2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't this whole thing be easy for Miami? 4 years together. 4 straight finals. 2 chips. Shouldn't all of these dudes be on the same page and do whatever it takes to keep it going?

Its mind boggling to me that they're in this position right now.

I don't see an easy way out this time around for Bron. Wherever he ends up...its going to be tough to get that next chip

Last edited:
Shouldn't this whole thing be easy for Miami? 4 years together. 4 straight finals. 2 chips. Shouldn't all of these dudes be on the same page and do whatever it takes to keep it going?

Going back to the whole discussion of the "super team" thing.. I mean LeBron was depended upon to do a lot. I don't think the Heat were ever a super team outside of the first year they were together and possibly the second year. Other than that LeBron has been amazing and carried that team, masked their shortcomings and elevated them to that level. On paper you would think they should stick together but looking just a little deeper and it's not as easy..

@cavsdan: “. @LullOnSports:Cavs owner Dan Gilbert is currently en route to south Florida.” I am? Sorry folks but enjoying weather in my backyard today

:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

@cavsdan: “. @LullOnSports:Cavs owner Dan Gilbert is currently en route to south Florida.” I am? Sorry folks but enjoying weather in my backyard today

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
@animalthug

wink.gif

Heat president Pat Riley and coach Erik Spoelstra flew to NC to meet with Jazz free agent forward Marvin Williams yesterday, a source told Yahoo.

— Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) July 6, 2014

:rofl: - options are getting slim..
Or maybe Riles has already secured agreements from Pau & Deng and is filling out the rest of the roster :nerd:

You act like its that simple.

Wade knees betraying him yet he still wants to make as much money as possible, Bosh deserves max money, Bron deserves the biggest contract ever for an NBA player, doesn't leave a lot of room for roster moves.

Factor in they all took a paycut to play together in the first place, it doesn't make financial sense to do the same again.

Made 0 financial sense for Wade to opt out or Bosh to and promise to take less so I don't see how that's not trying to make it work.

They would have to take drastic cuts to have got somebody like Lowry/Gortat/Lance. They've played thousands more minutes than any other team since they got together, there really ain't no precedent for this situation.

You act like its that simple.

Wade knees betraying him yet he still wants to make as much money as possible, Bosh deserves max money, Bron deserves the biggest contract ever for an NBA player, doesn't leave a lot of room for roster moves.

Factor in they all took a paycut to play together in the first place, it doesn't make financial sense to do the same again.

Made 0 financial sense for Wade to opt out or Bosh to and promise to take less so I don't see how that's not trying to make it work.

They would have to take drastic cuts to have got somebody like Lowry/Gortat/Lance. They've played thousands more minutes than any other team since they got together, there really ain't no precedent for this situation.
Yep, factor in playing in the east also masks things... they're a great team for any conference but it's clear they need some re-tooling and upgrading.. Riley has a tough task to do that and keep the big 3

But this whole thing was about "winning" from the jump right? Again...why is money even a factor here? It was such a "great story" the first time around for them to take less and play with each other...so whats the problem this time around? 

It's gone from "lets take less and win" to "i want my cake and eat it too". 

Wade opted outta 40 mill after 4 finals trips and 2 rings :x

He must really love Lebae cuz that's crazy right there plain ole crazy :smh:
This is why I'm reading every report with a high degree of pessimism. Wade (and Bosh) would not have opted out just so Arison could pay Lebron and avoid the luxury tax.

And if Wade signs for 4 years, he gotta play all 4 years to get all the money from the contract. If he retires early he only gets a portion of that.

So why not take your 40 mil in the next 2 years & then see if you feel like putting your knee through another 8 month grind?

Unless you, Bron, & Bosh have other ideas :nerd:

But this whole thing was about "winning" from the jump right? Again...why is money even a factor here? It was such a "great story" the first time around for them to take less and play with each other...so whats the problem this time around? 

It's gone from "lets take less and win" to "i want my cake and eat it too". 
That's the point though, if it's the Big 3 and then guys like Marvin Williams and Cole.. is that a winning situation? That's about the best Riley can do... Don't get me wrong that's still a title contending team (they do play in the east) but that means tons of weight on LeBron again and it's not like he doesn't already have a ton of mileage on him

Last edited:
best thing for riley and the heat is to screw over wade. turn that big 3 into 2 and fill out the roster with the extra dough.

I don't see an easy way out this time around for Bron. Wherever he ends up...its going to be tough to get that next chip

They're 4 years older and the league is closing in around them. It's a fallacy to assume they're right back in it for the next 4 years. No chance unless they add a real piece. Which they haven't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom