2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

@ESPNSteinLine Memphis, meanwhile, only has an $8+ million chunk of cap space left but I'm told they're trying to make sufficient room to land Eric Gordon

ESPN sources say the Knicks have made a four-year offer to Courtney Lee, but Lee has a variety of suitors and is working through the options

Memphis, meanwhile, only has an $8+ million chunk of cap space left but I'm told they're trying to make sufficient room to land Eric Gordon

ESPN sources say the Knicks have made a four-year offer to Courtney Lee, but Lee has a variety of suitors and is working through the options

Memphis, meanwhile, only has an $8+ million chunk of cap space left but I'm told they're trying to make sufficient room to land Eric Gordon

Oh thank God. Memphis can keep Gordon.

Reading DeRozan's comments on why he didn't choose the Lakers, I wouldn't be surprised if other players felt the same way about the legacy and all that goes into playing for them. The expectations, pressures, etc.
Teams can't bank on just showing them the banners anymore. Not if money being thrown around like this.

Some dudes are completely fine making bank in lower key places.

Length is impressive but those young guys need to develop a 3 ball.

Seems like the coaching staff is discouraging Parker from taking it, which is perplexing.

Completly untrue. What they do is have them work on what tbeyre goodat first and get them to think drive first. Same thing happened with GA. When kidd first became coach GA was forbidden to take 3s until he could do other things well. Jabari was basically not allowed to take 3s until 2nd half of the year. He took many them though and him GA and kiid are always doing 3 pt contests at practice :lol:

Edit. I guess ur right tho :lol: they did discourage him from taking them in game until he could show them enough in practice. It wasnt that they just dont ever want him to shoot.

Last edited:
13528967_10153544319631536_6141992935797993360_n.png

Ya'll just don't understand. You know how long I've been waiting on us to get competent starters around the core so we can compete in the playoffs?

I'm taking the risk on these guys being healthy. At least I know they can compete against high level competition. I've seen what the Courtney Lee's and lesser talent has gotten us. We are a team that doesn't have a true superstar, so having 5 or 6 high level players is our best shot at doing anything special.

One thing I can say about Gordon was that he performed well against the Warriors in the playoffs. Something we consistently need for someone to do outside of Conley, Zbo and Marc. I'll be more pissed if we were keeping the core together and trying to fill gaps with old *** veterans like we've been doing.

Last edited:
wait, why people so upset with Conley's contract? i mean only a year ago, a healthy Conley would've supposedly been the difference in that grizz/gsw series

:lol:

Of course Derozan aint wanna be under the microscope. When ya bum *** is going 5 for 30 every night why would you.

Lakers just have to clean house upstairs and pray Ingram balls out this year.

wait, why people so upset with Conley's contract? i mean only a year ago, a healthy Conley would've supposedly been the difference in that grizz/gsw series

:lol:

I got no problem with it. Hes a pure point guard and can run the offense.Not many of them with his skillset

Just saw the conley contract. Wow. If durant had plans on leaving (which i think he didnt). This changes that dynamic - one year with a opt out. No way conley can make more than durant

Chris Mannix @ChrisMannixYS
New Orleans among the teams expressing interest in Rajon Rondo, league sources told @TheVertical . Rondo led the NBA in assists last season.

o_O

Chris Mannix @ChrisMannixYS
New Orleans among the teams expressing interest in Rajon Rondo, league sources told @TheVertical . Rondo led the NBA in assists last season.

o_O
For some reason I'm more interested to see where he lands than anyone else.

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 3m3 minutes ago
Kevin Durant’s meeting with the Clippers is over after four hours. Will meet with Spurs and Celtics tomorrow.

Oh geez, four hours?!

Kevin Durant’s meeting with the Clippers is over after four hours. Will meet with Spurs and Celtics tomorrow.

Oh geez, four hours?!

I wish I was a wall fly to see what exactly gets said. 4 hours just seems so dam long.

Oh geez, four hours?!
got damb 4 hours.. sheesh. How is it even possible they sign KD

Oh geez, four hours?!
BG probably put a chair to the door and said to KD "you ain't going nowhere buddy"

Last edited:
4 hours too long...

If I'm a free agent. The tour and meet with personnel should be an hr max. Then pitch 20 minutes. Then negotiations ima leave that to my agent and bounce.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom