2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

:pimp: :pimp: The yambs last year :wow: :wow:
I usually go to games with my girl. The pain is unbearable not looking at nothing when I know my girl is looking at me to see if I'm looking :rofl:

Must be the worst :lol:

sitting in the stands staring at chicks like

laugh.gif
 at even thinking about Cardo's suggestions for something good.  Cardo!  Kidding (not really but sorta) but I only agree in terms of location on Saturday because everyone walks by on 93 right past Mellow Mushroom.  Otherwise, no...Mellow Mushroom isn't the spot.

@Rell826
If you want a nice local restaurant, Calhoun Corners or Pixie & Bill's.  Blue Heron is good too.  Sardi's is a hole in the wall shed looking spot that has good food and it's pretty cheap, good ribs, appetizers & sides, pulled chicken.  Esso Club is a Clemson staple that gets featured on those segments Todd Blackledge does and that ****.  Mac's too but it's 5-10 min outside of Clemson (Pendleton) with nothing around and it's one of those things that just has history and the food isn't great, greasy spoon type place.

For a sandwich, go to THE Pot Belly Deli.  I didn't know this til after I graduated but there's actually a chain called Pot Belly.  COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PLACE.  The one in Clemson isn't a local spot and might've been around a long time before the chain, I don't know.  I went to one of the chain's location in Philly and eh...this is a hometown type spot with their own sandwiches.  Get the St Stephen or the Dagwood.  Don't go on Sunday if you don't wanna wait for a half hour.

http://www.urbanspoon.com/cities/158-greenville/restaurants/948332-pot-belly-deli/menu

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=the+pot+belly+deli+clemson+sc&lrd=lrd

I'm from NY so I'm a pizza snob but Peppino's is the only decent pizza.  Owners were apparently from Jersey and even though Jersey is the worst, they still actually know how to make better pizza than southerners who consider Papa John's to be good. 
sick.gif
  Todaro is decent too.  Don't get pizza though unless it's late at night and you walk by.

If you haven't been down south much and don't have access to southern-based chains, you can check out fast food from Zaxby's, Chick Fil A, etc.  Waffle House is a terrible but great southern staple, actually go there if it's late at night.  Could be a **** show too.  Huddle House is somehow a step down.  There are a bunch of other chains that aren't that common in NY but I haven't been to any of them.  Places like Cookout & BGR, I've heard some people like them but they might also have really basic taste and consider Chili's nice.

I don't know what to suggest in terms of bars at this point, would depend on your age and what you're looking for.  Not sure how it'd be for someone w/o any connections either.  

Best thing about it will be Saturday aside from the final score (sorry).  It's pretty amazing to see a small town completely change and filled with people like that.  Don't be shy, talk to some people and I'd be surprised if a bunch don't invite you to come by their tailgate and eat some good food.  I'd tell you to stop by some friends' tailgates but I don't want to.  One has a couple great spots together that it would be almost impossible for you to miss.

Try to get lower deck tickets even though it'll cost more.  Unless you're in the first 5-10 rows, the upper deck sucks, super steep...I did it once and never again.  The buildup to the team running down the hill is pretty awesome but once again, it's different as an alum.  I hope for your sake it's a night game or at least late afternoon.  If it's a noon game, get out there early.  Like 6am.  That time of year will be perfect for a football game, that's a huge plus.  

Clemson is one of those places that if you're a big college football fan and want to see a lot of venues, it's definitely worth going to.  The tailgating scene is awesome, the white girls are even better and the people are great.  Atmosphere in the stadium is what you expect though obviously it'd be even better for a bigger game.  Everything gets turned up a few notches for the SCar, UGA, FSU type games.

Wait a minute, not once did I suggest anything off that menu[emoji]128564[/emoji], but yea Clemson sucks unless it's Gameday

[emoji]128054[/emoji][emoji]128062[/emoji]

This is a ****** year for QB's in the SEC so if Coker simply doesn't sink the ship then I can't see Saban having a bad year

Hope Coker chokes massively, two years bad for Saban = the end

He has too much physical ability and talent around him to fail imo...I am slightly skeptical about their OL play, but he has 3 NFL RB's an NFL TE, and a multitude of WR's, he'll be ait, although I think Bama fans are expecting too much from him in year one

Back
Top Bottom