2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

this dude pulled a JPZ and waited almost 3 years to bring them quotes back up
roll.gif

I believe you mean 24-0 hole.
And I wonder how much sense calling us bRuins makes now.

Always makes sense little brother, enjoy your victory.

Wow, what a prediction! You're like the CFB version of Miss Cleo.

Couldn't tell you guys anything a couple of weeks ago, when you guys were rolling. The veil has been pulled up and the bride is still ugly. You guys were doing what Notre Dame fans are doing right now. "No one can stop us...", "We are the best team in the country...", "Kansas State doesn't deserve to be number one...", "Bama sucks, look what aTm did to them..."

None if matters now, don't count your chickens before they hatch. Stay classy in defeat Oregon.

this dude pulled a JPZ and waited almost 3 years to bring them quotes back up:rofl:

Honestly thought you were going to pull this move, :lol:

Couldn't tell you guys anything a couple of weeks ago, when you guys were rolling. The veil has been pulled up and the bride is still ugly. You guys were doing what Notre Dame fans are doing right now. "No one can stop us...", "We are the best team in the country...", "Kansas State doesn't deserve to be number one...", "Bama sucks, look what aTm did to them..."

Who said any of this? I sure as **** didn't. I stopped thinking into the future with this team a long time ago. They do the same **** every-single-year.

It also makes me laugh when all of my friends and co-workers act surprised when the Ducks lose. Then again, most of these 'fans' didn't exist ten years ago...

Oh well. Beat the Beavers next weekend and hope for the best.

i dont care about anything. i want A&M vs Texas in the cotton bowl. i'm not trying to travel very far, dallas is perfect

I'm still not even convinced ND wins this week, just happy the program is on very solid footing for the first time in forever.

Always makes sense little brother, enjoy your victory.
None if matters now, don't count your chickens before they hatch. Stay classy in defeat Oregon.
Honestly thought you were going to pull this move, :lol:

who said this???????

Who said any of this? I sure as **** didn't. I stopped thinking into the future with this team a long time ago. They do the same **** every-single-year.
It also makes me laugh when all of my friends and co-workers act surprised when the Ducks lose. Then again, most of these 'fans' didn't exist ten years ago...
Oh well. Beat the Beavers next weekend and hope for the best.

Bro, you need to take a back seat when people slam your fan base. You're a logical fan, so when they say "Oregon fans...." and go off on the fan base it doesn't necessarily pertain to you. When you have a successful program it will be littered with logical fans (minority) and illogical fans (majority and includes the front runner bunch).

*shrug* and think "They ain't talking 'bout me".

who said this???????

Go on twitter, they were partying in South Bend last night.

so why does the big10 want maryland and rugters?

i know the vols have big $$ but who ever helped hire lane and dooley better stay out of it this time

That was a long winded rant. You have something like that to say, you say it to the coaching staff before you quit. Putting that on paper/online gives them ample opportunity to create a rebuttal.

Its being reported that Maryland is expected to attempt to negotiate their buyout down to $20 million. They along with Florida State voted against the $50 million fee.

Last edited:
Eventually Chip Kelly (or whomever supplants him) will have to recruit bigger stronger OL along the lines of what TAMU and OU has had in the past. Able to play @ that fast pace but still able to hold up vs Stout DL's. Maybe grab bags for them instead of WR's at times.

Arik Armstead would have been a good start.

I'm like 3pgs late but there was nothing for Chip Kelly to change. You listen to him talk about their playbook they don't have a large number of running plays. You shut down that IZ or Veer and they're in trouble.

Theres no way FSU would end up in the NCG. In some of the CPU polls they are unranked/outside the top 25. They're like 37 in one of the rankings.

Barring something waaaaaay out of left field (this being college football meant anything can happen) looks like the Domers are headed to the Natty. BK did a hell of a job.

Lets hope Tennessee hires Chad Morris.

Chizik will probably get fired the day after Bama beats Auburn my 567 points I'd guess. I read that they already cancelled the coaches show that usually airs on Monday after the game. Though I suspect that it's because they don't want to review the film of a gruesome murder for all the fans to see.

Taking MOV out of some of these polls was such a silly idea.

Miami still gonna self impose? If so I wonder how they come out on Sat vs Duke knowing they have nothing to play for.

Ole Miss snatched defeat from the jaws of victory vs LSU. Unbelievable.

Latest rumor say Arkansas is gonna land Tom Coughlin or Jim Harbaugh? :nerd: :nerd: it's only right :pimp:

Who the hell is the backup QB for USC? Barks coming back , having a poor season and getting injured :smh:

Pop Saunders out this Sat? Driskell gonna play? FSU got some good work in vs Maryland facing a LB playing QB and a TE playing QB for VT so they should be very well prepared should Driskell play.

Maryland could have a decision on its future as early as Monday morning.

That's when the school's Board of Regents will reportedly be meeting to vote on whether or not the school leave the ACC and accept the Big Ten's invitation according to ESPN. A decision that could go either way at this point.

Under Armour founder and Maryland booster Kevin Plank is reportedly "100 percent" behind Maryland's possible move to the Big Ten. A member of Maryland's Board of Regents told ESPN that Plank "is heavily involved behind the scenes with board members."

Though Plank's support does not mean Maryland's entire board is in agreement on the issue. There are other members of Maryland's Board of Regents who are reportedly not happy that they weren't consulted about this move until this late in the process. The board will meet on Monday morning to vote on whether or not to accept the Big Ten's invitation.

If Maryland does accept the Big Ten's invitation, Rutgers is expected to follow suit and join the Terrapins in the Big Ten, giving the conference 14 members.

The stumbling block for Maryland and the Big Ten could be the $50 million exit fee in the ACC. The school has had to cut some sports recently due to financial woes, and it isn't clear whether or not the school is in a position where it could afford to pay such a sum.

Though considering that Kevin Plank seems to support the idea of the school moving, it's possible he'd be willing to absorb some of the cost.

Reports first surfaced on Saturday that both Maryland and Rutgers were in serious discussions with the Big Ten.

Did Marijuana get legalized in Arkansas?

As far as FSU in the title game, I don't know, that's with a ton of BCS chaos...

1. Notre Dame - losing this upcoming week
2. Bama - Winning out.
3. Georgia- Losing in the SEC title game.
4. Florida- Losing to FSU
5. Oregon - More than likely is out of the Pac 12 title game.
6. KState - Big XII Champ, maybe?

FSU has a big game against UF and the ACC title game. They beat UF, might sway some votes...it's the longest of longshots, but it's still a 12-1 FSU team that beat UF.

The top 10 is cluttered with SEC teams though, :lol:.

That does suck that Barkley came back.

Didn't win the division.

Lost to UCLA.

If he's out the year that's another season in which he won't play in a bowl game.

Feel bad for dude

Its being reported that Maryland is expected to attempt to negotiate their buyout down to $20 million. They along with Florida State voted against the $50 million fee.

ya i dont think anyone has every had to pay the full buyout, its easy to lower it down.
Latest rumor say Arkansas is gonna land Tom Coughlin or Jim Harbaugh?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
it's only right
pimp.gif
roll.gif

Nobody pays the full buyout, it's usually a settlement. Schools/Conferences/Networks arm themselves with lawyers, duke it out in a conference room. I know they want it for the East Coast footprint, but still don't get the move, why not plunder the Big XII for West Virginia? Delaney not being able to land ND, is a major fail IMO.

When supercoferences happen... Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State will all be joining the Pac 12. It's inevitable.

Barkley will play in whatever bowl game we end up in. He's going to be out 3-4 weeks.

Last edited:

ya i dont think anyone has every had to pay the full buyout, its easy to lower it down.

Latest rumor say Arkansas is gonna land Tom Coughlin or Jim Harbaugh? :nerd: :nerd: it's only right :pimp:
:rofl:

I'd love to hear why either coach would consider Arkansas.

Jon Gruden is Definitely feeling out the situation LOL ESPN dropping that tweet. that didnt come from Gruden

Dave Hart has turned the BOT on Jimmy Cheek and the Football program will be given power back that Fulmer had years ago.

Vols will be getting money that they havent been getting in years.

BOT realize the money has to be re funneled into the football program.

Vols are operating at a 1.9M dollar reserve. SEC teams operate at a 50-100M dollar reserve.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom