2013 NY JETS OFF-SEASON THREAD 8-8 ..12 Picks ...

LEGOOOOOOOOOOOPPPP :smokin

ONE GAME BEHIND FIRST PATRIOTS WE COMIN FO DAT ASSSSS

Hyped!

Like I said before, I'm eating humble pie tonight. I thought Atlanta would beat us up tonight. Just didn't think we matched up offensively, and that Gonzalez would be a real pain in the *** to deal with all night. While he did have his share of catches, we didn't let him score. Didn't let Julio either.

-Geno with a great bounce back game. Looked damn smooth that game-winning drive. Also, that TD to Winslow was perfectly placed. I wanna see him play just as well, and then some, against the Steelers on Sunday.
-My assessment of the Jets D: They have an identity for quarters 1-3, but need to better themselves in the 4th too. I love our D a whole lot, just saying they can truly remain atop the league when they close out games without stress. Apparently we are ranked #1 as of now in fewest yards allowed through 5 games, includes teams who have had their BYE already. Still room for improvement, but already have a solid foundation.
-Mo Wilk is the truth and Nick is the Folking man :pimp:

Great team win tonight. Steelers come to us on Sunday. Won't be easy, but they are vulnerable and we need to score early on them and often.

View media item 607030
Dat Cumberland.

Last edited:
Huge team win, they came to play tonight and came out with a chip on their shoulders knowing damn near no one thought they would win. Very inpressed with how they didn't fold after Atlanta rallied to take the lead.

The atmosphere around the team just seems completely different then last year. Around this time last year they were 3-3 but the team morale just seemed crapy.

They, mainly geno had a crappy game last week but how they rebounded was solid.

That drive for the win, perhaps a turning point in young genos career that he can build off of going forward.

A Pittsburgh team that's having a down year is coming to MetLife Sunday. Hopefully they come ready to play and get to 4-2.

Lastly what a difference a competent offensive coordinator can make.

Was too drunk to post last night, but what a game. Geno bounced back and it took a team effort to get this win. Love watching this D-line play. Steelers game feel like a trap game, they have to kick them while they're down.

amazing win.

I loved what Marty did with Geno last night.

Easy routes, and easy reads.

Utilized the ground game (though, wasn't the greatest), and properly sequenced with an easy play action pass.

Mike Goodson can be a player on 3rd down.

We haven't seen the best of Chris Ivory yet. With a recovered hammy ,he can avg. 5 yrds per.

Mo Wilkerson is a beast. Dude came off CLEAN to apply pressure or to stuff the run plenty of times.

Sheldon Richardson is already a man out there and should be rookie DPOY.

I think Coples is still hurting from that preseason injury. He's not applying pressure like he was doing consistently last season

This game shows that Rex can coach. We've seen it in many games (especially beating the Pats in the playoffs), but this game,

again shows that Rex can damn well coach. If we in fact let him go after the year is done, I think that would be the wrong move.

I know the season is very young, and many things can happen between now and the end of the season, but this was a statement game. I love what Rex said in the press conference. A bit of 'Fat Rex' came out and pointed out the 'experts' that positioned us at 32nd overall.

We need that swagger back.

Antwan Barnes is done for the year, blew out his knee on Monday night. Big loss IMO, he was the only edge rusher we had.

They resigned Ricky Sapp I don't have much faith in Coples getting to the QB. I hope he steps up though, and this would be a perfect opportunity for him.

Antwan Barnes is done for the year, blew out his knee on Monday night. Big loss IMO, he was the only edge rusher we had.

They resigned Ricky Sapp I don't have much faith in Coples getting to the QB. I hope he steps up though, and this would be a perfect opportunity for him.
Coples has talent. 

It's just that he isn't a 3-4 OLB. He's a natural 4-3 end. Plus he's still not 100% from the ankle injury.

Ehh, I never really liked what I saw from Coples last year either, just seems like he lacks a real motor. Hope he proves me wrong though.

Sheldon Richardson on the other hand, kid is special.

I picked up the Jets D in fantasy. That should tell the story, enjoy the upcoming win

No trap :lol:. That D will be feasting on Ben, dude is going to get destroyed....plus Geno should have a good game against the depleted D.

Barnes loss hurts us. He's gotten to the QB 10+ times. So like you guys said, need Coples to come into form.

This Steelers game is no guaranteed win. Granted, their O-Line is probably in worse shape than the Falcons, so our D should play well. Our O needs a repeat of Monday night, and then some. Very glad it's a home game too; always hate when we go into Pitt.

I agree, it's strange and out of left field. This is the first time I can remember even hearing the 'exempt list'.

In other news, contract negotiation are starting up with Wilkerson.

View media item 611147

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom