2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ridiculous GOAT stat of the week.........

All time greats, Ken Griffey Jr. and Pete Rose combined for 162.7 WAR in their careers.  Barry Bonds' career WAR was 162.4 by himself.

pimp.gif

Last edited:
O's have pulled Davis' offer for now.

Gotta assume they come back with a smaller offer. Davis goofed

Boras thought he could drive up Davis' price...but the O's know that they were bidding against themselves.

Eduardo A. Encina
[emoji]10004[/emoji]
@EddieInTheYard

Duquette: "Now is the time of the year to buckle down & for people to make choices." #Orioles

Take it or leave it, Chris.

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if they ink Justin Upton by the end of the day. Adding him solves A LOT of problems in the field and at the plate.

All time greats, Ken Griffey Jr. and Pete Rose combined for 162.7 WAR in their careers.  Barry Bonds' career WAR was 162.4 by himself.

:pimp:
Dope picture :smokin

Justin Upton would rake in Camden Yards. However I don't think his defense would help much. Still way too streaky of a hitter.

That would be such an overrated OF pairing of Upton and Jones :lol: they actually deserve each other.

Last edited:
Word is Heyward will choose between two teams today.....Cards & Cubbies.

I mean...I get it...but why are you doing this, Cubs? :lol: you're already probably the best team going in to 2016.

Possibly drive up the price on Heyward for the Cards, then turn around and sign Alex Gordon?

Or just add another 6 win player in his prime to the core. Could go either way I suppose. :lol:

Word is Heyward will choose between two teams today.....Cards & Cubbies.

I mean...I get it...but why are you doing this, Cubs? :lol: you're already probably the best team going in to 2016.

Possibly drive up the price on Heyward for the Cards, then turn around and sign Alex Gordon?

Or just add another 6 win player in his prime to the core. Could go either way I suppose. :lol:

I feel like I'd start to root against them if they signed Heyward, which doesn't make sense because I wouldn't mind seeing them win and I love Heyward :lol:

Alex Gordon might hurt the team defensively, if he's in CF he's gonna get exposed.

That would be such an overrated OF pairing of Upton and Jones :lol: they actually deserve each other.

O's need corner OF help in the worst way...from what I've been reading, they've been in contact w/ Upton's camp.

Unless we're a darkhorse in the Heyward sweepstakes, I think it's either gonna be Upton or Gordon.

The latter two wouldn't break the bank, and would allow the O's to allocate some of the $ elsewhere.

I would just bring back Parra on the cheap and try to go after Gordon before whoever loses out on Heyward overpays him.

I like Upton for the Yankees but he's gonna be overpaid regardless.

Nats picked up Trevor Gott for Escobar. I like it. Escobar had a career year, don't expect him to duplicate it.

:pimp:

He wasnt really by himself. His friend Mr.Steroid helped him a bit. #keep_it_real

Griffey Jr. > Bonds
idc, idc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom