2013 NY JETS OFF-SEASON THREAD 8-8 ..12 Picks ...

The Dimitri Patterson signing got me intrigued more and more. Reminds me of the Donald Strickland signing we made in 2009.

a low-cost, low-risk signing that didn't garner much attention. However, Strickland played a fine role in Rex's defense in the nickel.
Things started to change vs. the Colts in the AFC champsionship after he left the game due to an injury. Our secondary suddenly couldn't handle the Colts' firepower in the second half.
I think Patterson can fill that same role Strickland did. Only time will tell.

When it comes to the draft however - I wouldn't mind a speedster to compliment Decker's size. Cooks, Beckham Jr. or Lee would be fine with me.

If Ebron drop to the 18th (doubtful), that would be a tough decision to let him slide....

Agreed. This is one of those seasons where I wouldn't mind going TE 1st round, despite it not working out in our favor in the past.. b2b drafts no less :lol: .

Ebron would be a decent addition but with Cumberlan and Pett signed I don't think we'll go TE. Lee's a speedster but that knee of his has me hesitant.

You know what the problem w Jax would be the locker room situation IMO and woody and izdik were totally against the signing but I feel like a receiver in the 1st is a given

Ebron would be a decent addition but with Cumberlan and Pett signed I don't think we'll go TE. Lee's a speedster but that knee of his has me hesitant.
Pett?

You mean Pettigrew?

He didn't sign with us. Other than Cumberland, we have Zach Sudfeld and Reuland.... no one's scared of those targets

Pett?

You mean Pettigrew?

He didn't sign with us. Other than Cumberland, we have Zach Sudfeld and Reuland.... no one's scared of those targets
Yes I did, and THANK GOODNESS he didn't! I thought we closed the deal but I never wanted him on the squad. With that said I think we should still go WR. Cooks would be a real god option there as well if we don't trade down.

I want Ebron or Evans but chances are they don't slide to us...got to hit on one of Lee/Beckham/Cooks/Benjamin. Whichever of the 4 is the most impressive.

I want Ebron or Evans but chances are they don't slide to us...got to hit on one of Lee/Beckham/Cooks/Benjamin. Whichever of the 4 is the most impressive.
Been seeing more Beckham and Cooks tapes. they're really dangerous with the ball. I think out of the 4, Lee seems to be the safer choice...

Good route runner, softer hands. Kinda reminds me of Reggie Wayne. or even a Santonio Holmes. A guy who can kill you on short routes

Keep this man a Jet :wow: :pimp:

Muhammad Wilkerson isn’t keeping his feelings about the Jets close to the vest.

Whatever leverage the Pro Bowl defensive lineman might have had in his ongoing contract talks appeared to go right out the window Thursday when Wilkerson told The Post he had informed the team in January he wants to be “a Jet for life.”

“I told them at the end of the year last year that I want to be a Jet — a Jet for life,” Wilkerson said at a Play 60 appearance at the team’s headquarters. “I’m from the area [Linden, N.J.], I’m a local guy, so I would love to be here and finish my career here.”

Wilkerson also reiterated he will not hold out this summer if the Jets — as expected — pick up the cheaper fifth-year option in his current contract instead of signing him to a more lucrative long-term deal.

Wilkerson told The Post talks about a long-term contract are ongoing between his agent and the Jets, but the slow pace set by general manager John Idzik doesn’t worry him.

“That’s what I have an agent for,” Wilkerson said. “I’m not holding out. My agent is talking with Idzik, and that’s all I can say. I have nothing to do with that. I’m just going to let him take care of that. That’s his job. I’m just here to play ball.

“It is what it is. If [a long-term deal] happens, it happens. I don’t control what goes on upstairs.”

Wilkerson, in fact, praised Idzik and defended him against fan base grumbling about the GM’s relative inactivity in free agency.

“I’m all about all the moves they’ve made here,” Wilkerson said. “We have a great GM here in Idzik, and he’s a man with a plan. We’re going to rally behind him and do what we have to do.”

One of Idzik’s few moves this offseason was the signing of Michael Vick, another move that has Wilkerson smiling.

Wilkerson insisted Vick would help second-year quarterback Geno Smith instead of be a threat to Smith’s development.

“[Vick’s] a veteran leader, and I’m looking forward to him coming in here and helping out the offense as well as the organization,” Wilkerson said. “His résumé speaks for itself in the league. He was with [offensive coordinator] Marty [Mornhinweg] in Philly, so I think that’ll help. He’s used to the system, and I think that he’ll definitely help Geno move forward at this young stage in his career.”

http://nypost.com/2014/04/10/wilkerson-told-gang-i-want-to-be-a-jet-for-life/

Can't let guys like this get away. Lock him up, shame we couldn't make it work with Mevis.

Wilkerson is the anti Revis. They need to take care of him and him locked up long term to set a message that their a well ran organization. He's going about things the total opposite way Revis did.

For as great as Revis was, he was strictly about the money. I can't knock it from an individual perspective but he handled things in an unideal way from holding out his rookie year, to the 2010 holdout, to talks about him potentially holding out in 2012. He got his money with Tampa bay but they cut him after a year, the patriots paid him this year but again only 1 year is a guaranteed. Long term he played himself though. Once his production declines, teams aren't going to want nothing to do with him unless its 100% on their terms.

But back to mo Wilkerson, the jets need to do the right thing with him. I won't fault them for the revis situation but they need to get this one right.

I agree Wilkerson needs to be sewn up asap. 

CJ2K? I'm skeptical, but I'd give him a one year deal.

Aren't the Giants interested as well?

Cimini is a tool so take it for what's its worth

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 7h
Reading b/w the lines of Johnson's comments: Jets didn't show him the money he wants (what a surprise), he will shop around. #nyj

Last edited by a moderator:
Aren't the Giants interested as well?

Cimini is a tool so take it for what's its worth

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 7h
Reading b/w the lines of Johnson's comments: Jets didn't show him the money he wants (what a surprise), he will shop around. #nyj
mean.gif
. I mean, it would be nice to have him, but I'm personally not that crazy about him. In this climate in the league, RB's are replaceable and a new young RB can be found in the draft. Depends on what the OC wants to do with their RB. 

:smh: . I mean, it would be nice to have him, but I'm personally not that crazy about him. In this climate in the league, RB's are replaceable and a new young RB can be found in the draft. Depends on what the OC wants to do with their RB. 

Can't argue with any of this. Now if Marty would just run the ball more, I think Ivory and Johnson would be a good pair, all depends on the oline of course. We'll see.

@AdamSchefter: Former Titans RB Chris Johnson reached agreement with Jets on a two-year deal, per league sources.

Back
Top Bottom