2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Cavs host Knicks for ring night.
No worries.

The Knicks will go 'head and ruin a special night hosted by the Cavs. Again.
smokin.gif

2020 President Brad Stevens' mug about to be on TV a whole lot.

Last edited:
Boston been overhyped for the past few years. Landing horford and it doesn't surprise me the league is trying to capitalize on that

Boston been overhyped for the past few years. Landing horford and it doesn't surprise me the league is trying to capitalize on that

Overhyped?

They've increased their win total each year the past two seasons lead by mainly role players. They aren't considered a contender by any stretch. Not sure how they are overhyped

Overhyped?

They've increased their win total each year the past two seasons lead by mainly role players. They aren't considered a contender by any stretch. Not sure how they are overhyped
Perhaps it's the fact that nt doesn't slander them which gives the effect they are overhyped but yes I agree with your assessment of the team

Last edited:
Just tossing this out there...

Last year's Celtics also played up to their opponents (at least the elite teams in the league, anyway). You never know how these things go from one season to another and freak **** always happens, but maybe broadcast partners are banking on a higher chance you'll see a competitive, wire-to-wire game. Because Lord knows we've all had enough of weak *** blowouts on national TV.

Also feels like there's a lot of hype from the national media thinking they'll be a top 3 team in the East.

I get all their games locally so it doesn't matter to me. At least their style of play makes for some fun games.

Their Christmas is getting ruined though.
smokin.gif

@BaxterHolmes Am told Lakers set to open 2016-17 season by hosting the Houston Rockets, now coached by former Lakers coach Mike D’Antoni, on Oct. 26.

Half more hour before schedule is released.

Grizz should be playing Minnesota on opening night if I'm reading Matt Moore's hint correctly

Another Marc vs KAT matchup

:lol: the NBA so confused. Still got OKC Christmas day thinking KD still on the team.

BOS @ NYK? Wut

Also, don't understand CHI @ SAS.

Poor.

Ewww. Schedule makers need to be fired.

CHI v NYK
GS v CLE
OKC v LAC
HOU v SA

should have been at least 4 of the matchups.

Last edited:
If you're going to put the Knicks and Bulls on the Christmas day schedule, make them play each other.

Edit:

Ewww. Schedule makers need to be fired.

CHI v NYK
GS v CLE
OKC v LAC
HOU v SA

should have been at least 4 of the matchups.
Taking into account time zones and what not:

Lakers @ Celtics (A 9AM PST start for the Lakers :lol:)
Knicks @ Bulls
Warriors @ Cavs
Rockets @ Thunder
Spurs @ Clippers

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom