2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
some coaching news...

Rockets:

After a meeting with ownership and the front office on Monday, Houston Rockets interim coach J.B. Bickerstaff has informed team officials that he’s no longer a candidate for the head-coaching job, league sources told The Vertical.

The Rockets are beginning to line up candidates in what promises to be a wide-ranging coaching search, league sources told The Vertical.

Houston owner Les Alexander and general manager Daryl Morey met with Bickerstaff on Monday, as well as Los Angeles Clippers assistant coach Sam Cassell and Houston assistant Chris Finch, league sources said.

Other NBA teams have started reaching out to Bickerstaff about lead assistant coaching positions, and that’s where he’s transitioned his focus, league sources said.

Former Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy remains prominent on the organization’s list of candidates, league sources said.

Conversations with potential candidates are expected to include several prominent college coaches, sources said.

Among the NBA candidates with whom the Rockets are working to set up interviews are former Phoenix Suns coach Jeff Hornacek and Charlotte Hornets assistant Stephen Silas, league sources said. There could be 10-15 – perhaps even more – candidates interviewed in the process, league sources said.

Pacers:

Coach Frank Vogel’s contract has expired now that the Pacers’ season has ended, league sources said, and president Larry Bird has left many around the league, including Vogel, with the belief that a coaching change could be coming soon.

Bird has scheduled his season-ending news conference for Thursday at 11 a.m. ET in Indianapolis, but so far hasn’t engaged Vogel in discussions about the coach’s future with the team, league sources said. Bird told Gregg Doyel of the Indianapolis Star that he owed Vogel a decision soon while there were other head-coaching jobs available for him to pursue. Bird also said he needed to discuss Vogel’s future with owner Herb Simon.

Lakers:

New head coach Luke Walton is starting to construct his coaching staff, and the most prominent on his short list of candidates is Brian Shaw, league sources said.

Shaw was a longtime assistant under Phil Jackson, and most recently the head coach of the Denver Nuggets. Lakers executive vice president Jim Buss resisted Shaw as a head-coaching candidate before the hiring of Byron Scott, and many in the league doubt his enthusiasm over having another Jackson loyalist re-joining the coaching staff.

http://yhoo.it/24siWLr

Last edited:
$320,000,000 over 1300 games, man how much is that per game?

Cho4rWvUUAAAHTc.jpg:large

I'd argue the Heat did Chalmers a favor.

what about waiving mike miller?
Mike Miller's my dude, but he was expensive and breaking down.

how's that loyalty then bruh? if you repeating champs, you don't waive a player due to financial reasons and don't make an additional move to help the team out. the next year mike went out to play 82 games.

after that, there were rumors about them waiving haslem because of the same reasons. riley and the heat might put a front on like they loyal but dem **** aint loyal b
Waiving Haslem? Now I know you have no idea what you're talking about

Vogel gone... don't know how I feel about it just yet but I do know the players weren't exactly to fond of his schemes but respected him as their coach. I was tired of seeing PG get the ball in the post instead of pick and roll opportunities and watching Monta be reckless 
sick.gif

View media item 2020544
John wall couldn't wait for that Adidas contract to end...

anyways, this explains why he was in Cleveland

Washington Wizards guard John Wall had surgery to remove cacium deposits on his left knee, the team announced Thursday.

Wall will begin rehab and be ready for the 2016-17 season.

“I am determined to lead this team back to the playoffs and getting healthy is the best way for me to accomplish that,” said Wall. “I can promise the fans, my teammates and the organization that I will be focused on that goal throughout the summer and it will drive me to do everything I can to be ready for next season."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom