2016 Academy Awards/Oscars - Nominees Announced Today - February 28th

johnny depp is the anti leo

VERY talented actor, TERRIBLE taste in movies to act in 
At this point, I think he just doesn't feel like he has much to prove.

I mean, the man was in Tusk and played Donald Trump in a Funny or Die hour long film. I feel like he just really enjoys acting and picks these really obscure roles because they're fun for him.

Great actor. Still was in some of my favorite movies ever.

Some entertainment magazine guy was on the today show saying they should've gave the award to stallone. Not even acknowledging Rylance or his performance. Rylance should've appeared out of nowhere and slapped the hell out of that fool for the disrespect.

The Aviator was Leo's best performance.
Agree with this. I need to rewatch. Last time I saw it was in the movies.

I've seen this movie 4-5 times. It blows me away every time. One of my favorites. I think I heard there was like a 7 hour version or some **** by Marty. Something crazy like that, obviously it was never going to be released but I would definitely watch it. Wish they would release it.

If you're a fan of Hardy then watch Bronson. :pimp:  Movie.

Bronson was ok.
Warrior was great, so was Lawless (the fight scene with the brass knuckles wow). He was funny in RocknRolla.

Locke was a boring movie. The entire film is him sitting in his car, driving and talking on the speakerphone.

I think Hardy and Leo work well together.

Also happy for Ex Machina winning best visual effects.
ex machine was the best movie of the year to me..

and it was a shame Oscar Isaac didn't get more recognition for his performance.. I mean subtle things dude was doing from the jump to mess with ole boy's head (like messing up the quote and flat out ignoring him when dude tried to correct him) 

also something that got mentioned in a bill simmons podcast I was listening to after the Oscars which made a very good point:

if you swap matt damon and leo in the martian and the revenant, how different is each movie and is it every nearly as good with the other guy in those roles?

I personally agree with what was said, I cant see leo in the martian.. but I can see damon in the revenant

Last edited:
Kind of surprised he didnt get nominated for anything after the year he had.

Hardy and him are probably next up in terms of being the next "big name" leading men imo,both are such great actors :pimp:.

Last edited:
Yeah, Oscar and Hardy are my favorite actors right now. Them playing villains is always lit.

Oscar Isaac not getting nominated for Ex Machina was wild disrespectful :smh:

That disco scene was easily the best scene of 2015.

It's ok though, my Guatemalan cousin bout to take Hollywood by storm :smokin

Oscar's character in Ex Machina was my favorite villain last year. Probably a better villain than what they give him to work with as apocalypse.

Leo, Oscar, Hardy & Fassbender my favorites doing it right now.

Cosign :lol:,all near the top of their game. Fassbender might become the next Leo at this rate though,he's had nothing but great performances and no hardware for them just yet.

Last edited:
also something that got mentioned in a bill simmons podcast I was listening to after the Oscars which made a very good point:

if you swap matt damon and leo in the martian and the revenant, how different is each movie and is it every nearly as good with the other guy in those roles?

I personally agree with what was said, I cant see leo in the martian.. but I can see damon in the revenant

so what about redmayne? could damon or leo do his role??

Fassbender might become the next Leo at this rate though,he's had nothing but great performances and no hardware for it just yet.

i was thinking this last night too

Last edited:
Redman is gonna be one of the greats.

Especially as he gets older.

He coulda taken that last nite

Redmayne is definitely worthy of all the praise he gets. I didn't like The Danish Girl but his acting in that movie was superb.

What's everyone's favorite Leonardo DiCaprio film?

I'm going with Inception

Catch me if you can by far, I wish he would do another Spielberg film. Film hits me from a personal aspect as well.

The Aviator comes close, but along with a stellar performance I think it was more of Scorsese's eye for the camera and the period that made me love that film. He actually filmed the decades of the film to correspond with the way the color of film looked at that time, that's Genius level to me

The Departed was great because it was a great ensemble piece for him

Gangs was great but acting wise DDL just blew me away

Last edited:
"Legend" and "Locke" are two of my favorite Hardy films. Those are comedies, laugh through the entire movie. I think Hardy is a terrible actor but I really enjoy his movies. The guy reminds me of Mark Wahlberg, their accents are awful. Makes it impossible to believe it but I like those clowns.

Oscar's character in Ex Machina was my favorite villain last year. Probably a better villain than what they give him to work with as apocalypse.
dude literally starts working on ole boy from the very first introduction:

"Caleb. I’m going to put this out there so it’s said...  You’re freaked out."

CALEB: "... I am?"

"Yeah. You’re freaked out by the house, and the mountains, because it’s all so super-cool. And you’re freaked out by me. To be meeting me. In this room, having this conversation, at this moment. Right? And I get that. The moment you’re having... But dude, can we get it behind us? Can we just be two guys? Nathan and Caleb. Not the whole employer employee thing."

'

dude literally starts working on ole boy from the very first introduction:

"Caleb. I’m going to put this out there so it’s said...  You’re freaked out."

CALEB: "... I am?"

"Yeah. You’re freaked out by the house, and the mountains, because it’s all so super-cool. And you’re freaked out by me. To be meeting me. In this room, having this conversation, at this moment. Right? And I get that. The moment you’re having... But dude, can we get it behind us? Can we just be two guys? Nathan and Caleb. Not the whole employer employee thing."
You know what, I did think all the fast talking was weird, but I didn't catch this angle when I watched it. I need to watch it again tonight.

Last edited:
literally.. watch for how many times dude just messes with dude..

ignoring what he said.. changing what he said.. flat out insulting or belittling him.. like constant little jabs

like the dancing scene, caleb went to approach him about him tearing up the picture (which was another mind game).. and dude turns around and blows him off in SPECTACULIAR fashion

the only time when we probably see the 'real' Nathan is when he reacts after caleb tells him what he did.. when crap is literally hitting the fan and 2 secs earlier he was just gloating about how he played him through his access to info

Back
Top Bottom