2013 NY JETS OFF-SEASON THREAD 8-8 ..12 Picks ...

As much as Geno Smith struggles--A lot of it is attributed to out offensive line. They need to protect the kid.

Geno does hold on to the ball way too long though :smh:

I don't see how you back to Sanchez, you already know what you got.

Geno needs to handle the pressure better, but hopefully that comes with reps/experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as Geno Smith struggles--A lot of it is attributed to out offensive line. They need to protect the kid.

Geno does hold on to the ball way too long though
mean.gif
I still want to give it time. If they can't protect him and he starts to look like Sanchez, then what? 

laugh.gif
. Should Mark still be as hated?

I still want to give it time. If they can't protect him and he starts to look like Sanchez, then what? 
:lol: . Should Mark still be as hated?

That could be said for every QB in the league if you can't protect them. 60% of his passes 1 TD, 1 pick, and 1 fumble not bad, TB has a legit defense too. Rookie mistakes are gonna happen, but it looks pretty promising so far if you want to judge from the 1st half of football. Could be MUCH worse.

:lol: . Should Mark still be as hated?

Sanchez wasn't protected so well, but he did make a lot of BAD decisions. He was making the same mistakes you'd see from a 2nd year rookie. I've never seen a starting QB have so much early success in his career and then digress so quickly.

I still think some of the blame goes to management though. We never got Mark a decent RB, receivers to throw the ball to and a competent Offensive Coordinator that complemented Marks strengths as a QB.

Last edited:

laugh.gif
That could be said for every QB in the league if you can't protect them. 60% of his passes 1 TD, 1 pick, and 1 fumble not bad, TB has a legit defense too. Rookie mistakes are gonna happen, but it looks pretty promising so far if you want to judge from the 1st half of football. Could be MUCH worse.
Sanchez looked good for his first two seasons. I'm looking at Geno over a few seasons, not just this one. But understand the point you are making, and that is true. 

laugh.gif
Sanchez wasn't protected so well, but he did make a lot of BAD decisions. He was making the same mistakes you'd see from a 2nd year rookie. I've never seen a starting QB have so much early success in his career and then digress so quickly.

I still think some of the blame goes to management though. We never got Mark a decent RB, receivers to throw the ball to and a competent Offensive Coordinator that complemented Marks strengths as a QB.
This. Notice how he looked good when he had the #1 rushing attack in the league. Then management failed and didn't replace that running game. Left it all on the kid who was a game manager at that point and didn't yet learn to be an NFL QB. Then they just went nuts with the OC's and it fell off a cliff after that. We still have holes to fill too. I'm far from a Sanchez apologist, but people have to see it's not totally on him. His mistakes were magnified due to the situation though.

i see potential with geno ... really do ..

and doug martin is a NOBODY today :wow:

wow

BTW, as tough has it been to watch Milliner--Kyle Wilson has really improved from the last 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom