2016 Academy Awards/Oscars - Nominees Announced Today - February 28th

If you're a fan of Hardy then watch Bronson. 
pimp.gif
 Movie.

Although glad, I'm really surprised that Leo won.
In all fairness I did not finish The Revenant and the only other movie I saw was Steve Jobs but, Fassbender's Jobs was amazing.

Warrior was so under appreciated.

Glad Leo finally won. Blood Diamond remains my favourite movie ever

Im glad Leo won. Deserved it more for previous movies but now people can finally stop talking about "will he ever win an oscar" or "the academy hates him"
Im sure he's glad as well having that monkey come off his back finally

Also happy for Ex Machina winning best visual effects.

Last edited:
The painting is based on a photo from National Geographic and was painted by Nick Pileggi's mother I believe, the guy who wrote the book GoodFellas was based on:

According to Scorsese, the scene was almost entirely improvised:

"Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out. Gentlemen, as of this moment, I am that second mouse."

Deep should've been nominated for Brasco, that's it.

As said, just doesn't pick the best movies. He was good in Black Mass which turned out not to be one of the better movies. That's become a trend when he does do movies you expect something from him or the film.

What makes Leo so great is that he's a good actor obviously but he also picks amazing movies to star in.

Johnny Depp has become a caricature of himself doing all those silly roles. His role in Black Mass was a step in the right direction but the movie overall wasn't that special imo.

Last edited:
Depp plays the gangster role well. Donnie Brasco, Blow, Black Mass. All good performances

I hate this Charlie and the chocolate factory characters he be playing

Depp plays the gangster role well. Donnie Brasco, Blow, Black Mass. All good performances

I hate this Charlie and the chocolate factory characters he be playing
I agree. I think he's a great actor but those silly roles don't do him justice.

Black Mass was a good performance. Hopefully he continues that trend and moves away from the Willy Wonka-esque roles.

Last edited:
He did do something weird and different for Public Enemies though. Expected more from a collab with Depp and Bale.

I just checked and he's going to be adapting a few independent comic book in to movies.

Rex Mundi seems interesting. Could be From Hell but better with a dash of Da Vinci Code.

Last edited:
Wanna see which ex-good actor joins Neeson, Denzel, Keanu, and Sean Penn making those comeback from retirement action movies. Money's on depp

Tom Hardy will have an Oscar one day for sure. One of his best performances was "The Take". It's a 4 part mini series. Check it out if you haven't already. 
wink.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom