2013 NY JETS OFF-SEASON THREAD 8-8 ..12 Picks ...

This past weekend, Sam Bradford tore his anterior cruciate ligament and is out for the year. Now, the St. Louis Rams' starting quarterback is none other than Kellen Clemens, the former second round pick of the New York Jets. However, let's be honest for a moment. There is no way the Rams are going full speed ahead with Clemens, who during the preseason against the Green Bay Packers went 2-11 for 27 yards, two interceptions, and a 0.0 quarterback rating.

But there is a solution. The Jets can trade one of their backup quarterbacks (Matt Simms, Brady Quinn, or David Garrard) to the Rams. In addition, they can throw in a late round pick, one of many that they will have in the 2014 NFL Draft, and receive WR Stedman Bailey in return.

I said much about Bailey, even going so far as to proclaim him my favorite receiver in the 2013 NFL Draft. He was Geno Smith's favorite wide receiver at West Virginia University, and the two even played in high school together. Together, the two can create the New York Mountaineers, and give Smith an additional threat at a banged up position. There have been numerous reports that Bailey had an excellent training camp, however the Rams have so many receiving threats (naturally, they have been underutilized by offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer) that it's created a bottleneck.

So while the Rams seem to have no use for Bailey and desperately need a quarterback, a good trade opportunity has arisen. Neither the backup quarterbacks for the Jets nor Bailey for the Rams have done much for either team, yet they are in a position to be of use to the other team, creating a win-win scenario. Throw in a late round pick to sweeten the deal, and John Idzik should be jumping at the opportunity.

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2013/10/21/4862160/the-new-york-jets-should-trade-for-stedman-bailey

Praying this trade can happen!

Not sure how good cribbs is as a WR but on returns it was much needed. So tired of fair catches.

Another rumor going around is we are offering Kyle Wilson and a 3rd rounder for Josh Gordon :nerd: .

View media item 627334
Holmes is practicing, hoping he can go against the Bengals. I still want Kerley getting plenty of looks though. He's earned it and is proving his worth every week.

Still waiting for Hill to 'get it'.

I'm pretty much done with dude, next.

Yea, he's a bum...has the tools but he's just doesn't have it.

We could do a lot worse than a healthy Holmes and Kerley, I think that's ok to ride out till the end of the year. Kyle Wilson also played much better as of late, I like what I've seen of him this year when he isn't losing his head.

I wouldn't get my hopes up with Holmes playing this week. He'll probably be back after the bye. TBH I think Holmes being out has been awesome for Geno, fully expect Holmes to be cut after the season.

Peace!

Yea I would totally do that trade Kyle Wilson never lived up to the hype I thought he was gunna have..my problem w our receiving core is how the hell is Clyde gates still on the team and no Braylon dude has always come up for us.. Td's game could end in a fg our way but. Aj green and dalton are a dangerous combo limit both we stay in and keep the ground and pound up too

Has to be a complete team effort, Geno has to protect the ball and make smart decisions especially in the redzone if we want any chance to pull this game out. Would be nice to win back2back.

Lol were getting DOGGED LIKE TORN APART . we beat the pats yet Andy ******g Dalton tears us a new one. The inconsistency.

Back
Top Bottom