2013 NY JETS OFF-SEASON THREAD 8-8 ..12 Picks ...

Woooo!!!! What a game. That was a heart attack game once again. Hats off to Geno. He played like a rookie but came up big in certain spots.

Hats off to Kellen Winslow Jr as well.

Folk lookin like ray Allen from deep, get buckets, we lucked out. Geno looked poised at times an flustered most of the time

Really? I thought Geno handled it well, he didn't sulk, he looked cool, calm and collected. Polar opposite of Sanchez.

Geno looked solid for his first ever NFL game. Not expecting him to be great, but if he can just avoid costly turnovers, we'll be ok.

Agreed, people don't realize Sanchez had 52 turnovers in two years....he squandered many games that the defense kept us in. Geno just has to manage the game and make a few plays here and there.

I really hope they abandoned that wildcat garbage though, but that makes too much sense.

Agreed, people don't realize Sanchez had 52 turnovers in two years....he squandered many games that the defense kept us in. Geno just has to manage the game and make a few plays here and there.

I really hope they abandoned that wildcat garbage though, but that makes too much sense.
Funny, that's how Sanchez started out and this is what was said. He was fine, but here we are now. I need to see Geno's progression. Today's game was a positive step, but we need to see more out of him.

Funny, that's how Sanchez started out and this is what was said. He was fine, but here we are now. I need to see Geno's progression. Today's game was a positive step, but we need to see more out of him.

Totally agree, however, I feel Sanchez had a better 'team' around him when he first started out, especially the running game. Geno looked pretty competent today, despite no running game and half of his WR's getting murdered (his fault BTW).

That being said, for the record, I wasn't a fan neither draft pick (Sanchez, Geno)

Totally agree, however, I feel Sanchez had a better 'team' around him when he first started out, especially the running game. Geno looked pretty competent today, despite no running game and half of his WR's getting murdered (his fault BTW).

That being said, for the record, I wasn't a fan neither draft pick (Sanchez, Geno)
Yeah I agree. Not a fan of each pick, but I'm getting more upset with management. Pick an identity and fill the roles. I'm going to be pissed if they take another QB in the next draft. It also sends a bad message to the QB you have and are calling him the future in his ear, then turn around and draft another at that position. It's really confusing but we'll see how this goes.

I'm fine with not entirely abandoning it. Today was NOT a day to use it though. Bucs run D is really good and knew how to stop it. On top of the fact that we kept trying to force it at the wrong times, it really needs to be used sparingly.

Dope win though. Folk is money. Really happy to be going into the Thursday game against the Pats 1-0 and not 0-1. Just wish they themselves lost to the Bills, but you saw a Bills collapse coming just as quick as you saw us blowing it at the end :lol: :smh: .

Last edited:
Vereen, Gronk, and now Amendola out on Thursday?

NEED to take full advantage and walk out with a W.

I agree prefect time to steal one, I'm trying not to get to hyped though. Pats are a "plug and play" team.

Gotta protect Geno, we all know willfat will try an injury him.

be nice to see geno get bizzy up there :smokin

gotta protect him though, you know belicheat's gonna throw the sink at him .....

and here i was predicting geno would start by the 4-5th game

mark sanchez holds that clipboard pretty well though. gotta give him some credit

I really want to see the jets dline get in Cindy Brady face, that's when he makes mistakes and gets frustrated. Milliner is going to get some work that's for sure.

I really want to see the jets dline get in Cindy Brady face, that's when he makes mistakes and gets frustrated. Milliner is going to get some work that's for sure.
rookie vs rookie matchup i guess. Milliner vs Thompkins

If there was ever a time to steal a win in New England this would be the most opportune time.

A 2-0 start wouldn't automatically make this team good or a contender. Hell last years cardinals started 4-0 with a week 2 win in New England and finished 5-11. But a 2-0 start with a huge division win could change the approach and mindset to the season.

It could go from "not expecting much but lets steal a few wins" to "maybe this team is better then expected".

To me at least, this game went from a laugher when the schedule was announced to much more interesting given the patriots injury situation. Thursday can't get here soon enough.

GENO GAWD
Easy Romeo  
laugh.gif

Edelman must be the focus, although he's on my fantasy team 
laugh.gif

At least 20 tourist have came in and bought Geno jerseys this past week at my store (Modell's on 42nd)

At least 20 tourist have came in and bought Geno jerseys this past week at my store (Modell's on 42nd)

U work at the times sq modells? Check your Yankee authentics section. I've seen at least 2 knockoff Yankee authentics in the store. Assuming someone copped a legit authentic and returned the knockoffs but yeah. They've been in there for a minute now.

Back
Top Bottom