2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess this is the new NBA. They lowered the salary cap and contract length to force summers like this just about every 4 years. It sucks. If you have a good team and want to keep it going (like the Spurs) you have to bank on your stars taking a pay cut, especially if you have 2-3 players considered max players. I guess up and coming players can map out now which teams they want to attempt to play for out the gate. It's crazy but it sucks.

if he leaves the heat after being beaten by the Spurs then yes he no longer is a legend.  He is on pace for being the best player ever but he is ruining it by bouncing team to team when things get a little rough.
Going to the Cavs seems exempt from that narrative.  It can easily be spun as him returning home to a struggling franchise with young, inexperienced talent to try and bring a championship to Cleveland.

I guess this is the new NBA. They lowered the salary cap and contract length to force summers like this just about every 4 years. It sucks. If you have a good team and want to keep it going (like the Spurs) you have to bank on your stars taking a pay cut, especially if you have 2-3 players considered max players. I guess up and coming players can map out now which teams they want to attempt to play for out the gate. It's crazy but it sucks.
Imagine the convos between 14 draft class right now, during Summer League.

Those guys already mapping out the future when their Rookie contracts expire.

Super teams are being created in Orlando and Vegas this weekend

if he leaves the heat after being beaten by the Spurs then yes he no longer is a legend.  He is on pace for being the best player ever but he is ruining it by bouncing team to team when things get a little rough.
Going to the Cavs seems exempt from that narrative.  It can easily be spun as him returning home to a struggling franchise with young, inexperienced talent to try and bring a championship to Cleveland.
 Ex-damn-actly. PREACH mate

I would say it's too early for that but let's say they extend their rookie deals, develop into the next crop of stars and then have those talks, it would suck. They're young enough to do it since no one stays in college now. 

On average, how many pages does this thread move per day? I remember around noon today, this thread was at like 500 pages. :rofl:

i'm saying tho, I thought it moved fast during the playoffs, but this is on another level. I remember last summer it barely moved...

the greatest ever narrative is over. he has the redemption angle. that can be his thing

im still not certain he's leaving though

LeBron is here. Shirtless.
Looks like he's going to play.
LeBron showed up with high school teammates Dru Joyce & Romeo Travis. Has his mouthpiece in like he's going to scrimmage.
He's playing. Just dapped up big time Cleveland area recruit Esa Ahmad, who's on the other team.
LeBron and Esa Ahmad guarding one another. Instant energy in the building. LeBron looks serious, too.
LeBron checks himself out after one monster dunk and one slick up and under. I'd think about giving him the max.
Now LeBron jumped in a different game on a different court. It's almost like he runs the place.

Last edited:

I would say it's too early for that but let's say they extend their rookie deals, develop into the next crop of stars and then have those talks, it would suck. They're young enough to do it since no one stays in college now. 
Yea true.

It's going to happen though, and it's going to suck for all teams not involved. This Draft class is so impressive, so impressive. Stars everywhere from this draft.

Next years Rising Stars game is going to be a must watch. Better than the AllStar game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom