2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone is interested, I'm starting a baseball book club through my blog. Starting January 1st, we'll start reading one book each month of the new year. At the end of each month, we'll host a discussion on Reddit's /r/baseball with other book club members. In addition, we'll also record a discussion podcast, which will feature both the book’s author and selected book club members.

Our first book will be "Banzai Babe Ruth: Baseball, Espionage, and Assassination During the 1934 Tour of Japan". The book's author, baseball historian Robert K. Fitts, has agreed to join us on the podcast for an interview about the book. You can subscribe to the podcast here.

Are you Travis? Was reading the contact page

If so...James Logan High School waddup!  Class of 2012 here LOL

UC it haha

Please don't trade Cookie for some propescts.

dudes contract has Indians written all over it.

Keep him.

Try and move Salazar and bank on Kipnis and Gomes having rebound years and the young god Lindor doing things and keep it cool when Dr. Smooth comes back we coming :pimp:

In which way doe

If you look at their career numbers in the 1990's, they were very close. The kid has back to back seasons of 56 jacks which is very impressive. I think what sets them apart is in playoff stats. Griffeys .ba, .slg. Ops. Obs were all higher than bonds in less amount of games. Plus he has that tear of 5 homers in one series. Now keep in mind I'm only talking about the 1990's before ken got hurt. I think that's the only way it's fair to compare them. Bonds obviously had the longevity , due to "obvious reasons" but l guess you can give him that. Both were great players, however. What I'd do to watch them both in their prime man :frown:

Bonds is better than everyone not named Babe Ruth  
laugh.gif

Get out of here 

If you look at their career numbers in the 1990's, they were very close. The kid has back to back seasons of 56 jacks which is very impressive. I think what sets them apart is in playoff stats. Griffeys .ba, .slg. Ops. Obs were all higher than bonds in less amount of games. Plus he has that tear of 5 homers in one series. Now keep in mind I'm only talking about the 1990's before ken got hurt. I think that's the only way it's fair to compare them. Bonds obviously had the longevity , due to "obvious reasons" but l guess you can give him that. Both were great players, however. What I'd do to watch them both in their prime man
frown.gif
Same...I didnt get into baseball as a kid until Griffey was in Cincinnati 
mean.gif

I forgot to mention too that Griffey was chosen for MLB's All Century Team 
eek.gif

His swing was something else man

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Baseball_All-Century_Team

Last edited:
Ted Williams is 3rd behind Ruth and Bonds for me
Last .400 season ever batted

Last edited:
Whenever someone makes a statement and follows it up with "idc, idc", "I don't care what anyone says" or any variation of that, it is basically stating to the world that you know you are completely wrong, but don't have a problem expressing said incorrect opinion.

Or it can be viewed as "I don't care to hear anyones opinion, I know I'm right."

*Mourning gif*

Last edited:
I remember him being hyped. Crazy how really only Rizzo panned out from that Gonzo trade, right? And Theo of course got his guy back #ThePlan :lol:

Crazy Babe Ruth of the week: Babe Ruth "won" the triple crown both as a pitcher and a hitter within a three year span.

#GOAT

Was saving that for next week but since you asked :lol:

Only five teams hit more HRs than Ruth in 1919. Only one team hit more than him in 1920. He fell off in 1921 and only hit more than half the league.

Last edited:
Griffey losing almost half a season every year on average from 31-36 is one of my biggest travesties in sports in my lifetime.

Because he was still capable of pulling off .290-.300 35-45HRs 100+ RBIs, even showed it at 37 when he was able to stay healthy for a season (well except for average, but put up a .301 at 35 when he missed 40 or so games).

And it really hurts being able to compare him to some guys because of how much it prevented him from going the extra mile on top of a First Ballot Hall of Famer, and even decreased cumulative career stats that measure impact.

I'm immensely curious if he is spared if he was moved to RF at age 31-32, as opposed to 36-37.

Last edited:
Wilpons better open up that checkbook if they want another pennant. Sign Cespedes and bite the bullet. Cubs looking good next year.

@dgoold
Source: Heyward has made a decision. #cardinals were very aggressive but doesn't sound like he chose them. #cubs very much in play here.

Theo's really gonna give him 200m though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom