2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty of legends and HOF players have already said they don't respect the Heat. You think losing two times in the Finals, almost a 3rd time this team will be glorified in 10-15 years?

The same NBA legends and HOFs who all played on stacked teams. Let's just nip this whole conversation in the butt before in turns into 5-7 pages of garbage.

That Ray Allen 3 will live forever :lol:

The shot that saved us from being the NBA's Buffalo Bills :smokin :smokin

Even if they do stay, who would they get to improve them? Wade decline is sharp, and they don't have 2-3 year to mesh.

Who's whining about it?

People pointing out the hilariousness in the fact that a good chunk of heat fans offically opted out and became fan free agents isn't whining when its actually alot of truth to it.
Let's not be coy. A large portion of the "pointing out" is done because "true" fans of other teams get off on self-aggrandizing. You don't have to point out someone is fake to prove you're real. Every team has bandwagon fans, and successful teams will have a large amount. The "hilariousness" of it lost its luster a long time ago.

Plenty of legends and HOF players have already said they don't respect the Heat. You think losing two times in the Finals, almost a 3rd time this team will be glorified in 10-15 years?

What HOF players have said they don't respect the Heat?

Older NBA teams weren't stacked, they were deep. Stacked mean your top heavy (great starting 5, but weak bench play). Deep means your well rounded(starting 5 had at most 2 top tier player, but role players were consistent and next man up mentality). Spurs are one of the few deep current NBA teams.

Because Miami sports fans have a reputation for being fairweather and wishy washy.

Seeing marlins games, the dolphins struggle to sell out playoff games, and the heat attendance pre lebron I see some validness in that statement but can't say 100% since I don't live in Miami.
You sure that Dolphins thing is true? Maybe recently but that city loves the Fins more than any other sports team. The Heat popularity was still nowhere close as when Marino was in his prime there. I know a couple people that are still die hard Fins fans. Always thought it was Canes & Fins there then everyone else. Maybe some Miami people can chime in...

Not necessairily.

I'm not big on the fan police and who likes who stuff, but its something corny about a dude who jumps from liking team to team. I won't really call them out on it but I don't take what they have to say sports wise seriously.

I've noticed the team jumping is more acceptable in basketball though compared to other sports. I couldn't see a Red Sox fan all of a sudden become a Yankee fan if David Ortiz joined the Yankees and I couldn't imagine 49er fans liking the cowboys when Deion joined them or eagle fans liking the cowboys after Terrell Owens left them.

For whatever reason the team jumping seems more acceptable among NBA fans though, Kinda curious why that is.

Prediction: Wade is going to opt-out, get a substantial contact. Like 4 yrs-$56 million.
From where? Miami, or a fringe contender looking to make a splash of some sort.
Yes, Miami.
Any other specifics going into this? Team/Player options or anything of the sort?

14 mill a year is only slightly above what hes Worth at this point so I dont want to say theres no chance, but I feel like he could still win out two years from now after raking in that 40 and steal one more two year deal from a bottom feeder team or a fringe playoff team.

I do not believe it for a second that these dudes haven't discussed what they are thinking/planning to do

Because Miami sports fans have a reputation for being fairweather and wishy washy.

Seeing marlins games, the dolphins struggle to sell out playoff games, and the heat attendance pre lebron I see some validness in that statement but can't say 100% since I don't live in Miami.
:lol: the Marlins field a minor league team and your statement makes it seem like the dolphins make the playoffs every year and dontt sell out when they do. They haven't made the playoffs since 08. How do they struggle to sell out playoff games?

You sure that Dolphins thing is true? Maybe recently but that city loves the Fins more than any other sports team. The Heat popularity was still nowhere close as when Marino was in his prime there. I know a couple people that are still die hard Fins fans. Always thought it was Canes & Fins there then everyone else. Maybe some Miami people can chime in...

I remember their last playoff game got blacked out or almost got blacked out. Same with the home games they had around 01 or 02. Hell Ive heard stories about how the stadium doesn't sell out much during the regular season unless their playing the patriots or jets and its their fans taking over the place.

Some cities just have a track record of being bad sports towns. Shouldn't take away from those in the city that actually support the team though.

It was always canes and fins. After the canes moved to sunlife stuff went down hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom