2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it keeps the smaller market teams from ******** about revenue, then so be it.

Last edited:
If it keeps the smaller market teams from ******** about revenue, then so be it.

Agreed, but I don't think it will do that and could potentially make the *****ing worse. Since the bigger market, more popular team are probably going to get more lucrative uniform marketing deals.

It's expected to bring in around $100 million per season, whereas the league brings in around 7 billion per year. Seems pretty silly to have them in the grand scheme of things.

It's expected to bring in around $100 million per season, whereas the league brings in around 7 billion per year. Seems pretty silly to have them in the grand scheme of things.

And it's starting right around the new, richer TV deals are kicking in, so the owners' pockets are already getting fatter just by virtue of that. This jersey ad move really does look a bit greedy.

does it really matter if there are ads? we sit through commercials, see ads on the court, there's a nike/adidas/etc on shoes and jerseys that they are already wearing
i'm all for everyone getting as much as they can. what is the downside to ads on jerseys?

Last edited:
Ads won't eem be noticed when you're watching the game.. only time you'll see them is during slo mo highlights

Oh, so we're treating Phil's championships as if they were in the 1920s now?

And also treating them like they were just individual titles in single seasons? We're not going to act like he created dynasties?

Dude went to BACK-TO-BACK-TO-BACK Finals... FOOOOUUURRRR TIIIIMES, with the last run ending in 2010, just 6 years ago.

But his system is dated and won't work.

laugh.gif

The triangle needs players and coaches who can effectively run it. He hasn't had either in NYK.

And also treating them like they were just individual titles in single seasons? We're not going to act like he created dynasties?

Dude went to BACK-TO-BACK-TO-BACK Finals... FOOOOUUURRRR TIIIIMES, with the last run ending in 2010, just 6 years ago.

:lol:

The triangle needs players and coaches who can effectively run it. He hasn't had either in NYK.

So then why do you keep trying to run it?

:nerd:

Fair question.

And obviously I'm not Phil, but my thinking would be that this is a winning system, so we stick with it even if it doesn't produce immediate results.

If we have this system in place and it slowly starts to grow with the team as the team itself improves and the coaching staff improves, season by season will see better results.

But if we go one step at a time and put in a non-triangle system right now while we work on the roster and coaches, then start implementing the triangle when we have the pieces to make it effective... yikes. That's way too many steps. It doesn't have to be one at a time.

laugh.gif

someone really asked when the last the time a team running the triangle won a chip.  
laugh.gif

Defense has changed a lot even in the last 6 years.

The triangle counts a lot on the midrange jumper in an era where the offense is stretching more and more to the three point line. Maybe it is dated.

Won't say it's dated but Phil def ain't gon be able to do that with the Knicks unless they get better players n get rid of Melo

Won't say it's dated but Phil def ain't gon be able to do that with the Knicks unless they get better players n get rid of Melo

Yes, because Lance Thomas & Derrick Williams could run the triangle much better than Melo.

I kind of get what he's, but in point of fact, sports are here 100% for our entertainment. Why else would people pay to attend games and watch it on TV.? LOL?

I think there was some underlying sarcasm there to point out that 'it def is entertainment, but we only get that entertainment of its underlined with profits for the owners. So they go hand in hand, can't have 1 without the other, deal with it' type of attitude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom