2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

I've been a fan of Louisiana Tech this year. They have a pretty good squad. Wish their one RB hadn't gotten hurt though...

I am curious which two???
I see three overrated teams losing today...UGA and FSU with all of the ESPN "greatest D ever" hype BS...and, LSU has not looked good against anyone but Washington and Idahothis year...
And...BTW...Florida is smoke and mirrors...they will be exposed...sooner than later...
Not going to say that Bama isn't the real deal, but the hype of Southern Football was out of control in the preseason this year and has been exposed...
JM

I was talking about UGA & FSU.. I forgot about LSU, didnt think they were good either.. I dont think Florida is as good as their record shows either, and thats my team

I dont think Florida is as good as their record shows either, and thats my team
Overachievers gonna overachieve :pimp:

As for Oregon, they came in and did what I expected them to do :pimp:

Last edited:
Like I told ya'll a couple weeks ago...we would take LSU down. :evil:

Vandy, S. Carolina & Georgia...my body is ready. :smokin

Oh and :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: @ FSU, who in here was claiming NC?

National Title Pretenders at their finest. :rofl:

Last edited:
Michigan might actually have a good defense. D-line has stepped it up. They keep LB's clean so they can make plays. Secondary was making plays. Denard threw the ball pretty good. Rawls needs to start getting some carries. Toussaint seems to be missing a lot of holes and trying to get outside too much. Also Jake Ryan remind me of one of the Matthews brothers. He comes from everywhere.

Matter of fact. I just rewatched the 2nd half. EJ Manuel was Terrible in the 2nd half.

he missed an Easy TD to KB on a post.

KB beat his DB by 5 yards..

EJ also throws a Bad INT inside NC State 30

and then EJ takes a sack on 4th & 2 inside of FG range for a 15 yard loss.

then FSU gets punt blocked the same way USF got one. that personal protector Line in front of the Punter is Soft

I can not co-sign putting this loss on Jimbo.

the gameplan was solid

Last edited:
Do you guys think the Florida, South Carolina game will even be competitive or will the Gamecocks steam roll them like they did GA?

Gunnas top 15 power rankings

1. Alabama
  2. Oregon
  3. K State
  4. UF
  5. So. carolina
  6. WVA
  7. Texas A&M
  8. ND
  9. O$U
  10. Rutgers
  11. Oregon St
  12. Stanford
  13. USC
  14. Clemson
  15. Louisville

Next 5
LSU, FSU, ULM, UGA, Oklahoma

Last edited:
Matter of fact. I just rewatched the 2nd half. EJ Manuel was Terrible in the 2nd half.
then FSU gets punt blocked the same way USF got one. that personal protector Line in front of the Punter is Soft
the gameplan was solid

I can...Jimbo gets too conservative in the 2nd half...we have a 6-5 235 Thouroughbred in the backfield, and when the game is on the line you turn him loose. Jimbo and the staff showed that they still do not trust E.J. in crunch time, as they didnt even give him a chance to get the 1st down...I know Thompson was hot but Jimbo must do a better job of rotating backs, and timeout management...but like you said EJ did play a poor 2nd half...IMO Jimbo should have adjusted once NC State went all out for stopping the run...I still believe FSU's Wideouts > NC State's db's especially in space.... I also feel on Offense FSU might have the most un-utilized talent in the nation...they simplified the playbook for E.J. but limiting everyone else is ridiculous.....This game reminded me of that UVA debacle last year...smh...but yes E.J. did play a poor 2nd half

Also FSU must do something about the holds on the D-Line whether it be flopping or whatever, I'm not biased as it happens to all teams with elite D-lineman, and I understand the refs will not call it everytime, but on that last drive every play that State converted on there was a blatant hold including the TD they had...Jernigan was tackled on one play in the final drive.....That last play was a designed pick with the wideout...saw it from a mile away, and I knew the refs wouldn't call offensive P.I.

on four 2nd half possessions, FSU had the ball inside the 50.

missed TD pass on 3rd down, Punt
INT inside the 30,
3rd & 2, Jimbo puts the ball in EJ's hands on roll out and he takes a sack for 15 yard loss and are out of FG range. Punt
Hail Mary.

what more can Jimbo do? 3 legit chances for points.
this was same Gameplan vs Clemson only difference is EJ made plays vs Clemson.

Props to NC State for getting Amerson off that Boundary corner and moving him to side of FS help.

that TD play wasnt a pick, simply a Delay release off tight motion.
that was NOT Off. PI :smh:

Last edited:
the gameplan was solid

How was the gameplan solid?
We never blitzed the entire second half
32, our closer got zero carries...
4 was wore out in the second half, you could tell... we have other running backs, why did they sit?
2 weeks in a row we get a punt blocked? unacceptable... that's on the coaches
the 3rd and 2 from the 22 should have been run play. period. You cant win a 'chip without being able to stick it between the tackles when u have to.. Wilder or Smiley would have converted that, and even if they didnt you go up by 2 scores with a FG at that point... smh
and yes, EJ had a bad 2nd half for sure ... i knew it was a matter of time
Props to NC state ... Glennon made the throws when he had to, got alot more patient in the second half... i think our defense played well most of the game... Whoever decided to play conservative the second half needs to take the blame on this one... and that is Jimbo .. Even with EJ struggling, this game was winnable...

Oh and :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: @ FSU, who in here was claiming NC?
National Title Pretenders at their finest. :rofl:

UF won't beat us, i'm claiming that...

Last edited:
Block punt on coaches? them sorry *** personal protectors didnt hit the guy. they were there to BLOCK him. he ran right thru 2 guys

FSU doesnt need to blitz. with that front 4. they did blitz tho. delay blitz on the game winning TD :lol:

since when is JWIII your closer? (not being funny, a legit question)

3rd and 2 should have been a run LOL if it gets stopped, you woulda said why wouldnt u give it to our senior QB whos 6;4 230+lbs.

all he had to do was Throw the ball away. he tried to get cute and roll back opposite of the play call.

and this is from someone who can not stand Jimbo Fisher . he was part of the problem when Bobby's teams were crap yet they think he is the solution.
This game was not on him.

Last edited:
UF won't beat us, i'm claiming that...

Also what is the rule on catches??? Is it the same as the NFL?...That 3rd down where they said KB dropped the pass was suspect...looked like he caught the pass...secured, stepped out, and then lost the ball once he hit the ground

I put the blocked punt on the coaches because in my mind, if it happens once, okay blame the players, but if you have a week to fix that problem, then coaches should fix it... just my opinion
I'm a run-first type of fan, so no i truly wouldn't have been mad if we miss the 3rd and 2... i like smash-mouth *Gruden* pound-the-rock *Gruden* football and you gotta miss a few to make the big ones..
i see all your points though
I'm just mad ... thought we might have a shot this year :smh:

and I'm disappointed in EJ

Achilles heel? OL & EJ Manuel
EJ --- I'm sorry but I've never been a huge fan... yes he has had flashes of brilliance , but also gets the deer-in-the-headlights look on his face way too often and will throw a pick in a hurry if he gets rattled ... Alot like Ponder really, just better legs.. Lacks poise if you ask me... Wish EJ had the precision and poise of the #2 Trickett, he would be an absolute monster

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom