2013 NY JETS OFF-SEASON THREAD 8-8 ..12 Picks ...

Sanchez expected to get surgery and be done for the season.

Partially Rex's fault, but really his time here was ending. Sad way to go out though.

Just read it, wow is all I can say.

Makes the geno transition easier ... I guess ...

Sanchez expected to get surgery and be done for the season.

Partially Rex's fault, but really his time here was ending. Sad way to go out though.

Now they're going to waive him for sure. This is now Gino's team, no debating.

mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

Soooooooo, how's Bridgewater or Clowney looking?

Call me crazy, but I have NO faith in Geno b. I could be wrong but idk. I see more of the same type of thing as with Sanchez.

I really want to see the jets dline get in Cindy Brady face, that's when he makes mistakes and gets frustrated. Milliner is going to get some work that's for sure.

if TB could put 5 sacks on Geno that should be your first worry...you better watch out for Chandler Jones looking to put some of that training with his brother to work, especially since Bill loves attacking rookies...unlike Geno, Tom has had a lifetime of dealing with pressure, he's got one of the fastest releases in the NFL

#patsnation

Call me crazy, but I have NO faith in Geno b. I could be wrong but idk. I see more of the same type of thing as with Sanchez.
I don't get how you could say that. Gino is FAR more athletic than Mark, he has a better arm and he's calm under pressure. He has all of those traits AS A ROOKIE! Now, what he doesn't have is legit weapons around him. I think he has a REAL chance to become a good QB in this league but WE must surround him with something.

Shesh it's crazy to think this his how sanchez's career ends as a jet, Sanchez was pretty much gifted those two afc teams hard to be alive the hard knocks team didn't go to the Super Bowl smh thanks for the memories sanchize

Tonight's game is like a gift for us NE Off isn't looking too notch w all their injury's if our D takes advance and the Off takes care I bungs we might be able to squeeze a W out

I don't get how you could say that. Gino is FAR more athletic than Mark, he has a better arm and he's calm under pressure. He has all of those traits AS A ROOKIE! Now, what he doesn't have is legit weapons around him. I think he has a REAL chance to become a good QB in this league but WE must surround him with something.
That last part is the real issue, giving him help. There are still holes to fill that management didn't address at all in the draft and free agency. No WR at ALL? I was screaming during the draft that there was very little offensive help. Even if Geno has those qualities, he doesn't have a run game to take a little pressure off him and no known and dependable commodities at WR to make him feel comfortable. To me, that translates into trouble for any QB. Geno so far doesn't appear to have that out of this world ability to make receivers. Those that have it, you can see it right off the bat (Luck, Manning etc) and that's rare at that. We'll see. I've been watching Geno's attitude and when things are going rough (and they will) he has the potential to not handle it well. That stunt he pulled at the draft might have been a footnote, but it was very important I think. It speaks to his character when things don't go the way he expects it. In my opinion he exposed himself, but it could be just that-a footnote. I'm not going crazy, I just want to see how this pans out long term. I'm not even going to evaluate Geno for this season. I want to give him the same amount of time as Sanchez. Give him 3-4 years and see what he turns into. 

Shesh it's crazy to think this his how sanchez's career ends as a jet, Sanchez was pretty much gifted those two afc teams hard to be alive the hard knocks team didn't go to the Super Bowl smh thanks for the memories sanchize
lol so sad....

Those were the days man. When we all tasted the SB.

I would've like to see him in Marty's offense a lil more, because I think the offense is more suited for his skill set.

But it's Geno's offense now, and I can't wait to see this guy progress.

Tonight is a big statement game not just for the Jets but for Geno.

Shades of the 09 Home opener vs. the Pats. When Rex called every season holder to make noise

Ready :smokin :smokin :smokin

Defense Defense Defense,

Main goal is 3 and out. Keep Brady off the field for as much as possible. Time Management will be key tonight too. Lets just hope the Rook can remain calm in Foxboro. Feeling more and more like a win is possible tonight with the injuries to the NE offense.

J E T S JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!!

It was foul the way it went with Sanchez but I feel his time was up, I'm sure he'll find another job no question. I guess this year is up to Geno, I wish him the best obviously. Not optimistic about tonight but I want to see a good game with no injuries.

Sanchez had plenty of time to prove himself. I honestly think if he didn't make those few throws into triple coverage in every game he'd be a decent quarterback.

It's crazy we couldn't bring any vet revivers back onto our team we at least need to being Braylon back but as long as geno doesn't throw a pick 6 tn we should be able to hold off for the W...I predict we only win by 3 and MO hits Brady hard

It's crazy we couldn't bring any vet revivers back onto our team we at least need to being Braylon back but as long as geno doesn't throw a pick 6 tn we should be able to hold off for the W...I predict we only win by 3 and MO hits Brady hard
To this I say, how much of an impact player has Braylon been? I don't believe in him, yeah he's a big target but only had two really good years since being in the league. We need a HR hitter at WR and management is messing up. Braylon's best year was '07 with 80 catches and 16 TD's. He's had less TD's in the last SIX seasons that he did in '07. He's not the threat people think he is.

Anyone think if the Jets win tonight, they might start looking to trade for a WR? Assuming one was a available.

Really want Holmes to be a factor tonight. Also, if Brady is rattled, we are winning this game.

Anyone think if the Jets win tonight, they might start looking to trade for a WR? Assuming one was a available.
I don't think so. No one worth noting out there and in season trades are rare. Besides, who do we have to give up? NOBODY 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom