2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than Dwight being corny...what reason is there to "hate him"? Y'all was loving that ****** when he was even more corny in Orlando...being the leading vote getter and sht. I feel like NBA fans bandwagon hating and liking a player. Shaq, Barkely and Kobe/Lakers fans are the main ones that drove the "Dwight Hate". Partially his doing...but them other guys played a huge part.

Again, this ***** just went to the WCF...averaging 16/14 in the playoffs...and he gets no respect.

Last edited:
Other than Dwight being corny...what reason is there to "hate him"? Y'all was loving that ****** when he was even more corny in Orlando...being the leading vote getter and sht. I feel like NBA fans bandwagon hating and liking a player. Shaq, Barkely and Kobe/Lakers fans are the main ones that drove the "Dwight Hate". Partially his doing...but them other guys played a huge part.

Again, this ***** just went to the WCF...averaging 16/14 in the playoffs...and he gets no respect.
Its because the guy could have been the next Shaq but never worked on his game enough to take it to the next level.

Dwight post Orlando always been a weird type of player to me. He puts up numbers and ended up in the conf finals (thanks to an epic choke) however when I watch him play I don't see the special player his accolades suggest

Very weird. I can't think of another player like him. He doesn't put up "empty stats" but it's something about him. I don't really even know how to rank him

His back definitely changed his game

Last edited:
Its because the guy could have been the next Shaq but never worked on his game enough to take it to the next level.

That's the most causal fan statement I've ever heard :lol:.

Other than playing in Orlando & La...and being Physical specimens at their position....they aren't similar players at all.

Dwight at his peak was a 23/14 guy...with elite defense. He just didn't have the innate, naturally fluidity and touch that a Shaq has. That's like expecting Bron to shoot like KD because they play the same position.

Stop listening to these TNT guys man.

he smiles to much at inappropriate times. Type of dude you tell him your mom just died and he'll start giggling.

He wasn't ever going to be shaq. Not the same kind of athlete (not saying Dwight isn't athletic) nor did ever have the touch around the basket shaq had. I appreciate him for who he is.

But he does some HAS a lot. He's been picking up the same cheap fouls for years. He cut the mo hawk off, so I don't have a problem with that part of him anymore

Last edited:
That's the most causal fan statement I've ever heard
laugh.gif

Other than playing in Orlando & La...and being Physical specimens at their position....they aren't similar players at all.

Dwight at his peak was a 23/14 guy...with elite defense. He just didn't have the innate, naturally fluidity and touch that a Shaq has. That's like expecting Bron to shoot like KD because they play the same position.

Stop listening to these TNT guys man.
lol you can't work on a jumper or a hook shot?  Didn't realize that things don't get better with practice.  Dwight has had the same 2 moves his entire career and it is because he doesn't put in the work to get better.

Dwight post Orlando always been a weird type of player to me. He puts up numbers and ended up in the conf finals (thanks to an epic choke) however when I watch him play I don't see the special player his accolades suggest

Very weird. I can't think of another player like him. He doesn't put up "empty stats" but it's something about him. I don't really even know how to rank him

His back definitely changed his game

word? I thought that Orlando Dwight was pretty goddamn dominant and special IMO. Easily top 5 player in terms of production, impact on the game, talent, etc. He commanded a double on will, protected the paint, and ran the floor.

Last edited:
lol you can't work on a jumper or a hook shot?  Didn't realize that things don't get better with practice.  Dwight has had the same 2 moves his entire career and it is because he doesn't put in the work to get better.

So by your logic...Shaq should've put in the work to get better on defense right? What does that say about him? Shaq was an even better bigger and athlete than Dwight...and he was a horrible P&R defender...and average overall.

Dwight just never had the offensive instincts and touch of Shaq (a top 10 player of all time)....and Shaq never had the defensive instincts of Dwight (one of the best defenders ever).

All the moves in the world don't matter when you can't feel your fingertips

:rofl:

Dwight is a cancer low key. Every team he goes to has chemistry issues by the time he's done running thru all the graduating HS seniors in the city limits. I don't think it's just happenstance

Last edited:
Have y'all ever seen Dwight shoot a jumper? He looks as bad as Asik :lol: he just doesn't have that frame nor technique to do it. It is weird that his 3 point shooting form is better than his free throw form though

So by your logic...Shaq should've put in the work to get better on defense right? What does that say about him? Shaq was an even better bigger and athlete than Dwight...and he was a horrible P&R defender...and average overall.

Dwight just never had the offensive instincts and touch of Shaq (a top 10 player of all time)....and Shaq never had the defensive instincts of Dwight (one of the best defenders ever).
I'm definitely not saying Shaq was without flaws.  Shaq was lazy as well and could have had a much longer career.  All I'm saying is the dude entered the NBA with 2 moves and he is going to leave the NBA with 2 moves.

Last edited:
I'm just glad when Dwight got traded the magic were smart enough to get Vucci mane instead of Bynum :pimp: ...appreciate Dwight for that

Think he will try to go to the hawks if horford leaves

I'm definitely not saying Shaq was without flaws.  Shaq was lazy as well and could have had a much longer career.  All I'm saying is the dude entered the NBA with 2 moves and he is going to leave the NBA with 2 moves.

I agree. He NEVER improved his offensive game. If his team needed a crucial basket, they weren't thinking, "let's throw it down to Dwight and have him go to work."

I think everyone just thought he was going to be something he wasn't. Everyone was expecting him to come in and struggle offensively in the beginning but by now for sure, we all that he'd have SOME type of offensive game. I just never seen any progession in his game. Dwight was more of an athletic freak and as he gets older, once those natural gifts are gone, he has no real skill to do much else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom