2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

USC folks..

Eddie Vanderdoes.. i know he's committed to you guys... but is he soft on his verbal commit? Because reports from ND people tonight are that Notre Dame coaches are having an in home visit with him tonight.. and after this he wants to schedule an official visit to ND.. Just wondering how strong he is with his commitment to USC..

He visited with us recently and said he remains committed to USC but that he liked what he saw from UCLA.

Doesn't sound like he's sewn up just yet.

Louisville fans freaking the **** out right now.
laugh.gif
wouldnt worry much if i was them, we saw what happened last time auburn interview a black HC and find out his wife was white

honest questions

schools like ark and auburn knew for weeks/ months they would be looking for a HC, why didnt they go through back channels and find out who would want the job and who would talk to them.

honest questions

schools like ark and auburn knew for weeks/ months they would be looking for a HC, why didnt they go through back channels and find out who would want the job and who would talk to them.
Jeff Long did his research.

Auburn didn't know if they were going to move with that buyout Gene had.

Cal contacts Utah State's Gary Andersen about its football coaching position

By Jeff Faraudo
[email protected]
Posted: 11/28/2012 05:56:15 PM PST
Updated: 11/28/2012 09:39:18 PM PST

Click photo to enlarge

Utah State head coach Gary Andersen celebrates after defeating Idaho in an NCAA... ( Jim Urquhart )
BERKELEY -- Utah State's Gary Andersen has been contacted by Cal about its vacant football coaching position, sources said, but the Bears could face competition for his services.
Andersen, who guided the Aggies to a 10-2 regular-season record and the outright Western Athletic Conference title, also has heard from representatives of Colorado, according to a Denver Post report.
Jeff Tedford, fired Nov. 20 as Cal's coach, does not appear to be among the candidates to replace Jon Embree at Colorado. The Daily Camera of Boulder reported that a source close to Tedford said he is not interested.
Tedford did not respond to an email inquiry from this newspaper about his possible interest in the Colorado position.
Meanwhile, outgoing UC Davis coach Bob Biggs was skeptical that Boise State's Chris Petersen -- a Davis alum -- will be swayed to leave for any other job, including Cal.
The day after former UC Davis coaching legend Jim Sochor suggested that changes at Boise could sway Petersen to look elsewhere, Biggs disagreed.
"Chris is a man of tremendous integrity," said Biggs, who coached Petersen under Sochor in 1985 and '86. "If he says he's not going to do something, which publicly he has said, he is not one to back away from that. That's just not who he is. He doesn't play games."
Petersen is 82-8 in seven seasons at Boise and has turned away advances in recent years by the likes of Penn State, UCLA and
Advertisement

Stanford.
Andersen, 48, is in demand after resurrecting a Utah State program that hadn't enjoyed a winning season since 1996 when he arrived in 2009. The Aggies were 7-6 by 2011 and this season won their first undisputed conference title since capturing the Big West crown in 1979.
Western Kentucky athletic director Todd Stewart told the Louisville Courier-Journal he has not been contacted by any school seeking permission to talk with Hilltoppers coach and former Stanford assistant Willie Taggart, also considered a potential Cal.

Damn I don't really watch college football like that, but I just found out my boy Jonathan Cooper is a 1st team All-American. I wonder how high he's gonna end up getting drafted. Can any Virginia Tech fans tell me how Nick Becton did this year? He's another dude from my hometown that went to my rival high school and I played basketball against.

Chip Kelly will ruin the NFL. The last thing I want to see is another cupcake offense going for it on 4th down every series.

I don't think nowadays college coaches can't do well in the NFL. In college if they lack talent at certain positions, they can go out & recruit whomever especially if the school is big time program. In the NFL, it's obviously not so easy as your hamstrung by the cap & contracts. Also college coaches benefit from playing cup cakes for 3/4 of their schedule in most cases. That said, I don't think Chip Kelly will do well in the pros. If Saban couldn't do it, Kelly definitely can't IMO... He needs to stay his *** in Oregon unless he knows the ncaa is going to drop penalties since I read somewhere their sniffing around...

I don't think nowadays college coaches can't do well in the NFL. In college if they lack talent at certain positions, they can go out & recruit whomever especially if the school is big time program. In the NFL, it's obviously not so easy as your hamstrung by the cap & contracts. Also college coaches benefit from playing cup cakes for 3/4 of their schedule in most cases. That said, I don't think Chip Kelly will do well in the pros. If Saban couldn't do it, Kelly definitely can't IMO... He needs to stay his *** in Oregon unless he knows the ncaa is going to drop penalties since I read somewhere their sniffing around...
If Saban couldn't do it, Harbaugh can't do it.

USC interviewing Tedford for OC? Dan Patrick just said that.

Also said SC is tellin Lane to go after 25 scholly's, they goin back the NCAA for McNair stuff. DP show.....

If Saban couldn't do it, Harbaugh can't do it.

Harbaugh is def an exception...Aside from Saban, you got Steve Spurrier, Dennis Erickson, Butch Davis, Bobby Petrino, etc...Harbaugh is the first one in a long time that's been able to make the jump, but he came into an OK situation personnel wise...The 9ers had some really good players on both sides of the ball when he got to San Fran. He also already ran a pro style offense & D so he was able to run it successfully. I think it also helps that he played for a long time as a decent QB in the league to so he understood the pro game...

What is Alex Collins going to do? Decommitted but still flirting with Miami. Wisky?

Collins was at the Canes bball game with Duke last night? :nerd:

I don't even know who Collins is, nor do I care. :lol: Just keep Duke healthy and on the roster for 3 more years, please.

Back
Top Bottom