2013 NY JETS OFF-SEASON THREAD 8-8 ..12 Picks ...

1500 yds, book that
smokin.gif

Im wylin right now ...
you are, and I'm coming back to this post in January 
laugh.gif

The best part about the deal is having two completely different guys in the back field. CJ has the speed outside the numbers and Ivory gets the yards inside.

Well, I was wrong. Welcome to the Jets Chris Johnson, its been a minute since the Jets had a guy with home run speed.

Three head attack, Ivory, Johnson, Powell? Jet need to beef up that o-line and get some depth.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love CJ2k but we aren't getting CJ2k...It's another decent back to mix in with the rest of the crew though.

Hoping Aldon Smith gets cut :nerd:

Have a feeling the league will step in on Smith, dude has a alcohol problem. I could see him being suspended.

@jwyattsports: Just got off the phone with Chris Johnson: "I have a fresh start. Now I am going to go out there with a chip on my shoulder." #Jets #Titans

@jwyattsports: "I know a lot of people are doubting me,'' Chris Johnson said. "I want to prove everybody wrong who has doubts in me." #Titans #Jets

@jwyattsports: C.J. on joining the #Jets: "I am very excited about that. It's a team on the rise and I want to make them better. ... I still have it."

I hope CJ2K still has something left in the tank. He's 28, hasn't done anything in a minute and RB's fall of a cliff at 30. I really really hope this pans out. 

@jwyattsports: Just got off the phone with Chris Johnson: "I have a fresh start. Now I am going to go out there with a chip on my shoulder." #Jets #Titans

@jwyattsports: "I know a lot of people are doubting me,'' Chris Johnson said. "I want to prove everybody wrong who has doubts in me." #Titans #Jets

@jwyattsports: C.J. on joining the #Jets: "I am very excited about that. It's a team on the rise and I want to make them better. ... I still have it."

CNYJ2K :pimp: .

I like the potential behind the pairing of him and Ivory.

I love this signing. I can't believe that we managed to get him for 2 years $8 mill. I hope he redeems this year.

Good signing for you guys. Johnson's best season's came when a mobile QB was under center (Vince Young) and he played well in 2012 behind Jake Locker who is also a fairly mobile guy. Johnson once again dropped off in '13 when Locker was out for a significant portion of the season.

So with Mike Vick keeping defenses honest he should be able to have a shot at a bounce-back season. Jets needed a more durable back than Ivory as well, who should still also be utilized in short-yardage situations.

The bad news, the Jets were the 30th worst run-blocking unit in 2013. Johnson is not a guy who is going to create his own holes with physical, hard-nosed running. He's a guy who will mail it in early and often if his line isn't creating space for him to work. If the Jets line continues to regress I fully expect Johnson to place the blame of his lethargic play-making ability on the big guys up front, as he did year in and year out with the Titans.

So in other words, it's all on the line. Johnson isn't going to put himself in harms way and play "hero" football. Just not cut from that cloth. This could very well end up being a disastrous signing for the Jets. There's a reason why he had very little interest in free agency, even though he's supposedly the most talented RB to hit free-agency this off-season.

Curb your expectations Jets fans.

Not throwing shade, just calling it like it is. You're going to look at Chris Johnson's history of shying away from contact and scapegoating his offensive line for his unwillingness to put forth a NFL level effort and not be a bit skeptical?

I mean I get it, the Titans line downright stunk at times. But this guy would not run unless there was a gaping hole being opened for him. And hey, again, the Jets line has regressed badly.

Anyone who watched Chris Johnson knows this. Every single Titans fan on the face of the earth knows this. Every team in the NFL knows this, which again why they didn't beat down his door for his services.

AND, to top it all off, he has a history of lashing out at fans who get upset with his lackadaisical effort. Absolutely berating Titans fans throughout his career. Now he's in NY at the mercy of NY sports fans and media. He clearly doesn't have a mindset that allows him to block all that negativity out.

Just letting you Jets fans know not to expect CJ2K, if it happens, great for you guys. If it doesn't, well you'll know why. I actually like Chris Johnson, I like Mike Vick, hate the Jets but I like entertaining football. If this team can perform up to expectations then hey, great, league is that much more exciting.

Last edited:
Because you posted a lot of nonsense on a team you 'hate'.

nonsense? alright bro. you got it. perfectly valid points but because you can't take it for what it is it's nonsense.

Jets were the 30th rated run blocking unit in the league last year: fact. https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/13/2013-offensive-line-rankings/

Chris Johnson has a history of mailing it in early in games when his line isn't making holes for him. AND he has a history lashing out at fans. http://espn.go.com/blog/tennessee-titans/post/_/id/6316/two-big-questions-for-cj-going-forward

So instead of getting mad at me about it, take it for what it is. Supremely talented guy, no injury history, but also shy about engaging contact and puts forth a lackadaisical effort when his line isn't making his job easy.

Last edited:
Oh it makes sense now. Giants were also interested bro

rumor, but we didn't invite him for a workout. took him a week to get an invite.

supposedly 2 teams were interested but nobody was actually named, so who put the Giants rumor out there? An unspecified source?

nonsense? alright bro. you got it. perfectly valid points but because you can't take it for what it is it's nonsense.

Jets were the 30th rated run blocking unit in the league last year: fact. https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/13/2013-offensive-line-rankings/

Chris Johnson has a history of mailing it in early in games when his line isn't making holes for him. AND he has a history lashing out at fans. http://espn.go.com/blog/tennessee-titans/post/_/id/6316/two-big-questions-for-cj-going-forward

So instead of getting mad at me about it, take it for what it is. Supremely talented guy, no injury history, but also shy about engaging contact and puts forth a lackadaisical effort when his line isn't making his job easy.

Right, things can't change year to year. Nobody 'mad' these dudes have no bearing on my life day to day. But I think it's foolish to post in a thread on a team you hate, and start bringing up last year stats like things are set in stone or things can't improve. Let alone in April.

Why are you posting here? Let me guess a Pats fan?

roll.gif
Nah, Giants fan.

Why ya'll rustled?
This explains a lot. Go worry about Josh Freeman. I understand you calling it like it is, but we didn't ask for your opinion nor did we need it. You have plenty to talk about with your own team. Typical Giants fan who just can't help themselves. I found it to be really disrespectful to just burst in here and start yapping. Granted I'm skeptical myself, but your unwarranted opinion wasn't needed. No one is rustled though man. You could have stated your opinion in the NFL offseason thread. 

Back
Top Bottom