• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
PG: Isaiah Thomas / Kendall Marshall / Jordan Clarkson
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: Carmelo Anthony
PF: Julius Randle / Ryan Kelly
C: Pau Gasol / Robert Sacre

Ladies and gentlemen, Robert Sacre is the absolute best defender on your LA Lakers and it is not even close. :lol:

I get your idea, you stacked up assets at least, I hear you. But, if I may.....

Shoot first PG
Shoot always SG
Shoot always SF
Offensively gifted Rookie PF
Ball needy C

Anyone notice anything? Anything at all? :lol:

Kendall Marshall and Ryan Kelly off the bench, neither are defensive help.

Leaving just Sacre, and MAAAAAAAYBE the rookie PG who might have some skill on the defensive side.

Guys, the NBA has two halves of a court. I know we love points, and offense sells, etc etc, but that team would look like a bunch of drunk James Harden's on defense. :lol: :lol:

If you sign Melo it's to win now.

It's that or Melo, and Pau taking up the rest of the cap space

And your starting lineup is

Marshall - Kobe - Melo - Randle - Pau.

It's a way to circumvent what we have for the next 2 years, to give it a go at winning. Then you go into 2016-17 with Melo, IT & Randle and close to $30mil in cap space because you wouldn't have been able to sign any one significant in 2015-16.

Again, I get the idea, but in 2 years, when Melo is near mid 30's, and little shoot first point guard, and now stunted rookie Randle is 21-22, then what?

There's no defense there, and no one going to take us over the top. Just 2nd round flameouts after 2nd round flameouts.

I suppose if Anthony Davis fell into their laps it would help, but outside that, we're spending just to spend there. They won't win a damn thing. Not even close. And Melo would be a year or two away from rotting like Wade. At over 20 mil a year, which we are currently seeing with Kobe, and trying to get out from under, now we right back under, within 3-4 years? Why? :\

We'd roll out

PG: Isaiah Thomas / Kendall Marshall / Jordan Clarkson
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: Carmelo Anthony
PF: Julius Randle / Ryan Kelly
C: Pau Gasol / Robert Sacre

Get some wing players for minimum and we are in the playoffs.

" Barbecue Chicken Alert ! "

" Barbecue Chicken Alert ! "

Cant have Pau, Sacre and a rookie defending the paint and expect a playoff spot in the WEST.

So apparently there is an unexpected guest in the meeting that just absolutely tipped the scales in our favor ...according to the guys on 710

So apparently there is an unexpected guest in the meeting that just absolutely tipped the scales in our favor ...according to the guys on 710

Jesus?

Adam Morrison with the pitch "See even I could win 2 rings here"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom