2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

I think Kobe would have been content with giving the ball up to CP, but at the same time it's difficult to imagine Kobe working off the ball.

CP3 would've looked great standing in the corner while Kobe posted up and taught him how to win.

And Kobe would have looked great watching CP dribble for 18 seconds of the shot clock until Paul was forced to pass for a contested 3.

I don't think it would have worked

There would have been an adjustment period, but like that first year of Wade and Bron in Miami, the talent is there to at least get you there. Bean and CP are both high basketball IQ guys, they could have adjusted, maybe even quicker.

Last edited:
If Bron & Wade worked, how could Paul & Kobe not work?
bron and wade were both young/prime .  kobe was old. wasnt going to last very long. would a 29 year old kobe and a younger cp have worked. sure. but not 34 year old kobe. 

kobe was also a huge ball hog. bron likes to hold on to the ball but he likes to pass more. kobe also got injured . if cp got traded here , kobe still gets injured. no correlation between minutes played and tears. 

Last edited:
CP3 would've looked great standing in the corner while Kobe posted up and taught him how to win.

that's bron actually that turns any guy with talent into a spot up shooter. when kobe played with great players, he used them. pau, when he was balling, never complained about touches.

Kobe was old in age not play at age 33 and 34, which would have been the 2 years were talking about. As for after that without the injuries who's to say. The way he took care of his body leading up to that point and the less emphasis on using his athleticism leans me to believe the decline would have been far more gradual.

Last edited:
I think Kobe would have been content with giving the ball up to CP, but at the same time it's difficult to imagine Kobe working off the ball.

I actually thought Kobe looked great when he played off the ball in Mike brown's Princeton offense, brief as it was and thru his career. Kobe just wants shots at the end of the day. I think cp3 would have had a rough time adjusting to being off the ball more tho. Low key the problem the clippers have now

Last edited:
You guys gotta remember CP3 can't make it beyond the 2nd round so it really wouldn't have made much of a difference.

:rofl: at the "prime" discussion

I was jokingly saying prime as in "NBA prime". I didn't think it would go that far.

IMO, normal life prime is in your 30's. I think that's when people take the biggest steps in their careers.

that's bron actually that turns any guy with talent into a spot up shooter. when kobe played with great players, he used them. pau, when he was balling, never complained about touches.
Difference being pau is (was) a post player

Last edited:
this time its understandable, didnt wall sign like a 80 some mil for 5 years. this dude who is often injured , hasnt even made an all star game getting way more dough then you and hes your teammate . gotta irk him. like when you see a coworker who aint as good as you always taking time off , or on workmens comp and they making more then you. im sure anyone would be bothered by it 

Last edited:
This is Walls fault? I'd be livid if some guy who's missed an entire season of games getting a truck load of money.

Back
Top Bottom