2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
any possible dark horse, Cinderella stories this year?
Bruski,

Way too too early to tell.  With rumors about potential trades and many more months ahead no one really looks like a dark horse.  It's not like anyone's peaking on a convincing level.

But if I had to pick a team just for the sake, I would pick the Hornets.  

Really don't see it. OKC is not deep enough, Clips just have issues. Mavs too old and Rockets too volatile. And no team in the East is as good as the Cavs. May be a Cinderella in terms of a team that gets to the conference finals, bu that's as far as its going to go.

i feel like there are teams that can beat cleveland though. wont be easy by any stretch, but a team like detroit could surprise the **** outta them. maybe even a chicago if they can potentially find some chemistry at the right time. this isnt even really a post to call bron washed, but to say the othr cats havent really shown that same moxie and hunger and ability to stay healthy one needs to reach the finals again.

Provided everyone is healthy, the Cavs should get through the Eastern playoffs without problem. There's no real threat to them in the conference.

i feel like there are teams that can beat cleveland though. wont be easy by any stretch, but a team like detroit could surprise the **** outta them. maybe even a chicago if they can potentially find some chemistry at the right time. this isnt even really a post to call bron washed, but to say the othr cats havent really shown that same moxie and hunger and ability to stay healthy one needs to reach the finals again.

Thing is, Cavs got to the finals last year and weren't even fully healthy. And got there pretty easily. No teams in the East have really gotten better - except maybe the Cavs with the MoWill signing. No reason for me to think the results won't be the same again.

Not surprised by the 2 rookies and Byron's attempt to act like a communist on that team.
Verbiage perfect

Lakers ought to be ashamed for letting this kind of play be. Worse than Phila all things considered.

Jeanie needs to be fired too. Get her hot thot *** out of a position of Power. 

My man, they said the same thing last season and the Cavs cake-walked to the Finals. Unless Lebby goes down to injury, they're getting there again.

Thing is, Cavs got to the finals last year and weren't even fully healthy. And got there pretty easily. No teams in the East have really gotten better - except maybe the Cavs with the MoWill signing. No reason for me to think the results won't be the same again.

but isnt that the hot take..that the east is better now? and the teams have grown and developed? or just not enough in terms of LBJ?

I feel like Indiana, too,  could beat the Cavs if the cards fell right.

When they are hot and gelling(in game), they are damn nice.  

When PG13 goes nuclear, he's the best player in the NBA, but it comes in spurts and he seems greedy with showing it

Last edited:
My man, they said the same thing last season and the Cavs cake-walked to the Finals. Unless Lebby goes down to injury, they're getting there again.
It's different sometimes.  Not everyone has the same mental capacity.  Honestly, we really don't know because there hasn't been any consistent factor.  What we are seeing is the low-key disagreement between Lebron and Blatt.  The whole, 'how many minutes' should we have Lebron play is still a topic of discussion.  What I'm trynna say is, these 2 guys are STILL NOT on the same page.  Throw Kyrie in the mix and you have a new element to the team.  For better or for worst, we do not know, but it's not like the Cavs corrected the issues we saw last season.  That tells me they have not progressed internally.  

but isnt that the hot take..that the east is better now? and the teams have grown and developed? or just not enough in terms of LBJ?

The East hasn't really gotten better. The West has just gotten worse.

Verbiage perfect

Lakers ought to be ashamed for letting this kind of play be. Worse than Phila all things considered.

Jeanie needs to be fired too. Get her hot thot *** out of a position of Power. 
She's of kin and probably runs the team better than the brother?  To me Jim is like Irsay of the Colts.  For what it's worth he seems like the typical 'son' who inherited a great deal with out ever gaining, 'earning', and working for respect.  

I am okay w/ Byron being a communist or a dictator, but he's been wishy washy with his Kobe agenda.  I can still see how guys like Randle and De Angelo are still cry babies who have dumb pride attached to them.  In the wake of the farce and circus, I still think Huber and Nancy are great bench players who respect and work hard.  I would put them next to Bass who is heavily under utilized, as well as Hibbert.  What I'm trynna say is that those 2 hyped up draft picks just don't get it.

It would be different if they actually deferred and put down their pride and just let Byron run things.  

Can't stand these arrogant rookies.

And it especially shows in the first few months of a season when the schedules are loaded with inter-conference games. You can always tell by January 1st which conference is better.

I think the East has gotten better tbh.

The Pistons, Magic, Knicks, & Hornets are all fighting for a playoff spot right now & the Pacers are looking like one of the best teams in the league.

When you say Cinderella stories, or dark horses, to what extent are you referring to? 

Dark horses to make the playoffs? Finals?

I think the east has some potential teams that could provide some great storylines moving forward, although Lebron and co. appear to be the frontrunners to get out the east. Miami, Charlotte, Detroit, a lot of capable teams out east that could provide some great, compelling storylines.

The west this year as currently presented, no drama at all. Warriors / Spurs WCF and then the real season will begin. Western conference already cemented lowkey 
laugh.gif

I feel like the West just hasn't been settled yet. Houston and LAC are clearly in flux and underachieving, while Dallas is overachieving, and I really don't know what to think of Memphis.

Quoted and Corrected by a-friend
  Hot Route- Honestly, we really don't know because there hasn't been any consistent factor.  

a-friend- Honestly, we really do know about how they won last year without "consistency"

Hot Route- What we are seeing is the low-key disagreement between Lebron and Blatt.  

a-friend- Last year that was the media's take and it did exist even within their take, this year, it's not even an issue, except as a Hot Take right now

Hot Route- The whole, 'how many minutes' should we have Lebron play is still a topic of discussion.

a-friend- But it isn't a topic and it isn't a concern

Hot Route- What I'm trynna say is, these 2 guys are STILL NOT on the same page.  

a-friend- What I see is, two guys who are definitely on the same page, and learning their place. Lebron is G, Blatt is Coach, and they respect that of one another.

Hot Route- Throw Kyrie in the mix and you have a new element to the team.  For better or for worst, we do not know, but it's not like the Cavs corrected the issues we saw last season.  That tells me they have not progressed internally.  

a-friend- Throw Kyrie in the mix and you have a potential Champion, that's all

Last edited:
Disagree, the east has absolutely gotten better. Teams like NYK are better. Teams like Miami are healthy. Charlotte is better after making some roster upgrades. Detroit is legit better. Both are true. The west has gotten worse, while the east has gotten much better.

I feel like the West just hasn't been settled yet. Houston and LAC are clearly in flux and underachieving, while Dallas is overachieving, and I really don't know what to think of Memphis.

memphis is in limbo. not good enough to achieve anything, not bad enough for the struggle to be worth it.

how do i re-enable the "new post" notification at the bottom. before it would be live feed, but recently its not there and i had to manually refress page.

I'm not a believer in Indiana and it has a lot to do with their offensive output. I don't think it's sustainable. Paul George is bound to have a steep regression from an efficiency standpoint, and it's already lowkey happening. He's not a real knockdown guy when it comes to shooting. Shooting 27% from deep over his last 6. Also depend heavily on offense from CJ Miles, who is seeing some regression from 3 as well. Take away the one game against Toronto and he's been ice cold as of late as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom