2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

nerd.gif
Look at this young bastard. Back in my day you couldn't just post an emoticon. You had to "1 2 3 4 5" it at least.

**** just aint the same, man. 

Damn, 27/28 is prime?

Sports prime isn't the same as real life prime.
mid to late 20s is prime imo life and sports.beside money and career . the best you ever going to be body and physical wise is your late 20s. I don't think 40 years old is prime years. I don't relate prime with money.

Last edited:
Seriously.

The male brain isn't finished developing at 27/28...so sports prime definitely isn't the same as life prime.
The brain is developed at 25. You off on that one. They say that's the age of true adult hood. Not fully developed till like 40 some say. Others say truly developed at 25.
40 is far from prime thi

Last edited:
Damn. I think some of you think life sucks when you're in your 40's and 50's. That's not the case fellas, unless you have bad health.

I don't think life sucks in your 40s but you 40 already. You making the best of your situation we all do as we age.
As I stated though people don't look forward to getting old or even look forward to 40. I don't see how that's even an argument.I'm 33 and I don't like looking 33. That's not to say I'm not having fun or my life isn't fulfilled. I'm talking looks and body only
People spend billions trying to look younger.

Last edited:
I guess in life, your prime is really what you make of it. Take care of yourself and you're prime will be later in life. Demolish your body and well, 27 could be your prime.

Prime for me is now. Kids growing up, becoming young men in a couple of years. I sure enjoy that a hell of alot more than partying in my 20's. Thats fun for a couple of years.

A healthy balance is key.

The only thing i can't do now that i could when i was younger is play sports. But who cares. Sports wasn't feeding me.

I guess in life, your prime is really what you make of it. Take care of yourself and you're prime will be later in life. Demolish your body and well, 27 could be your prime.

Prime for me is now. Kids growing up, becoming young men in a couple of years. I sure enjoy that a hell of alot more than partying in my 20's. Thats fun for a couple of years.

A healthy balance is key.

The only thing i can't do now that i could when i was younger is play sports. But who cares. Sports wasn't feeding me.
This is true. We all know people who peaked in high school :lol:

yeah I hate when people bring this up. Kobe still would've been injured. Kobe was old already. Realistically how was that going to work. I never got mad at that trade not going through. Never been a cp fan

Uh the trade happened before the 2012 season. Where he was an MVP candidate at age 34 the very next season. He was showing down but the injuries didn't come until after, partly because of him playing 40 minutes a game just to drag the Lakers to the playoffs. At the very least CP being the greatest regular season PG according to some, could have def eased that load.

There's no direct correlation between overuse and tears. Kobe was 34 . how many more good years did he have left even if he wasn't injured. Lets be realistic here. We left no championships on the table even if cp was here.

Last edited:
There's no direct correlation between overuse and tears. Kobe was 34 . how many more good years did he have left even if he want injured. Lets be realistic here. We left no championships on the table.

Child please. He comes off a season where he's a top 5 MVP candidate, one of his best Seasons ever and he just magically falls off with no devastating injuries to the level he did? At the very least he's what Wade was last year by the time he retires, not looking like the worst player in the league. No way to know for sure, but I'll assume CP, 12/13 Bean, and 12/13 Howard gets to the finals and challenges Miami.

Last edited:
Very possible. Ton of mileage on him. Two years ago peyton manning was one of the best qbs in the L. Things can change quickly with age in sports. Players can and do fall off very quick.

Last edited:
I don't know about the fit being perfect but they've always played well from the all star games and Olympic play as well. But the scenario that Bean goes from b2b years at age 33 and 34 of 27, 6, 5, to falling off a cliff with no injuries is absurd. And saying adding another top 5 player in Paul and another top 15 in Dwert wouldn't have brought them a great chance at a title is equally as absurd.

Last edited:
Olympic Kobe was the worst chucking Kobe. He didn't work well with anyone

He did win USA the gold for the most part in that game so I'm not saying he was a bad player

I wouldn't say that cp3 worked well with him though

Eh I think they played well off each other, and partly why I think it would have worked. One of the knock on CP at times comes from his lack of aggressiveness, don't have to worry about that with Bean.

Last edited:
bringing up the olympics with " who can play with each other " is stupid. 

its the olympics. 

the same , melo is great during the olympics and shares the ball etc etc. 

olympics and nba ball arent the same. 

http://wagesofwins.com/nba-players-age-like-milk/

age change                               expected performance change from previous season 

32-33                                         -35%

33-34                                        -57%

34-35                                         -146%

yes players due tend to fall off a cliff without injury at about age 35. 

if paul cant get it done with blake and deandre . no way an old kobe and dwight are winning ish . we left no chips on the table. best case scenario we are a 2nd round and out team with that core. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom