2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Hmmm indeed

les-nothing-in-there-11-3-12.gif

Does this have any legs Sork? I figured it was all a bluff to get an extension but that is a lot of money on the table. Would LSU match that??

Does this have any legs Sork? I figured it was all a bluff to get an extension but that is a lot of money on the table. Would LSU match that??
Nobody ever mentioned Les in all of these months, not even in a joke. Les and Jeff Long do have a long history, hell Jerry Jones too if you want to throw him in there, but that wasn't a name mentioned period. Targets were Petersen, Gundy, Patterson, Franklin......Kirby Smart

Gus was contacted in the summer, but it was more out of courtesy. Jeff Long is a good AD to work for, as he doesn't bother the coach, Petrino proved that. I take this as a smokescreen and a favor from Long to Lester, but that $$ is definitely there.

Last edited:
Nobody ever mentioned Les in all of these months, not even in a joke. Les and Jeff Long do have a long history, hell Jerry Jones too if you want to throw him in there, but that wasn't a name mentioned period. Targets were Petersen, Gundy, Patterson, Franklin......Kirby Smart
Gus was contacted in the summer, but it was more out of courtesy. Jeff Long is a good AD to work for, as he doesn't bother the coach, Petrino proved that. I take this as a smokescreen and a favor from Long to Lester, but that $$ is definitely there.

If this somehow did happen this would be HUGE. I know Hog fans hate LSU and the Mad Hatter but damn that would be a huge coup! Do you get on Hogville.net? if you know anything about that site it is probably in melt down mode right now :lol:

27 Mil tho.....

LSU gotta up the offer

Im sure he loves where he is at (I would too) BUT if Ark throwing mone around and gonna increase the numbers you never know

If this somehow did happen this would be HUGE. I know Hog fans hate LSU and the Mad Hatter but damn that would be a huge coup! Do you get on Hogville.net? if you know anything about that site it is probably in melt down mode right now :lol:
A Wolverine leading one of my favorite squads? :x

All smoke.

Most Arkansas fans would jump off a cliff in the Ozarks if hired Les after he got a 30% raise. 5.5Mil per is a good step above what he currently makes and as mentioned previously, I know that Jeff Long was given the green to go up to 6Mil per year.

Jeff Long doesn't tell anybody until a couple of hours before he announces it, that includes the foundation and boosters. Board of Trustees haven't gotten a name yet fwiw, which is why I don't buy it. When they get one, it'll be leaked quickly.

Last edited:
for how many months now Ark knew they would be looking for a new HC and this is what they come up with? you have all the time in the world to go through back channels and see who wants the job and who doesnt.

throwing money at Les when he wont go is stupid IMO, its like a cop out move telling your fan base hey see look who threw big money at someone and he said NO(even tho we all know les proably hasnt even talked to anyone at Ark)

That is A LOT of money to leave on the table. How much did Michigan offer him?

The talk from anybody who had a pulse on the hiring process... Nothing... Les left on horrible terms with the Michigan contingent... He was never offered the job when Carr retired... Martin's list went 1. Ferentz 2. Ferents 3. Schiano who accepted the job and then at the 11th hour balked 4 Rich Rod.... The only 2 with offers after the RichRod debacled were Harbaugh and Hoke... People can say that Les said no to Michigan but its common knowledge that he never was offered the job either times... Unfortunately... Thats what happens when you bang a fellow assistants wife.

Cam Clear and 2014 Top 100 DB Nick Harvey to the Ags :pimp:

Clear said Sumlin flew out to Memphis this morning to see Cam's parents then flew out to Arizona to see Cam at school this afternoon...and this is after visiting recruits in DFW on Sunday night and in Houston/Beaumont/Orange area last night. It's so great to have coaches here that actually want to go out and do work on the recruiting trail.

And $5.5MM a year for Les? :x :smokin Like Mike said, that offer seems a little weird given how long Arkansas has known they'd be needing a coach.

Strong rumors that the ACC will add UCONN, Louisville and Cincy next. Butch Jones has been asking recruits "How would you like to play in the ACC?" as well.

"ACCSports reported Tuesday night that the ACC presidents are having a 7 a.m. conference call Wednesday to talk about conference expansion and that Louisville is the clear leader to receive an invitation to join the league. The report says either Louisville will get an invitation or the conference will stand pat."

What a come up for for Cincy and l'ville they could from c-usa to the big east to the acc within a 10 year span

Last edited:
Jon Embree main point was that Afircan american HC dont get a 2nd chance

since 1979 there has been 49 black HC in D1. only 1 has got a 2nd HC job and that was Ty.

out of over 300 D1 jobs its 17 black HC

Stephen A smith bring up a great point on First take this morning

100% of conference commish are white

98% of college presidents are white

88% of college AD's are white

he said leadership is the problem

Queue small violin.

Last edited:
and he wouldnt just fire his HC and hire gruden for the browns with the same offer cause what? we all know that story is BS tho

"ACCSports reported Tuesday night that the ACC presidents are having a 7 a.m. conference call Wednesday to talk about conference expansion and that Louisville is the clear leader to receive an invitation to join the league. The report says either Louisville will get an invitation or the conference will stand pat."
i figured this was the case, UCONN or Louisville make much more sense then cincy

you see most of these schools trying to jump to a big conference before they get left out in the dark. you see rutgers did it.

they ain't getting up that early in the morning to vote no. gotta be Louisville.

best part is what Rick Pitino said when Cuse left, tho. :lol:

I dont think the les Miles offer is fraudulent.

The word is Charlie Strong is interested and called about the tennessee Job.

people think Golden and jimbo Fisher are top candidates

Back
Top Bottom