2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

Jordan's only 26? geez he's still young. I like Jordan, just not sure about max money. then again, when the cap goes up and contracts become ridiculously, Jordan could be at a "discount." Put it this way, I won't be upset if we sign DJ, but I do want to save some powder for 2016.

we gave close to the max to tyson and that didnt make us a lot better. dont see the difference in picking up jordan. he would be a great pickup for 10 million or less though

The best center available who I believe is very realistic and can be had for the right price is Robin Lopez.

robin lopez is a pretty good defender and rebounder too. im sure we could sign him for less than 10mil, but i honestly dont think hes good enough to be our starter. i mean hes good, but idk if he can be relied on for 30mpg.

i was never a big fan of tyson and he was already 30 (i think) when we signed him. he lacked athleticism and hes no where near as good of a rebounder as DJ. i just want good young talent if we're giving someone the max. someone that can still grow here and not just grow old. we already have melo whos 30 and we gave him the max. no more max players over 30 or close please.

yeah i know what you mean JRS, and i feel the same way about draymond leaving the warriors, but we can dream right? we're knicks fans after all. all we got is dreams bc our reality is never as bright :lol: :smh: :\

for sure. gotta pursue these guys either way and see what happens. can probably say the same about jimmy buckets. if we don't get our main targets, i just hope we're diligent enough to not blow our load and not be able to participate in the 2016 sweepstakes. if you can't get your first or second choice, just give out a bunch of 1 year deals and try to be an 8th seed.

idk why jimmy would leave the bulls.  deandre would be useless offensively without some playmakers and im not trying to watch free throw shooting contests.  ive also enjoyed watching shump and jr make phil look like a ****** this postseason

now to be positive im cool with mudiay, Russell or winslow.  kinda trust winslow the most tbh

Shump and JR were never gunna do anything for us. Woulda been nice if we at least got a 2nd round pick or something for them though.

Last edited:
we kept the only sg that can't defend and u gotta have somewhat of a core, instead were here dreaming up farfetched fantasy team scenarios.  we always impatiently trade away guys that aren't being used correctly.  I mean look at all the former knicks flourishing this playoffs.  Pablo I miss but im not mad at.  phil did the same thing this franchise always does and he didn't even get anything back this time.  having either jr or shump would have made this team much more attractive for a free agent than hardaway jr

idiots still dont understand that no one was going to take Jr off our hands....JR was a cancer here, people laughed at the thought of taking him. Phil did a great job unloading those two idiots.

im tired of hearing former knick players flourishing in the playoffs... yes there are a lot of ex knicks ariza, jr, shump, pablo and dlee playing in the playoffs and are contributing a lot but the same cant be said about their time with the knicks... sometimes a change of scenery is good for those ex knicks and besides that their role is not as big as when they were knicks.... JR was a second option on this team you know the knicks arent getting far in the regular season/post season with that plan...

jr wasn't a cancer he was just a knucklehead on a poorly coached, disorganized team.  recipe for disaster.  our team was at their best when he was and hes proven to be very valuable to good teams and unless we don't plan on being good I don't understand y we just let him go for nothing along with shump who u can say the same for.  what has hardaway proven?

idiots still dont understand that no one was going to take Jr off our hands....JR was a cancer here, people laughed at the thought of taking him. Phil did a great job unloading those two idiots.

This. JR was caught high at Dyckman and poppin bottles on many occasions. Shump just didn't pan out. I was rootin' for him

Last edited:
knicks need to look into trading the pick for cp3. 
c
View media item 1525734

jr wasn't a cancer he was just a knucklehead on a poorly coached, disorganized team. recipe for disaster. our team was at their best when he was and hes proven to be very valuable to good teams and unless we don't plan on being good I don't understand y we just let him go for nothing along with shump who u can say the same for. what has hardaway proven?
JR is a bum. he is who he is. same guy that punched jae crowder and was suspended for 2 games in the playoffs. if he wasn't playing with the best player in the world he'd be contributing his usual garbage.

Last edited:
JR is a bum. he is who he is. same guy that punched jae crowder and was suspended for 2 games in the playoffs. if he wasn't playing with the best player in the world he'd be contributing his usual garbage.
yea he is who he is.  a player that made 8 threes in a playoff game and single handedly broke the game open

noah is already 30 though and he seems to be declining. im not saying give DJ the max, but around the same contract he has now would be nice. apparently him and CP had a "falling out", so that may influence his decision in free agency. also, i think hes an UFA.

the only players i would be more than happy throwing the max at are jimmy butler, draymond green, and alrdridge. all the other marquee FAs are over 30 (ie marc gasol).

Sign Noah on a 1-2 year deal. Him coming back home will give him that spark we all know he has. **** no to giving the max to Jordan.

View media item 1525734

yea he is who he is.  a player that made 8 threes in a playoff game and single handedly broke the game open
he's a volume shooter. it's not sustainable in the long run. if he wasn't playing with lebron and kyrie he'd be worthless. go ahead and cape for a dude that's a liability mentally that could've cost his team a chance to advance with those 2 games he missed with his suspension. I'm glad this bum is long gone. he's not a winner.

Last edited:
Remember JR played well for us in the playoffs until he got suspended. hes a streaky shooter who u cant rely on. he was my favorite sg here but it was smart to get rid of him to clear the cap. just wish we got more in return for him n not peanuts. and shump was trash just completely useless

Back
Top Bottom