2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but it was a mutual split. Getting rid of Wade like this especially for Melo is straight up treachery. Peyton still got seasons in him. They'd be basically telling Wade retire or play on some trash team that won't pay you anywhere near the max.

Wade isn't willing to accept he's Paul Pierce status yet.
200702220938.jpg

The nba has more of a loyalty factor when it comes to doing right towards star players who've been with a team longterm them the NFL does for better or worse.

The nba has more of a loyalty factor when it comes to doing right towards star players who've been with a team longterm them the NFL does for better or worse.

Thats one of the things I love about the NBA

I think its like this in the NBA because one player can make a huge difference

Peyton Manning is great but he doesn't make an much of a difference as a Dwyane Wade

In the NBA, I cant think of many superstars being royally screwed at the end of their careers

In the NFL, it always ends unceremoniously, unless you're Elway, Strahan or Gonzalez

Yeah but it was a mutual split. Getting rid of Wade like this especially for Melo is straight up treachery. Peyton still got seasons in him. They'd be basically telling Wade retire or play on some trash team that won't pay you anywhere near the max.

Wade isn't willing to accept he's Paul Pierce status yet.
200702220938.jpg

paulpierece-wheelchair.gif
:rofl:

Wade still won't accept it.

That **** is so crazy to me. I've never played ball so hard or been injured from the waist down so bad I need a wheelchair.

Last edited:

Peyton Manning is great but he doesn't make an much of a difference as a Dwyane Wade

In the NBA, I cant think of many superstars being royally screwed at the end of their careers

In the NFL, it always ends unceremoniously, unless you're Elway, Strahan or Gonzalez
guess Drew Brees didnt make a difference on that saints squad either....

the nfl is the only cuttthroat league because it doesnt guarantee contracts....

you cant think of any nba veteran players being screwed because the majority of them are bought out or more recently have been amnestied but they still get their money...then there are those who are forced to medically retire, but their deals are covered by insurance. 

Last edited:
I got mixed views on it. Both Kobe and the US World Cup soccer coach make good points.

In one sense paying players for what they already did when their past their prime can put a strain on an organization and prevent them from moving forward.

On the other hand, as a player, especially an elite player you want to play on a organization that treats you right and is known for taking care of its players. Your not trying to play for a team that's just going to dump you off like yesterday's news the minute your no longer productive.

I prefer a middle ground between the 2 extremes.

People always complain about how players have no loyalty in the NFL but you can't blame then with the cutthroat way NFL gm's do business when your no longer the player you once were regardless of how many years you played for that respective team.

More non-news, but...

Retweeted by Ramona Shelburne
Jason Strauss ‏@JasonStrauss 1h
Great having @KingJames and @DwyaneWade at @LavoLV for dinner and @MarqueeLV last night for #MarqueeMondays #vegas

:nerd:

Maybe D-Wade isn't getting the boot afterall?

More non-news, but...

Great having @KingJames and @DwyaneWade at @LavoLV for dinner and @MarqueeLV last night for #MarqueeMondays #vegas

No Bosh :nerd:

More non-news, but...

nerd.gif

LeBron presenting Wade the divorce papers over a fancy dinner. Classy move

Bosh is the side chick, that LeBron and Wade are waiting for to leave, do they can invite Melo over

More non-news, but...

Yall dudes read too much in to this.

No matter if somebody ends up not coming back to the Heat, Bosh, Wade, and Bron are still going to be friends. Not being on the same team or a dispute about how to make the team better where one has to go isn't going to change their off the court relationship. They'll still hang out, play ball together, have their families socialize, etc.

It'd take some real bastard **** for there to be a change. Just look at all the other times before this when you see Melo hanging out with Bron or Chris Paul etc.

Last edited:
LeBron should just blow everyones minds and announce that he's going to some random team nobody would have ever thought.  "I'm taking my talents to Utah"

View media item 1033137

guess Drew Brees didnt make a difference on that saints squad either....

the nfl is the only cuttthroat league because it doesnt guarantee contracts....
you cant think of any nba veteran players being screwed because the majority of them are bought out or more recently have been amnestied but they still get their money...then there are those who are forced to medically retire, but their deals are covered by insurance. 

Lets say a year like 2006 when Wade was insane while he led the Heat to the championship

You could not have replaced him with another great perimeter player like Iverson or Allen and won the championship

If you gave me a lesser Pro Bowl quarterback like Tony Romo or Phillip Rivers, I think you could go the Super Bowl too like Peyton

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom