2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

6ers doing 6ers things and trading for Tibor Pleiss, a Center

AND 2nd round picks. They are doing Hinkie proud :smokin

#TrustTheProcess

But in all seriousness, getting rid of Marshal for picks is a win. Tibor will most likely get cut.

Last edited:
It's like people forgot Kevin Love was getting ready to be crucified when the Warriors went up 3-1.

Now he's something that Golden State should be worried about :lol:

Alright.

The problem the Warriors had and still have when it comes to the cavs.. And the benefit the cavs still have vs the Warriors

they don't have size or quality big bigs, they allow the cavs to play all of their best players at once without any ramifications

They can start love and TT together.. Bron can play a ton of mins at the 4 and always have 1 of those 2 at the center spot

Bogut's injury in the finals was huge.. Same way how Adams picking up 2 quick fouls and fetus landing on his lower back early was the real thing that killed the thunder in game 5

Last edited:
It's like people forgot Kevin Love was getting ready to be crucified when the Warriors went up 3-1.

Alright.

True, but he put all that non-defense playing into two plays of locking up Curry :lol:

Serious episode on First Take today.

Bout time since they were debating people's Madden rating the other day

So who competes against the Warriors out West? I am looking over the teams right now and really can't put anyone on the same Tier unless San Antonio proves us wrong again.

On paper, it's:

1.Warriors
2.Spurs
3&4 Rockets/ Clippers
5. Memphis
6. OKC
7. Utah
8. Pelicans/ Wolves/ Mavs

Barring injury/ chemistry, I don't see anyone beating them

Im sure you are the same person who said that the Warriors would beat the cavs even after the Cavs tied it 3-3.
I would day the Spurs or the Clippers will beat them. It can and will happen.
The Warriors are nothing to be scared of. Once Curry and Durant see the person they have lost too already in the finals, they will shrink and choke again.

I'm sure Draymond foolish self will do something dumb again. just watch

Alright.

until he locked up Stephanie Curry, had that boy looking foolish out there because he couldn't get passed him.
LOL

The problem the Warriors had and still have when it comes to the cavs.. And the benefit the cavs still have vs the Warriors

they don't have size or quality big bigs, they allow the cavs to play all of their best players at once without any ramifications

They can start love and TT together.. Bron can play a ton of mins at the 4 and always have 1 of those 2 at the center spot

Bogut's injury in the finals was huge.. Same way how Adams picking up 2 quick fouls and fetus landing on his lower back early was the real thing that killed the thunder in game 5

The thing about that is that With TT & Love on the Floor your trusting them to stop one of the best scorers the game has seen, either that or you have to have Lebron Guard him, Which will tire him out in a 7 game series. Love in this cavs offense just isn't in the post enough to tire KD out.

So if Bron is checking KD you now have Love/Thompson guarding Iggy & Dray who our both above average playmakers & if you help you giving up a shot to the three best shooters in the League.

Also it's not like GS has no big bodies at all, Btwn Zaza, West, Javale & Mcadoo they have guys who can bang for the first three quarters. don't get me wrong they will miss Bogut & Ezeli, but they ain't exactly paper thin either.

Not to mention, the Cavs lost Delly & Mogzov this off season. They aren't exactly overloaded with big man depth either.

I hve no issue saying Matt Harpring locked up Curry on that play. Forced him into a crazy *** shot. Great defense on that play.

Not making excuses for steph but to me that play vs love shows that he really was hurt. He had him shook, out of position, he had separation, he just didn't have any burst to actually get past him. That was a common theme with him in the playoffs.

3. And he absolutely did. Had to give it up to get it back.

Plus there was like 40 seconds on the clock when Love switched onto him. A layup cuts it to 1 with ~30 seconds. Call it what you want, just don't call the cops.

love had one noteworthy game in the finals. Cavs have were happy when he went down cause he was doing nothing all series long. They were talking bout trading him in the off season during that series.
Even without bogut game 7 came down to the wire but the cavs are going to sweep the finals cause kd beta etc etc. Sure.

In the west people over hyping the spurs. A gasol lamarcus big man lineup is food. They point guard position is still the same. They aint challenging the warriors. If the cavs and warriors stay healthy no team in they conferences is challenging them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom