2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Butch Davis was changing this while @ UNC, although he had his methods...the same problem was going on with the state of SC with the best [;ayers ;eaving the state but that seems to have changed somewhat in the past 3-4 years starting with Da'Quan Bowers and Alshon Jeffrey

The Gamecocks have signed four consecutive Mr. Footballs in the state of South Carolina.

Stephon Gilmore, Marcus Lattimore, Jadeveon Clowney and Shaq Roland. Those four guys could've gone anywhere (Alshon too since he was a So Cal lean I think). That's a compliment to what Spurrier has been able to build with in-state elite talent. He needs to keep that up.

Last edited:
76288_10151096229123099_227462745_n.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ninjas bout to get PacMan'd over getting rained on.

O My GAWDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

:rofl:

I know, sounds Saban-ish, but we can. We can back count like 8 EE's or somn, look it up it has been hot topic in UGA recruiting.

Off by a couple..

How large will UGA’s football recruiting class be for 2013?

Mark Richt  isn’t saying — at least publicly.

“I don’t really get into talking hard numbers with everybody in the media, to be honest with you” he told the AJC recently.

How many will UGA sign in February 2013?

•  30 or more
  •  29 or less
View Results

“I will say this: We will definitely have space to count guys back to last year’s class … there’s no doubt about that. We would love to have as many midyear enrollees as possible to maximize that number going back, along with providing space to go forward with 25, if there’s room with the 85 number [for overall scholarships].

“There’s no doubt, this year in particular, we definitely would be looking to get guys to come at the midyear [in January] and count back towards last year’s class.”

Let’s take a step back: The SEC has new rules against over-signing, limiting each member school to sign a maximum of 25 recruits per year. However, there is a loophole if a signee is an early enrollee. The Macon Telegraph’s Seth Emerson explains it here.

Basically, an early enrollee can count against the 25-man limit with his current recruiting class, or “back-count” toward the previous class if that previous class had less than 25 signees. UGA signed 19 for its 2012 class, three enrolled early, and at least two of the three will count toward its 2011 class, which will make the final number at 16-17 for 2012.

The bottom line is that UGA could end up signing as many 33 for 2013, although somewhere between 26-30 is more likely.

All Richt will say on the record is that it could be one of his larger classes.

Mark-Richt.jpg

Mark Richt has reasons for keeping his 2013 projections a secret (AJC)

“Yes, it could be,” he said. “The bottom line is how much space do you have in the 85-man limit? That’s the bottom line. We’ve already had some attrition after this year’s recruiting class ended. And you could always end up having more attrition for various reasons.

“So between now and next year’s signing class, there’s a lot of things that can happen. That’s the hardest part about recruiting … it’s trying to get your numbers just right when all these parts are moving.”

Richt has a good idea what the number will be for the 2013 but he’s not going to go public with it. Why is that? Why keep it a secret? Richt has his reasons.

“Well, first, if you say what a number is, everybody will sit there and say that’s their target they’re trying to get; so if you come short of it, there’s conversation, and if you go over it, there’s conversation,” he explained.

“The reality is that the number is not a hard number. The number fluctuates. If you start throwing numbers out there, it almost becomes confusing to everybody if that number changes for one reason or another, if you see what I’m saying.

“I can’t tell you exactly how much space we got, that’s the reason why. Because it’s always changing, whether it’s a guy turning pro, whether it’s a guy that gets disciplined and gets dismissed from the team, whether it’s a guy who wants to transfer, or whether it’s a guy who gets hurt and gets a medical DQ … I mean, there are so many things that change your number. Or even sometimes, you’ll have a walk-on that you will put on scholarship, and you want to have the freedom to do that.

“So, for me to try and say what the number is, it moves too much and too often for us to say certainly where it is. So that’s why I like to stay away from that.”

UGA may already be halfway to its magic number with 15 early commitments for 2013

Last edited:
a terrible sports week for me. the cowboys just cowboy'd on MNF, the rangers' season will end tonight, and the longhorns will get skull drugged by noobies to the conference this weekend.

