2016 Academy Awards/Oscars - Nominees Announced Today - February 28th

I can't see the vid at work, what's he gist of it? Why is dude throwing shade at SS?
Cuz he's a gay dude that won an Oscar for writing Milk, I think. He also tells Sam to stop hollering at his fiance.

Messed up simply cuz I remember that dude from the show, just forgot him. I had only seen it said by Sam Smith, missed his acceptance speech.
Lets be real here, a good % of hollywood is homosexual. Stop trying to act like youre a pioneer Sam Smith.

"Welp... no jokes there. :D Not getting ME in trouble." -Chris Rock

That statement right there shows A LOT

Except Chris said after Sam Smith's performance "my favorite song is Father Figure"
His jokes weren't landing last night. A lot of ppl missed that or didn't hear all of it.

I'm wondering if Chris knew Sam wasn't the first openly gay guy to win an Oscar and that's what he wasn't going to make a joke about :lol:
Chris Rock killed it last night. Everything he said was funny and needed to be said. Shouldve scrapped the Stacy Dash joke tho. No one at the Oscars had a clue who she was so they didnt get the joke. It was just the wrong place for it. That joke woulda worked at the BET awards. Oscars? Nah.
They wouldn't have let her *** in at the BET awards.

FTR, I can see Leo in The Martian. Maybe Damon's under appreciated but I'm not seeing any sort of acting clinic going on in that movie. Maybe it's the writing. I've seen Matt at the top of his game, The Martian was not that.

you have to have tom hanks kind of feel to pull of a movie like the martian.. I just don't think it works with a more serious actor/actress

as was pointed out, you have to like that guy and want to bring him back home.. he has to connect with you

I guess with leo they don't play up the humor as much and focus more of the situation at hand
True. Thing is I know Leo can do that if required.

Now he's not touching Hanks in that regard and maybe not even Damon but he has his version of it which I think would work for the movie.

Lets be real here, a good % of hollywood is homosexual. Stop trying to act like youre a pioneer Sam Smith.

"Welp... no jokes there.
happy.gif
Not getting ME in trouble." -Chris Rock

That statement right there shows A LOT

Except Chris said after Sam Smith's performance "my favorite song is Father Figure"
but that song is hella gay, so I don't think that was a jab a Sam being gay

probably just saying he looks like George Michael now

Last edited:
I thought I heard sam smith say in his speech that he heard Sir Ian McKellan say that bit of info about no openly gay person winning an oscar before. Some gay guy on espn2 was heated about it.

he should have just accepted that undeserved award and kept it pushing or at least do your own research if you're going to try and make a statement

SS tried to do too much with that speech. Dude was acting like he won Best Actor. He won the music award, it's not that prestigious bro.

Late to the discussion, but I can't see Matt Damon taking on Leo's Revenant role at all :lol: maybe I'm in the minority with that but I just can't picture it.

Writing's On The Wall.mp3 is fire, but that live rendition sucked.

Last edited:
Late to the discussion, but I can't see Matt Damon taking on Leo's Revenant role at all :lol: maybe I'm in the minority with that but I just can't picture it.

I can't see it either.

Only other actors I could see taking Leo's role in Revenant are DDL (the god of acting) and Christian Bale.

Last edited:
I can't see it either.

Only other actors I could see taking Leo's role in Revenant are DDL (the god of acting) and Christian Bale.

Yooo Bale woulda killed it. I think he was suppose to play Glass actually when it was in early early development

I also never heard the song. Weeknd's song was everywhere. I can't believe he didn't win.

furious 7 song was literally everywhere and that didn't even get nominated

Yeah, that song or Weeknd should have won. Those are two songs that were everywhere. Not a fan of either but those were undeniable. I'm kind of tight now that neither of those won.

I can see Leo playing The Martian. Think he would do a great job. Not sure if I can see Matt Damon playing The Rev.

The Aviator was Leo's best performance.
Agree with this. I need to rewatch. Last time I saw it was in the movies.

I've seen this movie 4-5 times. It blows me away every time. One of my favorites. I think I heard there was like a 7 hour version or some **** by Marty. Something crazy like that, obviously it was never going to be released but I would definitely watch it. Wish they would release it.

literally.. watch for how many times dude just messes with dude..

ignoring what he said.. changing what he said.. flat out insulting or belittling him.. like constant little jabs

like the dancing scene, caleb went to approach him about him tearing up the picture (which was another mind game).. and dude turns around and blows him off in SPECTACULIAR fashion

the only time when we probably see the 'real' Nathan is when he reacts after caleb tells him what he did.. when crap is literally hitting the fan and 2 secs earlier he was just gloating about how he played him through his access to info
Rewatching now. I'm 10 minutes in and this movie is almost a new experience knowing all of Nathan's motivations. From the moment they Nathan and Caleb meet Nathan is controlling everything.

Caleb has literally no say in anything. It's not even a back and forth conversation.:lol:

Side note: Alicia Vikander.:pimp:

Last edited:
Bale and Brolin both got that rugged quality to them. They both definitely grow better beards than that struggle one leo was growing.

Last edited:
literally.. watch for how many times dude just messes with dude..

ignoring what he said.. changing what he said.. flat out insulting or belittling him.. like constant little jabs

like the dancing scene, caleb went to approach him about him tearing up the picture (which was another mind game).. and dude turns around and blows him off in SPECTACULIAR fashion

the only time when we probably see the 'real' Nathan is when he reacts after caleb tells him what he did.. when crap is literally hitting the fan and 2 secs earlier he was just gloating about how he played him through his access to info
Rewatching now. I'm 10 minutes in and this movie is almost a new experience knowing all of Nathan's motivations. From the moment they Nathan and Caleb meet Nathan is controlling everything.

Caleb has literally no say in anything. It's not even a back and forth conversation.:lol:

Side note: Alicia Vikander.:pimp:

Go through the script and read some of the back and forths and how screwed they are
http://a24awards.com/film/exMachina/exMachina_script.pdf?ref_=ac_ac_ac_acd_scr_i_2

Like this:
View media item 1932914

I thought I heard sam smith say in his speech that he heard Sir Ian McKellan say that bit of info about no openly gay person winning an oscar before. Some gay guy on espn2 was heated about it.
Sir Ian said no openly gay ACTOR has won an Oscar. Sam Smith thought he meant any gay person has never won an Oscar.

SS shouldve just apologized and said it was a misunderstanding. He kept digging his own hole though :lol:

Yea he got outbearded as well as outacted by Hardy :lol:

Who else could've played the role Fassbender played in Shame?

McConaughey?

Who else could've played the role Fassbender played in Shame?

Day Lewis

He's the default answer :lol:

I don't even want to know what kind of method acting ddl would've done for a role like that. McConaughey would've been interesting. The real test would be if george clooney publicly praised their meat at an awards show.

Back
Top Bottom