2016 Jordan IV OG White/Cement Legit Check

Hi All,

First of all, thanks so much for doing this!

I was a huge sneakerhead in high school.  It's been over ten years but I had to come out of the woodwork for these!

I purchased these off of eBay from kicks-and-stuff

I watched several reviews on YouTube, everything looks good.

However this one here concerned me because of two things:

1) Production date range: Video's size 10  reads 09/09/15 - 11/10/15.  My tag reads 09/09/15 - 12/04/15.  I'm speculating that different sizes may have different date ranges.

2) Foot beds: The video shows only one small cut on the top corner of the foot beds and indicated three or none are usually fakes. My pair does have three.

My amateur eye tells me that they are real, but I would really love some peace of mind!  

Also, the smell!  When the sneaker market was starting to get saturated I remember the smell of the sneakers were a stronger plastic/synthetic smell coming out of the box.  These do smell of plastics.  Definitely not neutral, so thought I'd throw that out there as well.  Thanks again!

Last edited:
Your pair looks good, don't see anything that looks sus...They Legit.

Take pic of dots behind tabs to be 100.

After taking another look, these are Fakes. If u look at the production tag the sizes are off also with the pics u sent me thru pm of the dots are also off.

Hi joe, thanks a lot. This is very concerning. What should the sizings be on the production tag? Photos of the tab are below as well.

Can someone else please help give a second opinion? Will have to look to getting a refund if it is in fact fake.

Right tab of left shoe (same as right tab of right)
View media item 1921505
Left tab of left shoe (same as left tab of right)
View media item 1921504

Last edited:
If they are fake they are amazing in my opinion.. You should be able to tell by the feeling of the shoe more than we can tell by the look. You can also tell by the height of the U in the back.. That was the give a way in the past. All this is in my opinion of course. I'll compare for sure when I go home.

If they are fake they are amazing in my opinion.. You should be able to tell by the feeling of the shoe more than we can tell by the look. You can also tell by the height of the U in the back.. That was the give a way in the past. All this is in my opinion of course. I'll compare for sure when I go home.
Thanks a lot!  I used to such a 'pro' at telling fakes from reals.  The sneaker landscape in terms of quality of authentics (down) and the quality and volume of fakes (up and up) has completely changed since I stopped collecting about ten years ago.  Right around that time, I also had a theory (unfounded) that Jordan Brand themselves may have been behind the variants or that they were being produced side by side to the authentics in Chinese factories.  E.g. a tell tale sign of fake IV's back then was the the mesh box not running parallel.  Soon after, all of the authentic retros' mesh box did not run parallel.  I couldn't figure out why JB decided to go that route.

And I haven't stepped foot in a mall in over five years.  I also heard of the term "Unauthorized Authentic (UA)"  for the first time.

I feel like Nike has such low quality standards and that everything is churn and burn, it wouldn't surprise me that there is no established production procedure for the number of dots on tabs for different sizes.  The quality of the leather is spot on to the descriptions I have gotten.  I haven't had the chance to get my hands on a legit pair for comparison, so this is a huge help.  

With all of that being said, the shoes definitely do feel good.   Slightly sloppy glue work in some areas, but very very minimal.
Can you post a better, clearer pic of the size tag?
I will be sure to take a better photo when I get home, thanks!

Last edited:
Can you post a better, clearer pic of the size tag?
Please see below:

Production tag:

One flaw I noticed was the slight stitching flaw in front of the left show, I reckon this can happen in the case of authentics as well.

The shoes itself looks very legit. But if u guys look at the production tag "us uk eur cm" notice how 9.5 & 27.5 has a bigger font as to 8.5 & 43 smaller fonts, which is a red flag.
View media item 1921991
Edit:disregard.

Last edited:

Yeah they are definitely authentic. 
Thank you so much!  I am getting quite neurotic and stressed out about this.

Don't flame me guys (Kanye voice: these are my favorite Jordans of all time!) I just two additional pairs in the mail from another ebay'er, anthonytechnologiesllc

They smell the same, look the same, with a few exceptions, the back of the tabs of both new  shoes do have 8 dots per tab.

The production dates range from 09/09/15 to varied dates - don't worry about this?

The cement speckling of the back of the first shoe is a lot more than the two I received today.  Has there been a consensus that there are inconsistencies with this??

Shoe #1:

Shoes #2 & #3 that I received today:

I received two copies of "receipts" from Nike.com with the two today, do these look like legitimate receipts? 

Last edited:
A side by side

Left: shoe #1 (The one I've been questioning in the original post)

Right: one of the shoes I received today

Can Nike be that inconsistent with cement print??

I'm gonna change my opinion to 1st pair being Legit. But don't understand why there's 7 dots on left tab and 8 on right, could easy be a mistake/flaw. My apologies on the production tag, it was just bad angle.

About the Nike receipts, mine came different also came with return shipping. But from reading the wc4 thread I notice others got the black/white slip like yours.

I'm gonna change my opinion to 1st pair being Legit. But don't understand why there's 7 dots on left tab and 8 on right, could easy be a mistake/flaw. My apologies on the production tag, it was just bad angle.

About the Nike receipts, mine came different also came with return shipping. But from reading the wc4 thread I notice others got the black/white slip like yours.
Thank you Joe, this is stressful!

Any opinion/insight on the disparity of speckling across pairs?

Thank you Joe, this is stressful!

Any opinion/insight on the disparity of speckling across pairs?
1st pair has lots of speckles, if u look at the wc4 thread, u can view all the pic's posted and compare. I've seen some or maybe as much speckles as your 1st pair.

Here's my 2 pairs, and it looks like your 2nd 3rd pair with not as much speckles.
View media item 1922338Left-fnl right-ndc

Last edited:
I just noticed the crappy star work on the right shoe.  Has anyone received a pair like this?  Sorry guys, I just want to be thorough and return them if need be.

Back
Top Bottom