2014 NBA Summer League (Orlando: July 5-11) & (Las Vegas: July 11-21)

Luke Jackson
Ben Gordon
Jordan Farmar
Shane Larkin
OJ Mayo
Cody Zeller
Matt Barnes

^ all had great vertical jumps at the combine. Who is considered an elite athlete from that list? Maybe Cody and he struggles to finish at the rim.
I am not sure if we are saying the same thing but I didn't say that just because they have a high vertical jump, they are automatically elite athletes. I am saying that if they have a high vertical jump that will translate into them being at least a good athlete. I don't agree with the notion that your vertical jump means nothing.

The number doesn't matter because you can watch the games and see how they use that athleticism. Durant tested out as the worst athlete in the draft when he came out.
I agree but Durant has gotten a whole lot more athletic since coming in league so I'm not sure if that was a good example. Also, his improved ball-handling skills has allowed him to showcase his athleticism better.

Hence why people train for the standing vert test. Nobody nowadays is underachieving on the vert test. Fact.
I am not sure what you're trying to get at with this statement but wouldn't it make sense to train for vertical jump which helps you become a better athlete and if it means you might get drafted higher which translate into more $$$

Last edited:
I was one of those :smh: .. blamed it all on Ben Howland not knowing how to use him properly :smh: .. boy was I wrong :smh:

Bazz looked like the second coming in HS, turns out he was just older than everybody. :lol:
:lol: he had alotta ppl fooled...1st time watching him in hs i said the exact same thing, like this dude killin em cuz he got a beard and his bigger/stronger than everybody

I am not sure if we are saying the same thing but I didn't say that just because they have a high vertical jump, they are automatically elite athletes. I am saying that if they have a high vertical jump that will translate into them being at least a good athlete. I don't agree with the notion that your vertical jump means nothing.
I agree but Durant has gotten a whole lot more athletic since coming in league so I'm not sure if that was a good example. Also, his improved ball-handling skills has allowed him to showcase his athleticism better.
I am not sure what you're trying to get at with this statement but wouldn't it make sense to train for vertical jump which helps you become a better athlete and if it means you might get drafted higher which translate into more $$$

It means that it's not as credible as you think it should be. I'd rather gauge someones athleticism in game situations not during a standing vert that they've had time to prepare for.

At the end of the day, Blake's in game athleticism >>>>> J. Randle's in game athleticism and it's not even close.

Am I one of the few that would like to see the Cavs trade Wiggins to the TWolves so that I can see a Lavine + Wiggins backcourt?

That needs to happen asap.

I watched yesterday and his shot selection was the worst ive seen in the whole SL...dumb jacking.

the way he was playing it was noway I can see him cracking that rotation with consistent mins

Am I one of the few that would like to see the Cavs trade Wiggins to the TWolves so that I can see a Lavine + Wiggins backcourt?

That needs to happen asap.

Would rather see him with Kyrie/Bron but can't say I wouldn't watch every Wolves game if that happened.

Back
Top Bottom