2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most money to spend in free agency, top 3 backcourt in the league, young core and good coach...
:D Beat the Warriors more than any other team this season...

The issue is that there is no guarantee they'll get a big time player in free agency. Loads of other teams have great talent as well.

It's going to be tough for portland moving forward because both of their best players are 6'2, making them very easy to defend come playoff time. 

I love dame and CJ, but if Dame is your best offensive scoring option, I don't know that doesn't top out as a first round and out for years to come, and that's if everything goes well for them in the regular season.

They've had a great season, but a lot of luck and fools gold may alter the true progression of their team and outlook on their team moving forward. 

I don't see how people don't realize how much they overachieved this season

Wtf the squad got no coach now ?? :smh: ....just go get Vogel or my guy Jacque back :lol: :pimp:

N I like Tobias but he had to go , just wasn't a fit for him with the rest of the team ...now the mistake was trading him for nothing basically

Last edited:
Josh Robbins  ‏@JoshuaBRobbins   52m52 minutes ago

There was certainly a disconnect between Scott Skiles & GM Rob Hennigan. A few disagreements on personnel & on the mindset of the team.

Hennigan and the front office backed (and still back) Elfrid Payton as the PG of the future. Skiles did not. But that's just 1 issue.
Certainly not a good look for Orlando. There's also talk that Hennigan never even wanted to hire Skiles and that the ownership overruled him.

The Tobias trade isn't the worst from the standpoint that it opened up room for Aaron Gordon to improve and play as well as giving them more cap space for free agency.. I'm not a fan of Tobias in the first place, but the bigger problem isn't the return they got for him, but that they lost out on a young prospect in a potential trade. Orlando needed to package some of their younger guys on a bigger player, they just don't have a star on the team. Hennigan and the rebuild Magic have certainly had their ups and downs, but all of this would have been a lot smoother if they didn't miss out on all the big draft prospects.. 

When you look back at all the bad play and you see you ended up with Aaron Gordon, Mario, Payton, Oladipo you say it's not bad, but nowhere near worth it. I particularly don't like the Payton/Oladipo pairing.. I just never saw it working. And I'm still bummed they passed on Nerlens.

Last edited:
CiQ_QxBVAAAzZaI.jpg:large

Lmao the Magic traded Tobias Harris on a good contract for two of Skiles old players on expiring contracts and he resigns three months later.
laugh.gif

Bad teams stay bad for a reason.
Damn. 

And Scott was never a fan of Tobias to begin with and now they're both gone. Crazy times.

I don't see how people don't realize how much they overachieved this season
I just think a lot of things went their way in the regular season and in the playoffs.

They had a great season though, blew everybody including my expectations out of the water. 

But there's a serious cap on how good a Dame and CJ led team can be IMO. Size matters and undersized scoring guards are normally not the best players on 50 win teams.

Josh Robbins ‏@JoshuaBRobbins 
 52m52 minutes ago

There was certainly a disconnect between Scott Skiles ">Hennigan and the front office backed (and still back) Elfrid Payton as the PG of the future. Skiles did not. But that's just 1 issue.

Certainly not a good look for Orlando. There's also talk that Hennigan never even wanted to hire Skiles and that the ownership overruled him.

The Tobias trade isn't the worst from the standpoint that it opened up room for Aaron Gordon to improve and play as well as giving them more cap space for free agency.. I'm not a fan of Tobias in the first place, but the bigger problem isn't the return they got for him, but that they lost out on a young prospect in a potential trade. Orlando needed to package some of their younger guys on a bigger player, they just don't have a star on the team. Hennigan and the rebuild Magic have certainly had their ups and downs, but all of this would have been a lot smoother if they didn't miss out on all the big draft prospects.. 

When you look back at all the bad play and you see you ended up with Aaron Gordon, Mario, Payton, Oladipo you say it's not bad, but nowhere near worth it. I particularly don't like the Payton/Oladipo pairing.. I just never saw it working. And I'm still bummed they passed on Nerlens.
How I feel bout everything going on if but now [emoji]128175[/emoji] ...been saying Payton just ain't a full time starter right now n u def can't pair him with Vic ...front office made some head scratching free agent signings n had bad luck in the lottery ...also confused about the coaches they got but I'll give the GM on more season before I want him out too and a new plan for the team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom