2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Everyone hates on super teams and lack of loyalty but Melo gets hammered for going to a team and city that he likes and staying there. Pick a side please.

Sad for Melo cause he seems to finally be maturing and getting more well rounded but his game is starting to decline. No props for focusing on defense and trusting your teammates at age 30.

Rose-Butler-Pau and all their great role players couldnt even make the playoffs. Now they're suppose to be the favorite to win a ring?

NT logic.
They almost won 50 games the year before that.  I would think they would have won more games under Thibs had they had someone who could have created for himself and in turn Thibs wouldn't have been fired which led to the bulls hiring a coach that does not fit their personnel at all.

Everyone hates on super teams and lack of loyalty but Melo gets hammered for going to a team and city that he likes and staying there. Pick a side please.

Sad for Melo cause he seems to finally be maturing and getting more well rounded but his game is starting to decline. No props for focusing on defense and trusting your teammates at age 30.
Melo stays with a bad team "Lol Melo he's so fat and stupid. Knicks suck lololololol"

Russ stays with a bad team "Russ da alpha goat point gawdzilla MVP MVP MVP"

Rose-Butler-Pau and all their great role players couldnt even make the playoffs. Now they're suppose to be the favorite to win a ring?

NT logic.

They almost won 50 games the year before that.  I would think they would have won more games under Thibs had they had someone who could have created for himself and in turn Thibs wouldn't have been fired which led to the bulls hiring a coach that does not fit their personnel at all.
Melo is def that player they needed who creates his own shot :rolleyes

Melo stays with a bad team "Lol Melo he's so fat and stupid. Knicks suck lololololol"

ALL FACTS

LeBron drags those awful cavs teams playoffs, even the finals, and loses: "He sucks!! I called his phone but no ring!!"

Melo misses the playoffs consistently: "Well the knicks never gave him a chance."

Am I doing this right?

We need to have a Grizzlies conversation. This one is going nowhere.

OKC is a bad team?

And we all know Melo stayed with the Knicks because they play in the largest market in the world. Melo displayed he attitude about not wanting to be a winner when he decided to quit on the Nuggets, and had the only option of wanting to play in New York for the Knicks. The Nuggets were a much better team than what he had in New York.

LeBron drags those awful cavs teams playoffs, even the finals, and loses: "He sucks!! I called his phone but no ring!!"

Melo misses the playoffs consistently: "Well the knicks never gave him a chance."

Am I doing this right?

Who you taking RIGHT now....Marc or DJ?

:nerd:

Am I doing this right?

"cuz Melo is fat and lazy and plays no D lol Knicks suck lolololololol"

Am I doing this right?

Man watching lebron and 3 ex Knicks starting the finals was paaaaainful! LOL in the end I was happy for them and Channing Frye. Ironically the Cavs stealing 2 from GS that year made me respect a certain player ...

Am I doing this right?

pretty much
.blinded homerism at its finest.

It's easy to assume Melo on that Bulls team would have been "great". Though logic says if we just saw Butler clashing with his teammates over style of play...not sure how adding Melo to that mix wouldn't have resulted in a similar outcome. If Melo goes to that team and they don't win...the same people saying he "chose money over winning" now would be the same people slandering him for going to Chicago and not getting it done.

You really are damned if you, damned if you don't as a star athlete. Everybody is going to have criticism for whatever move you make. 

Last edited:

Am I doing this right?

Who you taking RIGHT now....Marc or DJ?

:nerd:

On the Clippers? DJ. On the Grizz? Marc.

I don't think either team would be any better with the other player. I think Marc is better tho. I just think the Clippers need DJ's athleticism.

Last edited:
Melo needs another Chauncey Billups to get him into his game. When Melo is the lone superstar and he's trying to do everything himself he's garbage. That's the sole problem with the Knicks. The whole time Melo has been on the Knicks he hasn't had a good solid PG that will feed him the ball when he needs it. When he was on the Nuggets that team was ballin. They were one Trevor Ariza steal from making the finals. They had it man and Melo was incredible. All the Knicks teams have shown is that Melo is a better sidekick than alpha dog.

Melo needs another Chauncey Billups to get him into his game. When Melo is the lone superstar and he's trying to do everything himself he's garbage. That's the sole problem with the Knicks. The whole time Melo has been on the Knicks he hasn't had a good solid PG that will feed him the ball when he needs it. When he was on the Nuggets that team was ballin. They were one Trevor Ariza steal from making the finals. They had it man and Melo was incredible. All the Knicks teams have shown is that Melo is a better sidekick than alpha dog.

The end of your theory makes no sense to me because he clearly wasn't a sidekick on the Nuggets, he was the alpha dog. And in the 54 win Knicks season he was the alpha dog. I don't see how his lack of help has shown he is better as a sidekick ::Kanye shrug::

I also don't understand how he consistently can't make the playoffs but before this Knicks stuff the last 3 seasons, he and Tim Duncan were the only 2 players in the league to make the playoffs every season

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom