll be a deep threat in college.

North isnt ending up in Florida.

he doesnt even have them top 3.

He has communicated with the Vol staff that his recruitment is over and he will go public on his OV to Tennessee.

Its been over since the summer camp

Are there any people in this thread who actually cover recruiting or college football...ie they write for different sites, or cover camps?

Are there any people in this thread who actually cover recruiting or college football...ie they write for different sites, or cover camps?

I cover prep and college football in North Carolina. Staff writer at a paper here.

My copy is 75% prep and the rest college, pro, etc.

I still can't believe the amount of prospects that Mallard Creek is putting out nowadays. School is brand new.

Used to be West Charlotte & Independence....Now Mallard Creek & Butler are putting out high major D1 kids every year. Crazy

Dre, Mallard Creek is the new football factory upstate. Independence has been down since MC's arrival and Butler's still tough.

I cover southeastern NC football for the most part (not much talent down here to be honest)

North Carolina been good to UF 

Brandon Spikes, Carl Johnson, Xavier Nixon, DJ Humphries, Jon Bullard 

Kinda sad to see X lose his starting gig up front as a senior ... or so I've heard.

I graduated from Jack Britt actually (Nixon's alma-mater). Relatively new school, but a football power.

Will Grier is gonna be king of the South for then ext couple years in recruiting

Last edited:
Leak did Jack Britt dirty I wanna say in the 02 playoffs? I remember making the 3-hour drive to Charlotte and it must have been 35 degrees at kickoff. Britt returned the opening kickoff for a TD then Independence rolled off like 52 straight points.

Leak threw 6 TD passes and NEVER got touched by a defensive lineman. Dude was small but effective.

North Carolina been good to UF 

Brandon Spikes, Carl Johnson, Xavier Nixon, DJ Humphries, Jon Bullard 

Steve Shipp.... :lol:
Leak did Jack Britt dirty I wanna say in the 02 playoffs? I remember making the 3-hour drive to Charlotte and it must have been 35 degrees at kickoff. Britt returned the opening kickoff for a TD then Independence rolled off like 52 straight points.
Leak threw 6 TD passes and NEVER got touched by a defensive lineman. Dude was small but effective.

Leak was out there w/ Mario Raley on one side, Mario Crowe in the backfield and Eric Lyons on the other side and Massaquoi. Unfair.

Then Joe Cox got to play w/ Massaquoi and Hakeem Nicks lol

Last edited:
AJ Green is probably the best HS wideout I've seen live. Summerville, SC ain't been good since he left.

He's talking about CJ Leak. Chris' older bro who went to South Meck.

Went to Wake Forest (hence the Scholly offer when Chris was in the 8th grade) and then transferred to Tennessee

Here's something I wrote a few months ago prior to National Signing Day on in-state recruits heading out of state here in North Carolina ...
http://robesonian.com/view/full_sto...son-more-attractive-to-in-state-star-recruits

Butch Davis was changing this while @ UNC, although he had his methods...the same problem was going on with the state of SC with the best [;ayers ;eaving the state but that seems to have changed somewhat in the past 3-4 years starting with Da'Quan Bowers and Alshon Jeffrey

Back
Top Bottom