Leak did Jack Britt dirty I wanna say in the 02 playoffs? I remember making the 3-hour drive to Charlotte and it must have been 35 degrees at kickoff. Britt returned the opening kickoff for a TD then Independence rolled off like 52 straight points.

Leak threw 6 TD passes and NEVER got touched by a defensive lineman. Dude was small but effective.
Sounds like the 07 bcs title game.

North Carolina been good to UF 

Brandon Spikes, Carl Johnson, Xavier Nixon, DJ Humphries, Jon Bullard 
Steve Shipp....
laugh.gif
Leak did Jack Britt dirty I wanna say in the 02 playoffs? I remember making the 3-hour drive to Charlotte and it must have been 35 degrees at kickoff. Britt returned the opening kickoff for a TD then Independence rolled off like 52 straight points.
Leak threw 6 TD passes and NEVER got touched by a defensive lineman. Dude was small but effective.
Leak was out there w/ Mario Raley on one side, Mario Crowe in the backfield and Eric Lyons on the other side and Massaquoi. Unfair.

Then Joe Cox got to play w/ Massaquoi and Hakeem Nicks lol
Cox also had another lil small 3rd receiver that was nice....forgot his name though......kinda crazy how mallard creek took over though but I know Charlotte did something w/ the zoning cause people were complaining about Independence dominance 

[h1]Cardale Jones: Classes pointless[/h1]

Updated:  October 5, 2012, 6:04 PM ET
ESPN.com news services

[h5]Cardale Jones: Classes Pointless[/h5]
Ohio State third-string quarterback Cardale Jones tweets that classes are pointless.Tags: Ohio StateAustin Ward

[h6]NEXT VIDEO 
video2.png
[/h6]
Ohio State  third-string quarterback Cardale Jones  made his feelings about attending classes clear Friday on Twitter.

"Why should we have to go to class if we came here to play FOOTBALL, we ain't come to play SCHOOL classes are POINTLESS," he wrote.

[h4]Big Ten Blog[/h4]
big_ten.gif
ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg and Brian Bennett write about all things Big Ten in the conference blog.

• Blog network: College Football Nation

The tweet and Jones' entire account have been deleted, but multiple media outlets captured Jones' words before they vanished.

Jones is behind Braxton Miller  and Kenny Guitonon the depth chart and has not played a down for Ohio State.

Jones signed with the Buckeyes in February 2011, but spent last year at a military prep school in Virginia to boost his academics, the Detroit Free Press reported. ESPN ranked him as the nation's 33rd-best quarterback in the 2011 class.

In June, Ohio State was recognized because its multiyear Academic Progress Rate scores were in the top 10 percent of Division I football teams. OSU also received the same honor in 2011.

The 12th-ranked Buckeyes face No. 21 Nebraska on Saturday.
  •  

Anyone else have a subscription to your teams Scout.com website? Did they switch to the fox sports format?

a terrible sports week for me. the cowboys just cowboy'd on MNF, the rangers' season will end tonight, and the longhorns will get skull drugged by noobies to the conference this weekend.

As a DFW sports fan, I know that feel. Plus, my team lost its starting QB also...

TCU will not wear the new shiny purple chrome helmets today. Changed their mind after the Pachall mess.

Are there any people in this thread who actually cover recruiting or college football...ie they write for different sites, or cover camps?

I write for the TCU Rivals site PurpleMenace.com and I also write for Frogs O War.com which is SBNation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the Buckeyes get this W

and MAYBE just maybe Arkansas can get a win.

If they get blowed out, I expect an announcement rather soon.

I'm sorry, but this Kansas playcalling on 4th down has me dying :lol: :lol: :lol:

Feels like I'm watching a game of Madden

I don't know if it's been brought up, but Saban's comments about a fast-paced offense are laughable. Dude's whining about teams playing too fast?

Saban is a penis.

I don't know if it's been brought up, but Saban's comments about a fast-paced offense are laughable. Dude's whining about teams playing too fast?
Saban is a penis.
i dont even kow why he said that, its not like he cant coach his defense to beat teams with a fast pace offense.

Collin Klein clock mangment has been horrible today

Back
Top Bottom