2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Westbrook was the scapegoat, no matter what happened it was always westbrooks fault. Either he should've played better or he should've made better decisions. Even though sometimes that was true KD seemed to never get any blame.
Yup, Blame Russ and then Scott Brooks
if they didn't he would've left when given the chance
He left instantly when he was given the chance even though they did protect him ala this summer.
Chris Paul shutting down durant still flys under the radar

Brooks should have been fired that night
laugh.gif

I was so damn livid when CP3 was shackling him up and he was barely fighting for post position. My brother was like yo wtf is KD doing he can't score on a dude that's like 8 inches shorter than him.

OKC media protected KD a lot 
if they didn't he would've left when given the chance i remember that newspaper
Yup, Blame Russ and then Scott Brooks

He left instantly when he was given the chance even though they did protect him ala this summer.

:lol:

I was so damn livid when CP3 was shackling him up and he was barely fighting for post position. My brother was like yo wtf is KD doing he can't score on a dude that's like 8 inches shorter than him.
i know i was joking.

i remember this though

View media item 2131121

about kd not punking a smaller player. sometimes its harder to do things against smaller dudes. lebron was guarded well by j kidd and jj barea in 2k11.

Last edited:
Durant scored 40 points that game, then 27 and 39 points (33-65 FG) the following two games.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It wasn't just the OKC media that protected Durant. OKC niketalkers protected him a lot during those times.

Protect Melo from what!?
from slander. when people say anything negative about melo 

"its not his fault"

"the knicks have failed him" 

"he has nothing to work with" 

"phil jackson" 

insert whatever excuse for it not being carmelos fault the knicks are trash

Billups was better fit than AI was. I was a huge AI fan but every plan the took turns on who would shoot, **** was awful. But by having a TRUE point guard in Billups with practically the same squad we went to the WCF and gave it away.

That offense was so damn poor man :lol:. They would literally take turns going iso like 2-3 possessions at a time each. I think that team and McHale's rockets are the worst offenses I've ever seen. Unbelievably bad.

"phil jackson" 

FIXED because he could've stayed in Denver and had more to work with but other than that looks accurate.

Well its not like that **** isn't true

This mans best teammate was an out of prime BILLUPS.

Last edited:
[t/650415/2016-official-nba-off-season-thread-former-greatness/20070#post_26331120 layout=inline]The whole "media never blames KD" thing is an old narrative. That clearly wasn't the case last year. After they lost to GS, please point to me where the "it's all Westbrook's fault, KD needed more help" talk came from. 

Last edited:
That offense was so damn poor man :lol:. They would literally take turns going iso like 2-3 possessions at a time each. I think that team and McHale's rockets are the worst offenses I've ever seen. Unbelievably bad.

Man I loved AI so I wanted it to work, but that was AWFUL to watch. But they were so gifted offensively we still made the playoffs.

Those Denver teams were terrible before Chauncey came back home. With that said, the Nuggets with Chauncey and Melo were really good because Kenyon and Nene were healthy during that stretch and JR played really well.

Highschool Chip
NCAA Chip
Olympic Gold everywhere
NBA nothing. Definition of a Loser. 

'You must be winning" Zyzz, "teach me."

Being a nuggets fan, have we forgotten that Melo's best teammate was an out of prime Billups? And now he has to rely of Rose to stay healthy smh

*clears throat

Let me a little more clear in case I've confused you, I'm not calling Melo a loser. I'm poking fun at the dude who said Melo is only a winner if he retires from NBA and plays only Olympics.

The dude has won at every level ever, but called a loser......I understand slighting somebody but woah
But that guy is something else, posts are on another level

Last edited:
Those Denver teams were terrible before Chauncey came back home. With that said, the Nuggets with Chauncey and Melo were really good because Kenyon and Nene were healthy during that stretch and JR played really well.

Facts, but Melo covered it up by taking us to the playoffs every year from his rookie year forward. Bilups actually got them to play ball the correct way.
*clears throat

Let me a little more clear in case I've confused you, I'm not calling Melo a loser. I'm poking fun at the dude who said Melo is only a winner if he retires from NBA and plays only Olympics.

The dude is won at every level ever, but called a loser......I understand slighting somebody.
But that guy is something else, posts are on another level

No I know you wasn't, but I was too lazy to find his post. So I just piggybacked off yours.

I should've been clearer

Last edited:
Protect Melo from what!?

"its not his fault"
"phil jackson" 

T
Hose Knicks teams definitely would have been in the playoffs maybe finals if Melo hadn't been on the team :rolleyes

Melo was a hero in Denver for his efforts in getting those squads to the playoffs. Before Melo, the only time Nuggets fans like myself enjoyed playoff basketball was back when Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo got us past the Sonics.

Melo had guys like DerMar Johnson, Earl Boykins and Najera as teammates. YIKES

Melo was a hero in Denver for his efforts in getting those squads to the playoffs. Before Melo, the only time Nuggets fans like myself enjoyed playoff basketball was back when Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo got us past the Sonics.

Melo had guys like DerMar Johnson, Earl Boykins and Najera as teammates. YIKES
Good ole Najera but you cant forget Anthony Carter. I swear he had nudes of somebody in the organization, we always employed that man.

Kleiza under achieved tho

Protect Melo from what!?

"its not his fault"
"phil jackson" 

T
Hose Knicks teams definitely would have been in the playoffs maybe finals if Melo hadn't been on the team
eyes.gif
Knicks would've three-peated if Melo didn't ruin things by showing up. He made us suck 
mean.gif

Good ole Najera but you cant forget Anthony Carter. I swear he had nudes of somebody in the organization, we always employed that man.

Kleiza under achieved tho

AC was terrible, him, Francisco Elson and Yakhouba Diawara had to have had nudez of GK or Stan Kroenke.

He hasn't but you know how it goes.

2013 playoffs:

Carmelo goes 15-29(.517%) in a closeout game has 24 points, 7 rebounds and 3 turnovers, he didn't pass the ball enough

Durant goes 5-21(.238%) in a closeout game has 21 points, 8 rebounds and 7 turnovers, he didn't have enough help

**** gets comical after awhile.

How do you go 15-29 and only end up with 24 points? Were they playing by 1s that game?

Back
Top Bottom