2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Fowler wouldve re-signed with us, Cubs really wouldnt be looking at Heyward. So blame Dexter Fowler.

It depends on how they structure the Heyward deal. With Werth and Zimmerman coming off the books before Harper is a FA and most of Scherzer's money being deferred, they'd still have the resources to re-sign him. I just wouldn't be as confident with Heyward in the fold.

Yunel was the Nats best hitter from last year not named Bryce.
It was also a career year by far. Not to mention his horrendous range at 3B. Only thing I don't like about this move is that Espinosa will probably be our starting 2B at least to start the year.

Brian Heyman @bheyman99
Just spoke with Carlos Beltran, told me he will decide after this last year of contract whether he will retire. #Yankees

Ridiculous GOAT stat of the week.........

All time greats, Ken Griffey Jr. and Pete Rose combined for 162.7 WAR in their careers.  Barry Bonds' career WAR was 162.4 by himself.

pimp.gif
He wasnt really by himself. His friend Mr.Steroid helped him a bit. #keep_it_real

Griffey Jr. > Bonds
idc, idc
Whenever someone makes a statement and follows it up with "idc, idc", "I don't care what anyone says" or any variation of that, it is basically stating to the world that you know you are completely wrong, but don't have a problem expressing said incorrect opinion.

I've seen that exact scene play out before minus the Cigar Club... And swap out the duck for a buck :lol:... Venison :smokin... Rednecks are another level...

If anyone is interested, I'm starting a baseball book club through my blog. Starting January 1st, we'll start reading one book each month of the new year. At the end of each month, we'll host a discussion on Reddit's /r/baseball with other book club members. In addition, we'll also record a discussion podcast, which will feature both the book’s author and selected book club members.

Our first book will be "Banzai Babe Ruth: Baseball, Espionage, and Assassination During the 1934 Tour of Japan". The book's author, baseball historian Robert K. Fitts, has agreed to join us on the podcast for an interview about the book. You can subscribe to the podcast here.

If anyone is interested, I'm starting a baseball book club through my blog. Starting January 1st, we'll start reading one book each month of the new year. At the end of each month, we'll host a discussion on Reddit's /r/baseball with other book club members. In addition, we'll also record a discussion podcast, which will feature both the book’s author and selected book club members.

Our first book will be "Banzai Babe Ruth: Baseball, Espionage, and Assassination During the 1934 Tour of Japan". The book's author, baseball historian Robert K. Fitts, has agreed to join us on the podcast for an interview about the book. You can subscribe to the podcast here.
Are you Travis? Was reading the contact page

If so...James Logan High School waddup!  Class of 2012 here LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom