2013 NY JETS OFF-SEASON THREAD 8-8 ..12 Picks ...

I didn't want Decker. He's a product of OC Manning's offense, predicated off having at least 4 options to pass it to. He's not a #1 
mean.gif
. Money wasted...
He had a great year with Orton/Tebow as the QB.

I think he's very a good #2 receiver at best. We need to make a deal and the contract is not bad at all considbering Golden Tate got more and he's a 3rd option at best imo

Very good signing by our Jets. Let them play before we go jumping off a bridge.
eyes.gif

I think it's a good signing. It's not like the buck is gonna stop here, I hear we're looking at James Jones as well. Price was right so why not take him? He's better than Gates or Hill.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Still put up 8 TD's with Tebow throwing at him...

The guy isn't a #1, but he's an upgrade. And at 7 mil per, as opposed to the 10-12 he was asking for...it's a good deal for you guys.

5 years is a pretty steep commitment. The cost though seems fair. Plus, we need a name at WR, whether he's #1 quality or not.

I like the signing, and it'll give someone for Geno to build with. Now look at another FA receiver and draft one early on. An FA CB signing is key as well.

Jets female fan base just skyrocketed
eyes.gif
doubt he'll be there for the full 5 yrs. you know NFL contracts are wash when it comes to length. 

It's a decent contract considering.

This move only helps Geno's development. He's still a number 2 WR in my eyes though...

gotta go in the draft and go for WR first round

I think it's a good signing. It's not like the buck is gonna stop here, I hear we're looking at James Jones as well. Price was right so why not take him? He's better than Gates or Hill.
laugh.gif

James Jones is a descending player. if we do sign him, better be a reasonable contract.

I would prefer not to get him though.

laugh.gif

He's not a bum by any means, but without a QB that he was best with, we won't see that production, but we're not done so we'll see.

James Jones is a descending player. if we do sign him, better be a reasonable contract.

I would prefer not to get him though.
I'm mos def not saying he's the top WR we need but he could add depth. Even though he IS descending, he's still better than Hill and Gates, which we pretty much get nothing from.

I'm mos def not saying he's the top WR we need but he could add depth. Even though he IS descending, he's still better than Hill and Gates, which we pretty much get nothing from.
depth is good... would rather see that money spent elsewhere though, even with our cap space.

would rather see this - Lee, Decker, Kerley lined up. 
nthat.gif

depth: Nelson and Hill. **** Clyde Gates that scrub

Last edited:

What about Miles Austin? Jersey kid and I'm sure he'll take a paycut to prove himself.

Low risk high reward
I could see that. Why not give him a look.

depth is good... would rather see that money spent elsewhere though, even with our cap space.

would rather see this - Lee, Decker, Kerley lined up. 
nthat.gif

depth: Nelson and Hill. **** Clyde Gates that scrub
That's a decent line up.

Clyde Gates slander is always appreciated
I got more in me, but I don't wanna swear when it's Lent lol.

I got over the Revis signing. I'm liking the youth we have in our team.

Having our starting RG not filled up yet kind of scares me. Aboushi?

I got more in me, but I don't wanna swear when it's Lent lol.

I got over the Revis signing. I'm liking the youth we have in our team.

Having our starting RG not filled up yet kind of scares me. Aboushi?
yeah I think going the draft route for a RG is a good way to go. Not sure who to draft since I don't really follow CFB like that.

yeah I think going the draft route for a RG is a good way to go. Not sure who to draft since I don't really follow CFB like that.
Zach Martin, Notre Dame. He'll be available in the 2nd and he's a pretty good lineman.  

Zach Martin, Notre Dame. He'll be available in the 2nd and he's a pretty good lineman.  
I'm trusting Idzik's intelligence. I hope he drafts correctly. It's crucial.

I'll gladly pass on Miles Austin. If anyone has seen somebody's hamstrings distupt there career more than Austin please let me know :lol:

Going back home might be good for Miles. That might be what he needs. What do the Jets have to lose? :lol:

Eric Decker says he did his due diligence on 23-year-old quarterback Geno Smith before agreeing to join the New York Jets.

“I did research; I didn’t go into our meeting today blind,” Decker told the Denver Post. “When you go from a Hall of Fame quarterback, no one else, no matter who it is, can be on the same level.”

Decker said it was obvious that Jets offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg “really believes in this kid” Smith, who drew solid reviews in his rookie year but was also benched twice during a rough three-game stretch.

“When you look at the statistics, yeah, he got off to a slow start, but he was hurt early on and he finished the season strong,” Decker said. “He improved all season long in a tough market. That’s pretty impressive.”

“I’m excited about New York being my new community and starting a new chapter in my life,” Decker told the Denver Post. “On top of all that, my wife’s expecting our baby any second.”

Back
Top Bottom