2013 NY JETS OFF-SEASON THREAD 8-8 ..12 Picks ...

Simms is playing against the 3rd stringers tho right.. so let that be noted. lol.

Let's go JETS!! **** the Giants. :smile:

Last edited:
This was one wild game..I was there and went Sanchez went down the crowd was mixed laughter and cheers when he went down IMHO this may be a blessing in disguise the media saying Rex did this on purpose why the hell would he put our starter w 3rd string o line and expect this not to happen lol

Not a fan of Sanchez but I can't see it as a blessing, if Geno starts the he'll be ruined IMO. Not that I have hight hopes for Geno but he's not ready he really needs to sit the season.

start simms dude looked real confident and looked like he wasnt scared to throw the ball

Rest assured, if Sanchez isn't badly injured, he'll be starting Week 1 and beyond.

It'll take a significant injury and/or HORRID play by him for Geno get the starting nods this season. That's how I've been feeling this past month how things will pan out.

You really can't judge geno off of 1 preseason game though. I would say that if he had a great game also. On the other hand we know what to expect from Sanchez by now.

If Sanchez stinks it up, I think geno gets the start week 3. Unless Sanchez plays good geno needs to start sometime this season to see what they got and see if develops over the season.

At the end of the day he's a second rounder, not a top 10 pick getting paid millions with alot invested in him. His leash and window is much smaller then Sanchez's was. If he sucks and they have a top 10 pick their drafting a qb next season.

"ESPN NFL - Jets QB Mark Sanchez diagnosed with bruised right shoulder joint, league source told Adam Schefter "

Rex is so stupid.

Just like any other rookie geno needs to get used to the game, I still have hope....

"ESPN NFL - Jets release veteran WR Braylon Edwards (re-signed on July 25) to get to 75-man roster limit"

"ESPN NFL - Jets release veteran WR Braylon Edwards (re-signed on July 25) to get to 75-man roster limit"

Sucks because he is such a fan favorite, but the move makes sense. He's guaranteed money that he's not worthy of at the moment due to injuries and his play this pre-season.

Wouldn't be surprised if he is re-re-signed shortly after Week 1 though :lol: .

McKnight was released also.

I like McKnight man

ohwell.gif

Id like to see them grab Josh Cribbs  

Last edited:
Glad I wasn't posting while the game was on. I didn't watch much anyway, I know what this season is going to look like anyway. They cut Braylon and McKnight. I'm glad, They weren't going to do much anyway. I was never a fan of McKnight, I mean he has small flashes but it didn't amount to anything, and of course ultimately he can't hang on to the football. I still want to know what his headache was all about to where he had to take 3 knees before even getting to the practice field. Did he have a concussion or what? I never heard the full story behind all that. 

And Santonio is ************ man. They're going to allow him to be a distraction 
mean.gif

Last edited:
With the crap recievers we have why in the world would be drop Braylon and McKnight was a bum I can't stand that guy had small flashes of greatness but burned out to quickly to stay consistent

With the crap recievers we have why in the world would be drop Braylon and McKnight was a bum I can't stand that guy had small flashes of greatness but burned out to quickly to stay consistent
Braylon isn't a difference maker

Simms starting tomorrow evening with Sanchez and McElroy hurt. Geno is sitting out and the Jets signed former Packer QB Graham Harrell.

Should be interesting to see How Rex handles the Eagle's offense. The Jets tried to re-create it at practice the other day.

I'd like to see harrell get some work, he looked competent in GB. This season is a wash anyway, let's see what he can do.

I'd like to see harrell get some work, he looked competent in GB. This season is a wash anyway, let's see what he can do.
With McElroy injured. he's only here for a small stint. Someone to finish off the game vs. the Eagles

I have been saying this since last seasons debacle with the qb situation, we should try and get Kirk cousins or even colt McCoy this dude deserves another shot

Back
Top Bottom