2013 NY JETS OFF-SEASON THREAD 8-8 ..12 Picks ...

I like the move, low risk high reward, dawan an Allen have been solid.

Rex will find a way to utilize reed
I hope he can teach Kyle Wilson how to play 
laugh.gif

i think that's the biggest thing…ed teaching the guys you have how to play. smart move imo

I'll reserve judgment, I personally think he's done but if he can mentor Allen that's a plus.

I have no expectations this season it's all about progression and so far it's been good.

“Like a dad, like a brother, man … We wanted Rex as the head coach in Baltimore. We did not want him to leave. It hurt when he left. We knew he was a great coach. There was a reason why that defense was the way it was. I would play anywhere with Rex — in a dark alley, on the street, in high school football, sandlot, anywhere — because he makes it fun. He loves this game. He truly loves this game and there’s a reason why those guys in New York back him the way they do.”

- Ed Reed on Rex Ryan, back in 2011.

He's stuck loyal to Rex :pimp: .

Love the move...he can stink all season but if we manage to make the playoffs, you cant count that he will make a big play or two.

Ed Reed was brought in to be a locker room leader for us.

Watch him have a significant impact on the defense, especially the secondary. This is a GREAT move for us.

Now only if we can find guys who can catch the ball consistently.

I know our secondary has been ripped a lot this year but I really like Antonio Allen for what is like, think he will be a really good safety soon.

Like everyone else is saying..low risk, high reward signing. If anyone can bring the best out of him it'll be Rex.

Even if he doesn't have much left on the field he can be a great mentor to the young DB's (Allen, Milliner, Landry, Wilson).

Last edited:
I know our secondary has been ripped a lot this year but I really like Antonio Allen for what is like, think he will be a really good safety soon.

I think this is the reason for the Reed signing. Allen looks like a hard hitter, if Reed can show him the little things in this system, I think he can be a pro-bowler in a year or 2. The ball hawking skills Reed has can't be taught.

FWIW Reed should've been drafted by the jets years ago....still bitter about that.

With a lot of our weapons on offense coming back , Ed Reed signing , and Geno Smith yeezy gate I expect us to play well this Sunday and finally show some consistency.

Bills are always tough at home, stop the run and make Manuel beat us. Geno has to play smart and protect the ball. Marty has to run that ball down their throats.

Ed Reed was brought in to be a locker room leader for us.

Watch him have a significant impact on the defense, especially the secondary. This is a GREAT move for us.

Now only if we can find guys who can catch the ball consistently.

Other than the part about WRs catching the ball, I pretty much said this verbatim about him on the Texans. Hopefully he works out for y'all with him and Rex linking back together, though personally, even though he said be more motivated, I can't see his body suddenly recouping. If that's the case, there's not much loss as far as salary goes.

Man do I love this move what more can I say but Rex is big on reviving players careers in NY...I'm ready like dipset for sun

Back
Top Bottom