2013 New York Mets Season Thread

where are you guys sitting this Friday?

I'm staying in Queens the next few days, thought about just going to the game solo since I hate waiting on people to "confirm" if they can go.

I've gone to a few games solo in the past for the very same reason, people are unreliable. Ima make it to a few games this summer when I'm back in the city and hopefully catch the mets when they come out here to LA.

The game tonight was fun to watch in a bar filled with doyer fans lol

I've gone to a few games solo in the past for the very same reason, people are unreliable. Ima make it to a few games this summer when I'm back in the city and hopefully catch the mets when they come out here to LA.

The game tonight was fun to watch in a bar filled with doyer fans lol

yeah my schedule this summer should be lighter, once I move back to Queens within the next month or so I'm going to as many games as I can.

When I'm back in the city I'm down to set something up for a game and have a few beers at mcfaddens before the game if I can get few heads that are down to go.

Those games in early April I went to were real cold though.

the offense the past few days. :smh:

Defense as well. :smh:

.500 would be an accomplishment. :smh:

Its the Mets, can we expect anything more as fans? Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Mets fan, but its a yearly thing with them. They will have good stretches and most of the time, bad stretches. Hopefully prospects or trades, will make the team better sooner than later. When you are on the bottom, the only way is up, right?

Harvey should be pitching vs the Pirates next weekend in Citi, I recommend catching the game if you can.(I more than likely will)

Last night was beyond annoying to watch, we know it'll be a tough transition year but I hate to see them lose games in that manner. Marlins are awful.

Finally, a thread where I can commiserate with fellow Mets fans. I am happy about Harvey. I am worried that once he really gets going pressure might get to him to keep it up. I hope he doesn't get overworked like Johan and Pedro before him. It might still be a little bit before we get better though.

Really confusing why we are pitching Harvey 110+ every time out...so stupid :smh:

This is what I'm afraid of. I wouldn't say be on the Strasburg spectrum of things, but they have to protect the kid. We are lucky to have him considering how Johan panned out.

Really confusing why we are pitching Harvey 110+ every time out...so stupid :smh:

He isn't a rookie this season and he gets better as the game goes along, at this point the only games worth watching are when he starts :x

Ike, Tejada, Duda.....core players?

It is beneficial for him to pitch in different situations, but I'm sure Terry will be told by the front office to calm it down a little. I've been to Citi Field twice this year, Harvey pitched both times.

Last edited:
Core positonal players aside from Wright/Murph don't exist....rest are trash.

Ike should have been sent down last year, completely needs to retool his swing.

He never was. Platoon players who never show the willingness to adjust over the years are never core players.

AMP, any other player would have been sent down. He doesn't recognize any pitch outside of fastball out of the pitcher's hand. Anything offspeed kills him.

Guy just turned 26 yrs old and had a great rookie season for the team, was injured the following year and put up good numbers in his limited at bats. and went on a tear in the 2nd half last year hitting 30 homeruns. Ike was part of the young core here but hes been regressing and needs to be sent down.

Last edited:
Ike really hasn't shown that he's consistent, ever. He's shown flashes of the ability to be a really solid player but its just painful to watch him at this point and even though the rest of them aren't really doing incredible, he's just hurting the team out there.

I'm really curious to see a comparison of his approach at the plate from the beginning of the season til now and if he's made any obvious adjustments. He's clearly not recognizing pitches and I made a comment to a friend in the first couple weeks about how far away from the plate he's standing and it's been discussed a lot since, doesn't even seem like he's changed that.

I like the guy a lot, I'm clearly no swing expert but it seems on the surface like he's expecting things to change rather than making any obvious changes. I'm sure he's putting extra work in behind the scenes but I wonder if he just believes he'll come around as much as anything because he has experienced (limited) success. Is stubbornness/ego part of the problem?

at this point who knows, and it's not like we have better options if he's sent down.

Season is just a mess, you had expectations for guys like Tejada, Ike etc to just be rocks for the team and not primary concerns, but they are now.

Just need to sytart calling up some guys like Wheelers and D'Arnaud (when healthy) :smh:

Huge hit by Ike with the bases loaded last night... Hopefully he can bounce back now starting with that big play yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom