2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

I thought I'd read Ray Ray had Clemson as his favorite for a while now, basically just kept it under wraps and was trying to plan his press conference or whatever?  And @dreClark  is right that it's been since Cain committed.

Solid class so far, I'm just happy that we've got a bunch of high quality OL for the 1st time in ever.  There are a couple more bonus-type recruits (DL & OL) that are supposed to commit at some point and apparently there's another "surprise" that'll more than likely happen.  I barely even pay attention anymore in the offseason and don't even read the Rivals recruiting articles but a lot of the talk is hard to ignore.

Wonder what's gonna happen when Chad Morris and/or Brent Venables get hired somewhere else. 
frown.gif

Last edited:
Brent Venables stinks.

Stoops ran him out, and hired his bro! :smokin

Also don't pick us one, come on...FSU gotta be number 1, easy conference and schedule.

Also not sold on Bama this year, they'll lose a few games, not having AJ will hurt. Dude knew how to win football games.

Joe Mixon is filing assault and battery charges against the girl who attacked him Friday.

And what is yall top 10 gms of the year thats a must watch this season? Trying to go to some...
MSU vs. Oregon

Oregon vs. UCLA

Stanford vs. Oregon

OSU vs. MSU

Bama vs. LSU

Auburn vs. Bama

South Carolina vs. Auburn

Auburn vs. UGA

UGA vs. South Carolina

Baylor vs. OU

Brent Venables stinks.
All I care about is what he's done at Clemson and he's drastically improved the defense.  It was a mess under Kevin Steele even with guys like Da'quan Bowers, Jarvis Jenkins, Brandon Thompson, Byron Maxwell, Andre Branch, Marcus Gilchrist, DeAndre McDaniel...all but McDaniel were drafted.

Thinking about headed to Clemson for the Syracuse game. Any recommendations for a visitor?

Thinking about headed to Clemson for the Syracuse game. Any recommendations for a visitor?
Honestly, there's not really that much to do there.  Game days are incredible but I've also only experienced it as a student or alumnus, I've had a few friends and known people who've gone and had a good time but it depends.  I have no idea about the downtown scene anymore, I haven't been back in a few years.  Depending on where you'd fly into, CLT & ATL are both a little under 2 hours away, Greenville has some good restaurants.

What are you looking for?

I'm gonna try to go back this fall.  Will be in Boston for that game.

Honestly, there's not really that much to do there.  Game days are incredible but I've also only experienced it as a student or alumnus, I've had a few friends and known people who've gone and had a good time but it depends.  I have no idea about the downtown scene anymore, I haven't been back in a few years.  Depending on where you'd fly into, CLT & ATL are both a little under 2 hours away, Greenville has some good restaurants.

What are you looking for?

I'm gonna try to go back this fall.  Will be in Boston for that game.
I got family in the Greenville area kinda and moved up there when I was younger for about 3 months it was the most boring quiet place I've ever been we booked it back at the end of summer. Everything closes early up there but the people are very polite

Last edited:
A good place to eat for the most part. Just going to be in town the night I arrive and the 25th.

I usually go to games with my girl. The pain is unbearable not looking at nothing when I know my girl is looking at me to see if I'm looking :rofl:

Sunglasses FTW, but my ol lady don't like football like that so I was in beast mode and left to fend for myself in Tally last year. MIA/UF last year wasn't bad either, just sucks that Sun Life is so far from South Beach.

Last edited:
Sunglasses FTW, but my ol lady don't like football like that so I was in beast mode and left to fend for myself in Tally last year. MIA/UF last year wasn't bad either, just sucks that Sun Life is so far from South Beach.
Sunglasses will definitely be a go this year. And Sun life is closer to broward beaches then it is south beach. Fort Lauderdale beach is only like 15-20 mins away from there.

Back
Top Bottom