2013 NY JETS OFF-SEASON THREAD 8-8 ..12 Picks ...

Unexpected dub, these are the best...
nthat.gif

good win today, cant front, i didn't expect a W at all ....

shame on me ....

Same here. Definitely ate some humble pie this afternoon.

Man, the D just needs to learn to close out games earlier than the 2min Warning. And the offensive play calling almost lost us the game. Saints were clearly playing to stop the run. At that point, throw the ball to keep the clock running and to possibly have a better chance at picking up the 1st to seal the deal.

Well deserved win though. We went on a run and kept the lead as ours. Held them only 6 I believe the second half.

Much needed BYE week. Get some rest, and come back strong on a easier schedule the rest of the way.

I'd think we need to win 5 to safely get in although 9-7 might do it...nice to know we have two coming up against the Phins who might be a mess by the time that happens. I'd think the one spot is between us, Tennesee and San Diego. San Diego has two with KC and two with Denver left so I don't think they'll do it. I'd prolly lean toward Tennesee at the moment but I'm holding out hope.

I'd think we need to win 5 to safely get in although 9-7 might do it...nice to know we have two coming up against the Phins who might be a mess by the time that happens. I'd think the one spot is between us, Tennesee and San Diego. San Diego has two with KC and two with Denver left so I don't think they'll do it. I'd prolly lean toward Tennesee at the moment but I'm holding out hope.

Titans got the Colts twice and Broncos once left in the season. Jags twice too though smh.

Y'all think we should sign Asomugha on the cheap? I mean, benefits could mean seeing Kerry Washington in the area more. I vote yes.

Y'all think we should sign Asomugha on the cheap? I mean, benefits could mean seeing Kerry Washington in the area more. I vote yes.

Was just about to post this, I feel like why not? Can't get any worse, and Jets corners are dog**** bring him in during the bye.

Maybe Aso can make the switch to safety?

Was just about to post this, I feel like why not? Can't get any worse, and Jets corners are dog**** bring him in during the bye.

Maybe Aso can make the switch to safety?
I'm leery on a switch to safety. He's known for covering and not hitting. Switch someone else over the top. I'd feel better with him and Cro covering the sides. I'd just sign him for the rest of the season, at least he'd get to play. He was third string on the 49ers, I don't think his skills have diminished THAT bad to where he couldn't get on the field. It's low risk and CB is one of the few positions in football where you can just insert people right off the bat and have it work. Still not sure if management will even consider the possibility though.

^ can't disagree, low risk signing. Him using the Jets as leverage a few years back might makes this all moot.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ can't disagree, low risk signing. Him using the Jets as leverage a few years back might makes this all moot.
I think all can be forgiven since Darrelle is gone 
laugh.gif
. That's old news, if he can help, then sign him.

i still got bad memories of how the aso pursuit in 2011 went.   a huge blessing in disguise that he signed with philly that year, but i remember that whole situation pretty well. 

i still got bad memories of how the aso pursuit in 2011 went.   a huge blessing in disguise that he signed with philly that year, but i remember that whole situation pretty well. 

I was pretty bummed Philly signed him instead of us. He was playing phenomenally well back when he was with Oakland.

TBH I don't think he ever wanted to come to the Jets, and just used the Jets as leverage for the contract. I can't blame him though just sucked the Jets missed out on some talent while pursuing him.

Seriously the jets are exceeding my expectation like what I heard on the radio at work..this is a rebuilding yr for the jets no matter what..aso has my vote and bring Braylon back both low risks and could produce cuz out CB are basura

REVIS just stated he would rather be on the 16mil losing bucs w soup nazi as coach as opposed to 12mil rexy.....this is seriously why I hate this guy he's such a piece of work

REVIS just stated he would rather be on the 16mil losing bucs w soup nazi as coach as opposed to 12mil rexy.....this is seriously why I hate this guy he's such a piece of work
He's already there, let him be on that horrible team 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom